CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   WTB: GM Smoke tail lights (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588965)

Essmotorsports 03-02-2021 02:39 PM

WTB: GM Smoke tail lights

Hello im looking to buy OEM GM smoke tail lights for 2018 ss. If anyone has a pair they want to sell let me know.
Thank you

ste6000 03-02-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Essmotorsports (Post 10964948)
Hello im looking to buy OEM GM smoke tail lights for 2018 ss. If anyone has a pair they want to sell let me know.
Thank you

the people selling these on ebay are crazy. i hope you can find a set at a good price.

arpad_m 03-02-2021 06:13 PM

I should've ordered a few extra sets back when I switched to these taillights, current prices are :crazy:

Now I know this might not look the best route, but have you tried a local dealership with a good parts department? They should be able to source these at MSRP and even that sure beats the ebay gouging that's going on... the part numbers you need are as follows:

L taillamp: 84136775
R taillamp: 84136776
3rd brake lamp: 84484034

Camaro Rules 03-02-2021 06:56 PM

Your local dealership...Should...be able to tell you where some are...In Stock...Maybe...as it may be in computer...but doesn't mean they will...have them...But a good place too start!

I just completed the...Holy Grail...search for mine...and paid for them...Trust me...they Ain't Cheap!! lol

My Quest was a Long and Crazy one! lol I always seemed a day late or a dollar short...to get a set from here.

I swore I wouldn't pay the high asking prices...but I did, go beyond, what I wanted too pay. I even drove from...Maine to Pennsylvania...just to pick one up. I wanted too make absolutely sure...it was what it was supposed to be.

I think I may have gotten the last...Right side...New one...at a decent price...off ebay. It was $350 with a $50 Core charge...No problem.
I find another new one...and it ended up being cracked...

I found one.(supposedly) in NC...I paid $379 without a core charge. I was very excited...until I opened it...It was...Red!

A service manager switched them out and put the old boxes...back on shelf and didn't tell anyone! They gave me a refund and told me...too keep the Red one...as they had no use for it...So I had a free Core! lol

This is why I decided to drive to PA! lol

I found some in GA and Alabama, but they now want...$450+ and Core + Shipping!!

So looking at...$500+ for one light!

I got mine in PA...for $350! (Last One)

Depending on whom...you talk too...These may or may not be...Discontinued.

Some say...the 84136777 set is...but the 84136775 and 84136776 are just on backorder due to the...Pandemic. Others say...they are...All...discontinued...No One seems to really knows...for sure.

One thing...I know...New ones...will never be..cheap again! lol

Good Luck...on your Quest! lol

Essmotorsports 03-02-2021 07:02 PM

Yeah I found one place in California that has a set but won't ship.....

Essmotorsports 03-02-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10965062)
I should've ordered a few extra sets back when I switched to these taillights, current prices are :crazy:

Now I know this might not look the best route, but have you tried a local dealership with a good parts department? They should be able to source these at MSRP and even that sure beats the ebay gouging that's going on... the part numbers you need are as follows:

L taillamp: 84136775
R taillamp: 84136776
3rd brake lamp: 84484034

Yeah I have been looking for those pn as well. Msrp plus core tho puts it too expensive... I would just go aftermarket then but even those are sold out! I was looking at Next Gen Speed.

ste6000 03-02-2021 09:44 PM

Have you checked these out. they seems to be the closest to OEM but from my understanding the lighting isnt as bright as OEM.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7G8Q33

ste6000 03-02-2021 09:45 PM

and i just realized they are now currently out of stock. well this gives you another option if you want to try to search for these.

Essmotorsports 03-03-2021 10:07 AM

Well I'm impatient and placed an order with a place that said 1-2 weeks.... worth a shot. I'll let you guys know if when I actually get them! Figured I can always cancel the order.

Essmotorsports 03-03-2021 10:10 AM

I talked to one dealer in Wisconsin that had a set but it was for repairs. They mentioned the lights came in a month ago... which made me think u can get them you just might need to get on the list.

NotFast 03-03-2021 10:15 AM

If the market has such a short supply, couldn't you "smoke your own"? (yeah that sounds dumb).

I'd think a local shop could take your existing tails and modify them.

Essmotorsports 03-03-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotFast (Post 10965420)
If the market has such a short supply, couldn't you "smoke your own"? (yeah that sounds dumb).

I'd think a local shop could take your existing tails and modify them.

I laughed at that! But yeah I could easily do that but I see that as a last resort as the finish surface probably wouldn't look as good. I mean I don't mind the red tail lights as my car is red so it matches more than other colors. But the smoked look is NICE!

SSallday 03-03-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Essmotorsports (Post 10965104)
Yeah I found one place in California that has a set but won't ship.....

was it Richard's Chevy?

Cyrus 03-03-2021 08:42 PM

I've been looking for the same thing for months in Canada. Nothing except from the dealership and they want $750 per light. I just can't justify that no way. Its one of the last exterior mods I had left to do I guess I should have bought a set last summer when GM Canada was selling them for $750 a set.

I think for now I'll just keep checking with the local wrecking lots, its a long shot but its just not worth $1500 IMO. I will however go ahead and swap the third brake light out for the smoked version its only $125.