CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Gen 6 vs C7 Stingray (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435050)

AlwaysAmerican 01-03-2016 02:52 AM

Gen 6 vs C7 Stingray

I'm curious, has anyone else gone from the C7 Stingray to the Gen 6 here?

With a series of unfortunate events I decided not to replace my Corvette and get a 2SS instead and the Corvette would be replaced by something else later this year.

So with this thought..
Do you regret it, anything you like more about one car vs the other?

E-Ray 01-03-2016 06:20 AM

I went from a C6 to Gen6. Loved the Grand Sport, but this car is just as fun.

laynlo15 01-03-2016 06:54 AM

There are a few planning that move, one has had a C7.

Jason29 01-03-2016 08:54 AM

I have owned 3 C7's. Two were Z51 coupes and one was a standard convertible. I have a 6th gen 2SS now. They are different cars, really. The 6th gen definitely narrows the gap a great deal in terms of performance and technology, as well as providing a more nimble ride than in gen 5 cars. The stingray still has the weight advantage, exotic look and feel, and definitely will turn more heads (if that's what your after). I almost bought another C7 instead of the 2SS, but knew the C7 would depreciate more right off the bat, as supply and demand has equalized on the non z06 cars now. You should be able to find a used C7 for the cost of a loaded 2SS 6th gen if you wanted.. just depends on what you prefer. Neither car is better than the other in my opinion, just provides different things to different people.

KaBoom1701 01-03-2016 12:20 PM

I bet some C7 folks have switch to the 6th Gen SS for ease of getting in and out of the car....

I C7 is not the easiest car to get in and out of....

tripowergto 01-03-2016 12:28 PM

I intend to compliment my 1LT C7 with a 1LT RS Camaro very soon. The RS will be our DD including through the severe Pocono winters(with dedicated snow tires) while the Vette hibernates for the season.

AlwaysAmerican 01-03-2016 05:26 PM

I know they are completely different animals.
I'm more focused on comfort and performance. It seemed like the C7 was at the height of both for the market.
I'll admit that getting in and out of it was a PITA, no matter what I did or told people someone was always leaving scuff marks on the door trim.

From the test drive it seemed like the 2SS was lacking in throttle response, or just took a minute to get up to speed. I suppose this could be fixed with a few different mods as they become available.

The exotic look and to turn heads, not so much anymore. I've been looking at a used Gallardo to replace Luna with. I think it's time to broaden my horizons as far as the more expensive cars go. I just can't get another Vette at the moment since it will never be "my car" (guess I got too attached!)

For those that have had the Corvette and went to the 2SS what are some of the major differences that you notice?
A few are obvious, but I'm just looking to get more input from owners right now before I take delivery of my 2SS.

mikeSS 01-04-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 (Post 8820572)
I bet some C7 folks have switch to the 6th Gen SS for ease of getting in and out of the car....

I C7 is not the easiest car to get in and out of....

old people problems. :thumb:

fusionchicken 01-05-2016 04:44 PM

What do you use the cars for? If you go to the canyons or drive the cars in the twisties a lot I would imagine the Stingray to be the more suitable tool. I don't believe the Stingray is significantly faster but driving dynamics wise should be superior due to lower center of gravity and lighter weight

If it's a daily driver with v8 grunt and soundtrack then 2SS is just as potent and probably just as fun on public roads / freeway