CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Seats. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426043)

Trans damm 10-11-2015 08:09 AM

Seats.

Is it obvious the Z model will offer Recaro seats out of the box? Both of Cadillacs V's offer them. I'm hoping for a full "suede" seats like some of out competitors ;)

SpeedIsLife 10-11-2015 09:28 AM

If the CTS or ATS V cars offer them..I'm sure they will be an option. Many people find Recaro's uncomfortable, myself included. Making them standard would be a terrible idea.

Jeffro19 10-11-2015 11:47 AM

Yeah I hope it is an option. Would like to see which one is more comfortable.

OldJedi 10-11-2015 03:02 PM

Remember that Chevy did not offer Recaros until the 2014 model four years after the 2010 was released and two years after the ZL1 was released. Cadillac CTS-V had them from the beginning. The 2015 Mustang had them available from the beginning but Chevy has not shown in the past that they wanted to follow suit.

fradaj 10-11-2015 08:28 PM

I think it is a good bet that they will be an option, if not standard.

Raven87 10-12-2015 09:55 AM

I definitely hope they are optional, but not standard.

I'm not a fan of them for a street car or one that sees light track duty. They have their place on the track for sure.

Ragnar 10-15-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 8679024)
Remember that Chevy did not offer Recaros until the 2014 model four years after the 2010 was released and two years after the ZL1 was released. Cadillac CTS-V had them from the beginning. The 2015 Mustang had them available from the beginning but Chevy has not shown in the past that they wanted to follow suit.

I think now with the competition, Chevy can't wait a few years. Look where they are starting with the SS on the 6th Gen as compared to the '10 model year with the FE3 suspension. IMO, they can't go backwards, all the new models will perform better.

I find the Recaros to be the best seats that I have ever had in a car. I ordered my car as a DD and would have to have them again. My wife even expressed how comfortable the seats are on trips. I wasn't expecting that. I had some back pain not to long ago, and when I turned on the heated seats, I ended up on I-12 to cruise around more, because it felt so good.

The Recaros aren't for everyone and should be an option. I do get a lot of compliments on the seats.

DenverTaco07 10-15-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragnar (Post 8685794)
I think now with the competition, Chevy can't wait a few years. Look where they are starting with the SS on the 6th Gen as compared to the '10 model year with the FE3 suspension. IMO, they can't go backwards, all the new models will perform better.

I find the Recaros to be the best seats that I have ever had in a car. I ordered my car as a DD and would have to have them again. My wife even expressed how comfortable the seats are on trips. I wasn't expecting that. I had some back pain not to long ago, and when I turned on the heated seats, I ended up on I-12 to cruise around more, because it felt so good.

The Recaros aren't for everyone and should be an option. I do get a lot of compliments on the seats.

We don't know why it took a few years, technical reasons, licensing agreements etc. I'm confident they will become an option for SS and above - or some other performance seat option.