CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=294)
-   -   BDay33's 2023 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE A10 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610625)

BDay33 10-22-2022 01:09 PM

BDay33's 2023 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE A10

Figured I'd get an early start on this. Order placed on 10/17/2022 at local dealer here in Atlanta.

Currently living in an apartment, so car/paint care will be a little bit of a challenge, but it should be fun! My 1st venture into all of this...

Current planned upgrades:

1. 1LE Emblems behind the wheels (maybe on the dash above the glove compartment)
2. ZL1 Rockers
3. Rock Guards
4. Ceramic Coating/PPF
5. Window Tint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went ahead and purchased these 1LE emblems for the car this weekend. CREDIT to BLUPRINT_1LE YouTube. Saw these and loved the way they looked on his Rapid Blue.

https://i.ibb.co/FbsCNRW/finalproduc...um1-LE-2-1.jpg

Credit to my wife as well. She pushed me to go ahead and get my dream car. Guarantee no one's wife is as cool as mine :wave:

I'll provide more updates and status as I receive from the dealer on Thursday allocations. Anticipating 3-6 months for the entire process but prepared to wait longer if needed. Looking forward to sharing the journey with y'all!

BDay33 10-27-2022 10:17 AM

So, had a dealer in Kentucky give me a call this morning. They have a 2SS Rapid Blue 1LE in transit that no one has picked up. I may go ahead and jump on it if the deal is right.

iupui1299 10-27-2022 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDay33 (Post 11246476)
So, had a dealer in Kentucky give me a call this morning. They have a 2SS Rapid Blue 1LE in transit that no one has picked up. I may go ahead and jump on it if the deal is right.

Go for it! Should be easy to cancel the other.

BDay33 10-27-2022 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iupui1299 (Post 11246485)
Go for it! Should be easy to cancel the other.

Hopefully - they already have my truck that I traded in. I went ahead and traded it there to get the most out of my trade. Living in a big city, my wife and I only need one car anyways so it wasn't really a big deal to go ahead and trade.

They should just cut me a check for the truck when I cancel my order. They've been great to deal with so far, just hope they don't give me grief about cancelling.

iupui1299 10-27-2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDay33 (Post 11246488)
Hopefully - they already have my truck that I traded in. I went ahead and traded it there to get the most out of my trade. Living in a big city, my wife and I only need one car anyways so it wasn't really a big deal to go ahead and trade.

They should just cut me a check for the truck when I cancel my order. They've been great to deal with so far, just hope they don't give me grief about cancelling.

Yep, they should easily be able to cut you a check. They will probably try and talk you out of it but at the end of the day you'll have your Camaro now instead of 6 months down the road.

ZPirate 10-27-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iupui1299 (Post 11246491)
Yep, they should easily be able to cut you a check. They will probably try and talk you out of it but at the end of the day you'll have your Camaro now instead of 6 months down the road.

I agree. I cancelled my order when I found one in transit after 3 months with no allocation. But of course I didn't have a trade in to deal with. The dealer offered to give me my deposit back, but I told them I would use it to buy parts or pay for service so that's what they did. That way I still have a relationship with my local dealer.

BDay33 10-27-2022 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZPirate (Post 11246509)
I agree. I cancelled my order when I found one in transit after 3 months with no allocation. But of course I didn't have a trade in to deal with. The dealer offered to give me my deposit back, but I told them I would use it to buy parts or pay for service so that's what they did. That way I still have a relationship with my local dealer.

Called the dealer and they understood the situation and will give me a check for my truck.

Worked the deal with the dealer in KY and put a $100 deposit down. Inventory manager said it's currently in "Intermediate" stage meaning that it's on a truck.

Sounds like we're getting one soon boys and girls!

iupui1299 10-27-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDay33 (Post 11246560)
Called the dealer and they understood the situation and will give me a check for my truck.

Worked the deal with the dealer in KY and put a $100 deposit down. Inventory manager said it's currently in "Intermediate" stage meaning that it's on a truck.

Nice!!

ZPirate 10-27-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDay33 (Post 11246560)

Glad to hear that its working out for you. I found a car I was interested in that was closer to me than the one I ended up with, but I waited one day to long to put a deposit on it. Someone else jumped on it before I did. I learned my lesson and then went ahead and made a deposit on one several more hours away as soon as I found out is was available.

BDay33 10-29-2022 01:36 PM

It has been an absolute chore to actually get places to give you quotes on ceramic coating/PPF. So, I went out into the wild this morning to AP3 Atlanta in Alpharetta to get a quote on ceramic and full gloss PPF. They had the best reviews around by far.

$8,250 out the door for all of it. That's the only quote I've received. Is that pretty much on par? Trying to decided if I want to do the whole car or just the main vulnerable spots.

https://i.ibb.co/89z3fdV/image-50381569.jpg

Also ordered 1LE Black ZL1 Rockers and Rock Guards yesterday. Should be any day now to go pick up the car!

iupui1299 10-29-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDay33 (Post 11247377)
It has been an absolute chore to actually get places to give you quotes on ceramic coating/PPF. So, I went out into the wild this morning to AP3 Atlanta in Alpharetta to get a quote on ceramic and full gloss PPF. They had the best reviews around by far.

$8,250 out the door for all of it. That's the only quote I've received. Is that pretty much on par? Trying to decided if I want to do the whole car or just the main vulnerable spots.

Also ordered 1LE Black ZL1 Rockers and Rock Guards yesterday. Should be any day now to go pick up the car!

Full car ppf is pricey so I’d say that quote isn’t too far off. I think you can find cheaper if you get a few more quotes. I’d recommend going front and then just the more hot spot areas like in front of the rear wheels etc. save you some $.

BowTie-Guy 10-29-2022 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDay33 (Post 11247377)

Did you order your ZL1 rockers & rock guards from ACS Composites?

BDay33 10-29-2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowTie-Guy (Post 11247457)
Did you order your ZL1 rockers & rock guards from ACS Composites?

Yes I did.

BowTie-Guy 10-30-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDay33 (Post 11247503)
Yes I did.

Ok, just curious to see how fast your order gets shipped out. I ordered 1LE black ZL1 side skirts on Friday 10/21 & they still haven't shipped. Even though on their website it says that 99% of orders ship out in 24 hrs. :noidea: