CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   New Camaro advertisement (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557356)

Smokin19 06-29-2019 06:58 AM

New Camaro advertisement

Well, the people at GM have made me mad. It seems I have seen the new advertisement for the Camaro looking Blazer more times than I care to admit. Why in the hell can't they put that same amount of effort into advertising the Camaro?

You watch the commercial and all the people in it are commenting about it's good looks and wanting one. But, yet not one damn commercial for our Camaro. And you wonder why GM, your Camaro sales are in the tank? Good luck on trying to sell a vehicle 100% made in Mexico, that is entirely overpriced to begin with.

So, this is what GM has done to our beloved Camaro, turned it into an SUV. This is their plan going forward and why we have seen articles telling of the demise of the Camaro. Sorry for the rant but, just had to get it off my chest.

dohvb1 06-29-2019 09:02 AM

You are going to get the same responses when advertising discussions pop up in other threads. People on here think because GM is a big corporation with lots of money they know what they are doing and they have done the research and concluded that advertising won't work. That GM is so smart they couldn't possibly make a mistake like that. Of course that theory doesn't explain how the 2019 refresh got through.

So you have a car that outperforms the competition yet is last in sales. To me it comes down to two issues. Advertising and poor visibility, both things many on here claim is a none issue. Advertising is more than commercials. There aren't many but there are Mustang commercials. Not to mention, the Bullit Mustang is advertising. All the teasers the last year for the GT500 have been one big advertising campaign. Most people aren't going to get a GT500 but it sure as hell grows interest in the brand.

Imagine if GM started doing that with the Z/28. Build anticipation, leak spy footage, get people excited and talking about the brand. To think advertising doesn't help sales is pretty foolish.

zts1986 06-29-2019 09:06 AM

They’re idiots. They’re idiots who drove themselves into bankruptcy and destroyed great brands like Oldsmobile and Pontiac. They learned absolutely nothing and the new leadership is all about trucks and SUVs.

Marty31 06-29-2019 09:14 AM

Who cares about an advertisement for a car you already have?

zts1986 06-29-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty31 (Post 10558287)

Because you want more people to join the fun? The more people who buy these things, the more GM will put into the program.

Smokin19 06-29-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty31 (Post 10558287)

I think there are many here on the formum that care about the Camaro and its future. Yes, I have mine but, I would like for my grandsons to know the thrill of owning a new Camaro.
I also think the muscle car era will die off in the future but, I prefer not to let the streets become dominant with Hellcats and Mustangs.

LT4Greg 06-29-2019 09:51 AM

You’re preaching to the choir on here Smokin! I totally agree with you but Chevy can’t survive on sales of Camaros and Corvettes alone. People are wanting and buying SUVs and trucks now so that is the focus on vehicle sales. The future seems to be electric and self driving vehicles and government run rail systems so I’m going to enjoy my ZL1 to the fullest extent while we still can!

Smokin19 06-29-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT4Greg (Post 10558323)
You’re preaching to the choir on here Smokin! I totally agree with you but Chevy can’t survive on sales of Camaros and Corvettes alone. People are wanting and buying SUVs and trucks now so that is the focus on vehicle sales. The future seems to be electric and self driving vehicles and government run rail systems so I’m going to enjoy my ZL1 to the fullest extent while we still can!

I agree Greg. But, if GM even remotely monitors this site they should know this. You can garner a lot more good will with future buyers by being faithful to those that got you this far. Meaning, my father bought GM and now I do. Should I teach my young grandsons not to buy GM products? Brand loyalty is probably a thing of the past but, generational buying habits can be passed down.

AZCamaroFan 06-29-2019 10:02 AM

somebody can make Camaro ads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yKJ1hYlhvk

LT4Greg 06-29-2019 10:14 AM

I agree with you Smokin! I’m a product of brand loyalty too because that’s all my folks ever bought when I was growing up. They did like Buicks and Cadillacs though and I always liked Chevrolets. The younger generations don’t seem to have brand loyalty to anything except cell phones and electronic devices and most don’t care what brand of car they drive or if they even drive! Enjoy the times that we are living in now and enjoy the heck out of your ZL1!

Gunkk 06-29-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan (Post 10558337)
somebody can make Camaro ads

Hell yeah that's great! :first:

LT4Greg 06-29-2019 10:27 AM

Yeah that video/commercial is awesome and with right hand drive Camaros! Hell yeah!!

Mark114 06-29-2019 10:45 AM

Impressive video. Equally impressive is their video of the re-engineering process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj1VrSHwWW8

Smokin19 06-29-2019 11:04 AM

One thing is for sure, these articles of late on the Camaros demise, has kicked a hornet's nest. Camaros are getting a lot of press now aren't they?