Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Question for those with high flow catted mid pipes and factory manifolds (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109645)

MarylandSpeed 10-07-2010 02:50 PM

Question for those with high flow catted mid pipes and factory manifolds

Are you getting a check engine light with them? We are working on a really innovative product that has a lot of upside vs. whatever is on the market. However to keep the innovative features of the product means living with an occasional check engine light. We can engineer this out, but it will leave the product $150-$200 more than anything else on the market.

So my question is two fold really-

A)- If you have a high flow factory catted mid pipe now, are you getting a check engine light

B)- For people who don't have one, on a high flow catted mid pipe, would the chance of a check engine light be a complete show stopper if the product was innovative and had the ability to save you a bunch of money down the road.

I am talking about the factory replacement high flow mid pipes out there like JBA.

jtzako 10-07-2010 03:04 PM

Is this anything like the high flow cats that Solo (and at least one other company) are making right now? They connect from the manifold to the 'cat back' section of exhaust.

Mine are from Solo and do not throw a CEL due to the rear air flow sensor spacer on them.

rmnc3r 10-07-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtzako (Post 2415709)
Is this anything like the high flow cats that Solo (and at least one other company) are making right now? They connect from the manifold to the 'cat back' section of exhaust.

Mine are from Solo and do not throw a CEL due to the rear air flow sensor spacer on them.

Ditto

MarylandSpeed 10-07-2010 03:19 PM

We have looked at that. The issue we have is most people buy JBA's, which are like $400. We can eliminate the CEL if we charge $600 for the mids. However for $400..you have to deal with a CEL We also have a design box to work in to keep the main selling point of the product intact. I can't go into details on that just yet.

IndeedSS1 10-07-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtzako (Post 2415709)

Me too. Well I had them for 3k miles and just sold them to someone else. Never a CEL.

Fishdadddy 10-07-2010 08:01 PM

I have the Solo's with no CEL yet. 400 miles.

These things are great

3GPa 10-07-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishdadddy (Post 2416946)
I have the Solo's with no CEL yet. 400 miles.

These things are great

Same Here, Over 5000 miles. No Codes!

Hicompression 10-08-2010 07:54 AM

Never popped a CEL when I had the JBA catted mids on my car.

hairzee 10-08-2010 09:24 AM

I have the JBA and got a code after about 800 miles. I cleared it with a $20 OBD reader from e-bay. In retrospect I would have paid more for the Solo and so I would not have the hastle. After a year or two, and I dont care about the warranty, I will tune it out.

stvbldso 10-08-2010 12:03 PM

I am considering catted mids right now, and I have been doing the research on what might be my best choice. A CEL would be a deal breaker for me. If there is a product out there that WILL NOT set a code, I will spend the extra money to have it that way.
So far the results of this "research" indicate that JBA might be a bit "iffy" and that the Solo product is "good to go". I would like to hear more about the off road pipes from a company called "Clear Image".

Steven

2010 4 DW 10-08-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stvbldso (Post 2419569)
I am considering catted mids right now, and I have been doing the research on what might be my best choice. A CEL would be a deal breaker for me. If there is a product out there that WILL NOT set a code, I will spend the extra money to have it that way.
So far the results of this "research" indicate that JBA might be a bit "iffy" and that the Solo product is "good to go". I would like to hear more about the off road pipes from a company called "Clear Image".

Steven

FYI...I had the JBA mids on for 5000 miles and never had a CEL.

mikeSS 10-08-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 4 DW (Post 2419859)
FYI...I had the JBA mids on for 5000 miles and never had a CEL.

same, ... i really think its how you install it.. because the O2 sensor is kind of tricky

Inferno2SS 10-09-2010 02:20 AM

I had mine installed professionally and no CEL for 2000 miles but just got a CEL tonight.

Entaille 10-09-2010 02:56 AM

I would pay a premium to avoid having any CEL's