CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Florida (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=242)
-   -   What service department is willing to help me perform TSB for A8 shudder (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573981)

Haoie 04-23-2020 03:49 AM

What service department is willing to help me perform TSB for A8 shudder

I’ve called two service departments recommended to me down near Boca area asking if they can perform the TSB back in Jan. no call back, then I tried contacting my nearby Chevy service department which I took in telling them about the shudder issue I’ve been having before I knew about the TSB, when I inquired for a fix and gave TSB number I never got a response back. I’ve gone pretty long I’m pretty positive the torque converter is already fried and need it fixed asap. How should I approach them about the TSB because it seems like nobody wants to do warranty work.

I’m in the west palm area but at this point I’m debating about a drive all around Florida

Indy_62 04-23-2020 12:59 PM

It would be better to just make an appointment to address the condition and let them decide the repair. Most dealers are very aware of the shudder issue with the A8 transmission and what to do to fix it. They most likely will want to at least drive the vehicle to verify if your version of shudder matches the conditions of the TSB. Your 2017 should still be under the powertrain warranty but make sure.

01pewterz28 04-24-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haoie (Post 10773303)
I’ve called two service departments recommended to me down near Boca area asking if they can perform the TSB back in Jan. no call back, then I tried contacting my nearby Chevy service department which I took in telling them about the shudder issue I’ve been having before I knew about the TSB, when I inquired for a fix and gave TSB number I never got a response back. I’ve gone pretty long I’m pretty positive the torque converter is already fried and need it fixed asap. How should I approach them about the TSB because it seems like nobody wants to do warranty work.

I’m in the west palm area but at this point I’m debating about a drive all around Florida

Starling Chevrolet in Orlando FL did mine zero issues they were aware of the issue. Had mine done in Jan zero issues since.

Bohanan23 04-24-2020 09:52 AM

Just schedule appointment and take it in. They will know all about the shudder issue

Zapote21 04-30-2020 02:48 PM

I had mine done at Ferman on north dale mabry in Tampa. No questions asked

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Haoie 05-07-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy_62 (Post 10773642)
It would be better to just make an appointment to address the condition and let them decide the repair. Most dealers are very aware of the shudder issue with the A8 transmission and what to do to fix it. They most likely will want to at least drive the vehicle to verify if your version of shudder matches the conditions of the TSB. Your 2017 should still be under the powertrain warranty but make sure.

I have a year left when I login the Chevy website. I thought this TSB was suppose to be free?

Indy_62 05-08-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haoie (Post 10785093)
I have a year left when I login the Chevy website. I thought this TSB was suppose to be free?

Technical Service Bulletins are not free unless the issue is covered by warranty. If your 3 year / 36 month bumper to bumper is expired this would still be covered under the Powertrain warranty.