CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   windshield fogging up (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458990)

Rsblueblood 07-20-2016 08:39 AM

Have you notice not even a reply from customer service on these threads. They really care.....

classicrockr 07-20-2016 09:06 AM

Wonder if it could be claimed that this is causing a driving hazard and possibly use the lemon law to get rid of it until they fix the issue?

bballr4567 07-20-2016 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsblueblood (Post 9213431)
Have you notice not even a reply from customer service on these threads. They really care.....

All they ask for is for you to give them information and they "pretend" to get you help. The best service is to have a great relationship with your dealer. That's the easiest way to get help. If they were to monitor all the "issue" threads here and on every other forum they would need a small army to cover many of the baseless complaints.

Regardless, as I said in the other thread, the easiest way to stop this from happening is to take your AC off of LO. If you set it at LO the car tries to get the cabin so cold it will condensate on any window.

Mess with the temp and you'll get the fogging to go away a fair bit.

Rsblueblood 07-20-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballr4567 (Post 9213519)
All they ask for is for you to give them information and they "pretend" to get you help. The best service is to have a great relationship with your dealer. That's the easiest way to get help. If they were to monitor all the "issue" threads here and on every other forum they would need a small army to cover many of the baseless complaints.

Regardless, as I said in the other thread, the easiest way to stop this from happening is to take your AC off of LO. If you set it at LO the car tries to get the cabin so cold it will condensate on any window.

Mess with the temp and you'll get the fogging to go away a fair bit.

Sorry that's not the answer, even with it set on 75 still fogs up. As long as there is air coming out of the vent by the windshield and it's cold air the window will fog up. This isn't rocket science.

KenH. 07-20-2016 01:31 PM

I think a proper application of rainx will fix this for you. Even though for a week and a half my car has been in the shop I live in a really humid area and have not had any condensation since treatment.

Make sure your windshield is stripped of waxes and what not for best results. I like to use very soapy water and steel wool. Pulls literally everything off the windows. If you plan to use steel wool read up on how its done and the type to use (0000 i think is the finest you can get) so you don't go damaging your windshield. A less is more approach with a handful of steel wool is a good idea.

Wheel Team 6 07-20-2016 03:38 PM

Fogging windshield

Please see my latest post in the general thread.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=454169&page=6

I had my windshield cleaned, prepped, rain x fog x applied by my window tint shop and it hasn't helped.

bballr4567 07-20-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsblueblood (Post 9213895)
Sorry that's not the answer, even with it set on 75 still fogs up. As long as there is air coming out of the vent by the windshield and it's cold air the window will fog up. This isn't rocket science.

No, it's not rocket science but it does help if you adjust the temperature but it doesn't make it go away completely.

coastal_carolina 07-21-2016 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenH. (Post 9213965)
I think a proper application of rainx will fix this for you. Even though for a week and a half my car has been in the shop I live in a really humid area and have not had any condensation since treatment.

Make sure your windshield is stripped of waxes and what not for best results. I like to use very soapy water and steel wool. Pulls literally everything off the windows. If you plan to use steel wool read up on how its done and the type to use (0000 i think is the finest you can get) so you don't go damaging your windshield. A less is more approach with a handful of steel wool is a good idea.

RainX regular and RainX anti fog has not helped this issue for me. I realize that you are in a different state but not really a different climate. We must be getting more humidity in SC than NC is right now, or my windshield vent leaks worse than yours.

All of my windshield fogging is on the outside.

**Just a note, RainX says the anti fog is only for the INSIDE windshield, and the regular RainX is only for the OUTSIDE windshield. They recommend not deviating from this.

I regularly use their green (warm weather) and orange (de-icer) RainX windshield washing fluid. The green constantly applies RainX when using it. Very convenient. They also make a washer fluid additive.

Also, my family has used Bon Ami for years to clean and strip the outside windshield. I only used it a few times on my GTO. Safer alternative IMO than steel wool. I just recently found a discussion on others using it on windshields:
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...indshield.html

You can also Clay Bar your windshield to strip and clear. RainX has even got in on the craze and created a kit:
https://www.rainx.com/product/glass-.../#.V5Bw77zEyrU

Brusah 07-25-2016 10:34 PM

I stripped the inside and outside of my windshield using isopropyl alcohol and microfiber cloth, then cleaned with my favorite foaming class cleaner, then applied RainX and RainX anti-fog. Still fogs on outside even if it's 80 and have A/C set to 80 which completely defeats the purpose of A/C. I even tried turning heat and defrost on and that took forever to defog the window.

Stex 07-26-2016 08:31 AM

As said a towel will block the vents. May want to try the no slip drawer liner stuff. Lets some air thru but may block enough to limit the fogging. ???

Bradl1982 08-03-2016 11:21 AM

Has anybody brought this up to their service department and gotten any other answer other than "it's normal"? Dealing with this every morning is getting really annoying.

vet757 08-03-2016 11:23 AM

Mine does it sometimes then it goes away after a few minutes.

TMasticTB91 08-03-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradl1982 (Post 9238327)
Has anybody brought this up to their service department and gotten any other answer other than "it's normal"? Dealing with this every morning is getting really annoying.

Me, but I also had gone in to the dealership for a separate HVAC issue where I lost A/C for one day (lovely in Florida). My HVAC control module was found to be faulty, just waiting on them to install it so I can get my friggin' car back.

vet757 08-03-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 (Post 9238371)
Me, but I also had gone in to the dealership for a separate HVAC issue where I lost A/C for one day (lovely in Florida). My HVAC control module was found to be faulty, just waiting on them to install it so I can get my friggin' car back.

This happened to me the other day. My AC was not working for a few minutes. I pulled over restarted the car and no more issues since then. I wonder if my HVAC module is faulty too.