CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Thinking of selling my 19' 1LE, help! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564068)

greg0ry 10-23-2019 10:22 AM

Thinking of selling my 19' 1LE, help!

Hi guys, I want to keep this question as simple and short as possible. I might be selling my 19' 1LE because I know maintenance is going to cost way more than the average car. Could you guys give me ideas on what I should expect maintenance and cost wise in the near, medium and far future? Car is at about 9K miles at the moment. How much more expensive is this car to maintain than your typical car or even just a normal SS? What should I be expecting if I keep it? Thank you.

*EDIT* Sadly, I do not plan to track really. Maybe once for fun, for now. I do like to hit canyons pretty often and I do daily the car!

GreatWhiteLT 10-23-2019 10:26 AM

I think the major part of maintenance for the 1LE, is if you constantly track the car or use it for AutoX and such. If it is just your weekend car, daily driver, then I would look into better tires than the stock ones. They're designed for the track, while you definitely can use them for everyday use, they will wear down quicker. Aside from that, just the usual oil change, diff fluid, and other things with usual sports cars comes into play. Once you start racing it, constantly needing new tires after a couple events, different oil for the track, better/different brakes for better handling/performance around corners. I would enjoy the car and factor in if you are going to be racing it, and look into price of tires and usually how long they last, as well as track alignments and different oil changes from the dealership to run the proper track oil.

MP3BOOSTED 10-23-2019 10:32 AM

This severely depends on how you drive the car itself. Also if you do your own work as far as oil changes, etc.

greg0ry 10-23-2019 10:38 AM

Thank you so much for your reply. Food for thought and comfort in the mind as well. I don't plan on tracking. I daily the car maybe 15-20 miles a day average and I like to hit canyons every now and then on a weekend.

greg0ry 10-23-2019 10:39 AM

I like to drift some corners and do little pulls here and there but nothing major! haha. No tracking, light canyon runs here and there maybe once a month. Thank you.

NeverDie 10-23-2019 10:41 AM

Just going to point out that what you'll lose in depreciation selling such a new car this early FAR outweighs your tires and oil changes.

greg0ry 10-23-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverDie (Post 10646105)
Just going to point out that what you'll lose in depreciation selling such a new car this early FAR outweighs your tires and oil changes.

Great point. Was thinking about that

Vtor_ZL1 10-23-2019 11:21 AM

Things to consider before you buy a car!

Mountain 10-23-2019 11:24 AM

I mean, if you aren't using the car in a performance setting, the cost of ownership, outside of fuel costs, won't be any different compared to a V6 Camaro, V6 Mustang or the like...

Laststandard 10-23-2019 12:12 PM

Compared to say, a base SS, extra cost will be from:

- Tires. Wider tires are more expensive. But if you're not doing track days you can swap to a more economical / longer lasting tire than the stock SC3

- Brakes. Big brake pads and rotors cost more.

- Mag ride struts and shocks. If / when they wear out they'll be more expensive to replace versus a standard unit.

Of course, you can also option an SS with big brakes and mag ride, and at that point the only added cost of a 1LE is the tires.

I'd say it's minimal in the scheme of things and if you're not tracking the car the lifespan of these things will be exponentially increased.

greg0ry 10-23-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laststandard (Post 10646180)

- Tires. Wider tires are more expensive. But if you're not doing track days you can swap to a more economical / longer lasting tire than the stock SC3

- Mag ride struts and shocks. If / when they wear out they'll be more expensive to replace versus a standard unit.

Of course, you can also option an SS with big brakes and mag ride, and at that point the only added cost of a 1LE is the tires.

I'd say it's minimal in the scheme of things and if you're not tracking the car the lifespan of these things will be exponentially increased.

That's some good info for me thank you so much <3

greg0ry 10-23-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain (Post 10646135)
I mean, if you aren't using the car in a performance setting, the cost of ownership, outside of fuel costs, won't be any different compared to a V6 Camaro, V6 Mustang or the like...

Lmao, that sounds sexy to me. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy it in the streets I don't let the car fully go to waste. I just don't track, for now til i'm in a better financial situation.

ST1LE 10-23-2019 12:33 PM

LOL, after owning an M3 I have a completely different view of ownership costs.

The Camaro is a very affordable V8 sports car to own and maintain. Costs above a 'normal' car would be incremental as Laststandard pointed out. More oil, more tire, more brakes. You would pay for these things on any car, just a slight uptick for performance versions of those things.

Well worth it for the joy of driving a V8 I think, and likely lower than you fear.

greg0ry 10-23-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laststandard (Post 10646180)

Oo, also.. any idea typically when i'd need to look into fixing up my brakes/mag ride as a normal driver who doesn't drive the car toooo hard and doesn't track? Around what mile range and how much would the costs be? If you'd know! Ty.