Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   2016 Challenger R/T STP Tr6060 VS 2010 Camaro 1SS Tr6060: Long term Review (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482178)

Mikamaro 01-28-2017 01:53 PM

2016 Challenger R/T STP Tr6060 VS 2010 Camaro 1SS Tr6060: Long term Review

Hey guys,
Perhaps I can be usefull writing a long term comparison of my Ex-Camaro SS and my new Challenger R/T Super track pak, both manual cars.
Any interest for this?

i2disturbedSS 01-28-2017 03:56 PM

Yes. Especially if you are tracking the R/T. Haven't heard of the super track pack.

Mikamaro 01-28-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS (Post 9529797)
Yes. Especially if you are tracking the R/T. Haven't heard of the super track pack.

I guess one person is enough to start this review, thank you. And yes I do plan to do the same with it that I did with my Camaro, Road Track days, lapping nights, Drag strips, car shows and a daily driver. Actually I plan to do one more thing, driving it winter time and year long. That's right winter wheels and studded tires.

First thing about Dodge STP, They spell it wrong. It's Super Track Pak. :lol:

I guess they wanted to separate it from the Scat Pack appellation.

SrtWtF 01-28-2017 09:23 PM

What made you switch

Royal Tiger 01-28-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrtWtF (Post 9530146)
What made you switch

His Camaro was stolen from what I recall.

I can't wait to get a ride in my buddy's new to him 2013 Hemi Challenger R/T. His 2009 was a V-6 and had a bunch of problems. I'm anxious to see how my car stacks up.

i2disturbedSS 01-28-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikamaro (Post 9529972)
I guess one person is enough to start this review, thank you. And yes I do plan to do the same with it that I did with my Camaro, Road Track days, lapping nights, Drag strips, car shows and a daily driver. Actually I plan to do one more thing, driving it winter time and year long. That's right winter wheels and studded tires.

First thing about Dodge STP, They spell it wrong. It's Super Track Pak. :lol:

I guess they wanted to separate it from the Scat Pack appellation.

Lol - leave it to Dodge to make it interesting.

When is your track day?

Mikamaro 01-29-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrtWtF (Post 9530146)
What made you switch

I would still be driving me beloved SS if they didn't stole it.
My dealer gave me the keys of a new 2016 Camaro SS with Magride for a day to test drive. It has so much to offer performance & technology wise but now with 3 kids, the Gen6 Camaro was not possible due to it's smaller cabin size & hefty price increase since Gen5. I'm 6'4'' and my wife 6' so we love and need big cars. We had the Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Magnum.

I've came so close to get a used 2013 ZL1 but got robbed again on the day I was suppose to go and get it, someone else made the seller a higher offer.

In the end, I wanted to cut down on car expenses, having to pay for my wife Ford flex plus maintaining my winter car (Magnum) and a new summer sport car was just too much money and would of cause financial stress.

We needed a compromise solution and the challenger fit the bill; Large size seating 5, 4 seasons, low purchase cost & financing and still have a great look with above average performance with track capabilities.
Hopefully I will get to love it.

Mikamaro 01-29-2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger (Post 9530177)
His Camaro was stolen from what I recall.

I can't wait to get a ride in my buddy's new to him 2013 Hemi Challenger R/T. His 2009 was a V-6 and had a bunch of problems. I'm anxious to see how my car stacks up.

My first impression about the R/T STP is it ride very similar to what my 2010 Camaro SS with my 1LE track pack did on the street. The weight is about the same and handling too (keep in mind I only street driven it 500miles) I sit bout an 1'' higher and power wise my butt dyno tells me it's down by 40hp but the 3.92 gearing (3.45 SS) makes up for it. It doesn't pull has hard in 3rd & 4th gear and the rpm cut off is 5700rpm, so shifts comes a lot quicker. 0-60mph needs 3 gears.

Like with our Competition mode the R/T has sport mode and it improves the performance of it, more throtle response and once you deactivate the Traction control COMPLETELY it's hard to pull out of first gear without roasting the rear wheels.

Mikamaro 01-29-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS (Post 9530226)
Lol - leave it to Dodge to make it interesting.

When is your track day?

This is my Road track schedule:
Friday May 12th; Mont-Tremblant 8AM to 5PM
Friday June 9th; Calabogie 8AM to 5PM
Friday June 30th; Mont-Tremblant 8AM to 5PM
Friday Sept. 1st; Mont-Tremblant 8AM to 5PM

ICAR Lapping nights are each Wednesday from 5pm to 10pm, I usually go once per month.

1/4 mile Drag nights are on Fridays
1/8 mile Drag Nights are on Thursdays

Major Drag events on 3 weekends .
I drag twice a year usually.

redcoats1976 01-29-2017 01:50 PM

a friend just bought a 6 cylinder challenger.only bad thing he said about it is black paint is a career.

Royal Tiger 01-29-2017 03:38 PM

Tell him to watch the steering rack and brake calipers as my buddy had constant problems with those on his.

Mikamaro 01-29-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger (Post 9530973)
Tell him to watch the steering rack and brake calipers as my buddy had constant problems with those on his.

Changes in model year 2015 and up; the steering-column-mounted electric power steering (EPS) system improves handling and performance, by modulating power assistance according to driving conditions; it is up to 3% more efficient than hydraulic systems, and reduces maintenance and repairs. The system is integrated with the stability control to help compensate in split-traction, torque steer and pull-drift (crowned road) situations.

SS PANTHER 01-30-2017 01:44 AM

Congrats on the Challenger. Great looking roomy car. Still a bummer about your SS and all the interest and enjoyment you had with it prior to it being stolen. I'm not sure I would go down the same road after all the time, money and enjoyment I have invested in my SS either.

Mikamaro 01-30-2017 06:58 PM

Thanks Panther SS.