CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   If you’re looking for a hood... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520581)

Eyefixstuff 02-10-2018 01:08 PM

If you’re looking for a hood...

5 Attachment(s)
Just got this one from CarID.com. Made by Amerihood. Fitment was really good. Slightly heavier than stock although I don’t mind that. Functional ram air and heat extractors. Quality seems great. Thought about wrapping it but having it painted body color instead. I paid $696.00 shipped and had it in less than two weeks. If you find the hood on another site like I did, they will price match. After waiting months for my other hood I ordered and ended up cancelling, I’m very pleased with this.

Would love to hear opinions on it. Thanks.

Eyefixstuff 02-10-2018 01:09 PM

Damn. Sorry about the sideway pictures.

Arugon 02-10-2018 01:33 PM

Wow that looks really nice! Im waiting on one I ordered back in October :(

Eyefixstuff 02-10-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arugon (Post 10072630)
Wow that looks really nice! Im waiting on one I ordered back in October :(

Thanks! I think you ordered from the same company I did and around the same time too. I got a refund because I didn’t think I was ever getting it :(

driven2exceSS 02-10-2018 02:38 PM

Car looks awesome!! Shocked that it is actually heavier than OEM. Make sure to update/share pics when painted :headbang: ...That doesn't look like "Boston" lol

Arugon 02-10-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff (Post 10072642)
Thanks! I think you ordered from the same company I did and around the same time too. I got a refund because I didn’t think I was ever getting it :(

Yea I'm thinking I'm not gonna get anything either.

Paid for a Spoiler 6 Months ago, still nothing....Paid for the hood over 3 months ago....nothing.

Mjollnir 02-10-2018 03:59 PM

Eyefixstuff for the love of god fix these pictures...Just kidding ;)

I really like this hood design, functional and the lines suit the car well.
Congrats on your purchase!

keon718nyc 02-10-2018 04:05 PM

Excellent looking hood and priced right. Definitely would look great when its painted or wrapped.

Eyefixstuff 02-10-2018 06:16 PM

Thanks guys. I’m really happy with it. Having it painted in the next week or so along with the spoiler. I’ll update when finished.

They make a couple different hoods. To be honest I wasn’t expecting the quality
To be quite as good as it was. Figured I would need to touch it up a bit being fiberglass. But it’s good to go for primer.

Dustya 02-11-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff (Post 10072901)
Thanks guys. I’m really happy with it. Having it painted in the next week or so along with the spoiler. I’ll update when finished.

They make a couple different hoods. To be honest I wasn’t expecting the quality
To be quite as good as it was. Figured I would need to touch it up a bit being fiberglass. But it’s good to go for primer.

Awesome glad the fitment was what you were expecting seems to be such a gamble nowadays.. Stock hood struts mount up and everything ok ?

Eyefixstuff 02-11-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustya (Post 10073466)
Awesome glad the fitment was what you were expecting seems to be such a gamble nowadays.. Stock hood struts mount up and everything ok ?

Yep! Also came with new hardware for where it bolts to the hinges. I didn’t spend much time trying to line it up perfectly, but I really didn’t need to. The piece on the front for the latch is also adjustable depth as well.

JamesNoBrakes 02-11-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff (Post 10072608)
Functional ram air

so how much more HP?

Eyefixstuff 02-11-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes (Post 10073479)
so how much more HP?

Probably a couple hundred.

But on a more serious note, I am going to dremel under there a little so the air goes to my procharger air filter since it’s not in the same location as the stock air box. And that’s where this one puts the air. Also going to open up the extractors slightly. I really do think when I’m done that it will help with IAT’s. Not significantly but I’m guessing a little.

Dustya 02-11-2018 12:45 PM

Are the heat extractors part of the mold or removable ?