CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   IKON motorsports 1LE blade style spoiler. Holes still show. :( (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568947)

Abubaca 01-25-2020 08:29 PM

IKON motorsports 1LE blade style spoiler. Holes still show. :(

1 Attachment(s)
Sooo let me be very upfront. I know many of you here have this spoiler and it DOES cover the holes on our stock SS trunklid. Mine does not. Not really a lot of ways this can go on, and there just isn't any more spoiler! -Maybe I'll get out my 2x4 stretcher and see if it'll stretch any!!!:smiling1: Seriously though, the quality seems pretty good overall, and IKON makes no statements about it fitting the SS and covering holes. At $97 unpainted in bare ABS, I took a gamble.

The bare ABS is pretty nice with only minimal molding marks, and no scratches or blemishes. It's seems pretty sturdy, and would no doubt make a nice spoiler once painted. -if it covered the holes. You could say the gap in between the pieces is a little large too, but for $97 on an aftermarket part, it's ok. In the pic, is IS centered, and in the best "final" position that could get it. It's held on the pic by just a few tiny pieces of double stick tape.

Final takeaway. IKON motorsports sold me good piece, at a great price, and I took a chance on it fitting where they make NO mention of it fitting. Didn't work out, but I would look to IKON again if another product interested me.

RLNTLSS 01-26-2020 04:30 PM

What about taken it off and run a quarter inch of black vinyl under it..to hide the hole?

Abubaca 01-26-2020 08:58 PM

Quote:

What about taken it off and run a quarter inch of black vinyl under it..to hide the hole?

...I've actually thought about that. I've been trying to figure out what's the LEAST amount of vinyl I can use, yet still make it look somewhat natural. I work in signs and graphics for a living so I do have the vinyl at my disposal.

Dark Phoenix 02-01-2020 09:01 AM

General consensus is that they do fit and cover all holes. I thought the one it barely covers is the most forward center hole.

gpskinzhut 02-02-2020 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Had the same issue if you put the tape along the rear edge where it curves down the trunk (blue arrow). I had to put it just on the red areas along the front & rear (red arrows). After that i put a couple of self-tapping screws up into it to hold it on since the tape failed on me 2x regardless. Been fine since doing this.

Abubaca 02-06-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

General consensus is that they do fit and cover all holes. I thought the one it barely covers is the most forward center hole.

I agree, that is the general consensus. But clearly mine does not.

Quote:

Had the same issue if you put the tape along the rear edge where it curves down the trunk (blue arrow). I had to put it just on the red areas along the front & rear (red arrows). After that i put a couple of self-tapping screws up into it to hold it on since the tape failed on me 2x regardless. Been fine since doing this.

I can see what you mean. If I adjusted slightly up on the rear curve, it would cover the hole, but it most definitely wasn't quite as flush when i did that, although I doubt anyone know. I can also see how it failed on you, and how the screws helped. I just don't wanna go that way. It really is made well, and fits the contour perfectly. That's how I'd prefer it be mounted, -and this leaves the hole exposed obviously.

At most I'm out $100. Pretty sure I can sell it for a good chunk of that. -and I don't hate the SS spoiler, soooo maybe the RPI...maybe the regular stock ZL1....I dunno....we'll see.

custommx3 02-19-2020 10:17 AM

Did you happen to put tape over the rear lip portion causing it sit back slightly? Mine is covered.

Abubaca 02-22-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Did you happen to put tape over the rear lip portion causing it sit back slightly? Mine is covered.

I did not. ....Honestly, I think for a price of less than $100 out of china....I mean....I think there's your answer. Most work. A few don't.

Davescamaro 03-02-2020 08:11 AM

I ended up with an ikon 1LE lip spoiler. Fitment is not 100%, but you get what you pay for. Not noticeable unless you get right up on it and look. Distant wise you cannot tell the difference from oem. I had to use double side tape and urethane adhesive for the center parts. It does shift a bit if you force by hand, but has not flown off at posted speed limits on the freeway.