CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Worst rims yet (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526597)

Johnwon 04-19-2018 05:20 PM

Worst rims yet

1 Attachment(s)
I saw a Gen 6 parked half across multiple spots at the grocery store so that no one could park next to him tonight. From a distance, the car looked sharp, but as I got closer you could see the details were sloppy. The worst was the rims... they had this add-on red ring on the rims which didn't even fit correctly. If I would have tried these on my car, I would have immediately taken them back off when I saw the final results.... Why would anyone do this to their car? :iono:

SnakeEyeSS 04-19-2018 05:25 PM

L
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnwon (Post 10155142)
I saw a Gen 6 parked half across multiple spots at the grocery store so that no one could park next to him tonight. From a distance, the car looked sharp, but as I got closer you could see the details were sloppy. The worst was the rims... they had this add-on red ring on the rims which didn't even fit correctly. If I would have tried these on my car, I would have immediately taken them back off when I saw the final results.... Why would anyone do this to their car? :iono:

Why do people park like that? WHY? Just parked well, WAAAY out, or buy some DoorShox. There are days I can't walk well due to medical problems, I still wouldn't take up two spots.

https://youtu.be/SHuO28yBel8

cellsafemode 04-19-2018 05:29 PM

he's parked next to a non-parking area, so he's shifted onto it ...probably nearby a curb or area where there's not enough room for another spot.

I'd do that any chance i'd get to give more room for the car next to me on the other side which has an actual parking spot. You're not inconveniencing anyone and giving yourself a buffer.

At least that's what it looks like from the pic.

The rim bumper is legit silly looking.

GA Camaro 2SS 04-19-2018 05:31 PM

I park out in the middle of nowhere. Try to stay away from everyone. The only place I double park is at work. I own the place. But everywhere else I just park as far out as possible and hope for the best.

blewbyyou 04-19-2018 05:48 PM

If I was going to put those silly looking rim guards on I would of at least got black ones.

cellsafemode 04-19-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS (Post 10155158)
I park out in the middle of nowhere. Try to stay away from everyone. The only place I double park is at work. I own the place. But everywhere else I just park as far out as possible and hope for the best.

it doesn't look like he's double parked. A place with the lines going through it like that is not a parking space.

It's usually excess space or being blocked for some other reason (pedestrian walkway or cart area or loading area for handi-cap etc.

Lerch98 04-19-2018 06:31 PM

Those red rim guards would go along with red brake calipers.
Lame.

SnakeEyeSS 04-19-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 10155152)
he's parked next to a non-parking area, so he's shifted onto it ...probably nearby a curb or area where there's not enough room for another spot.

I'd do that any chance i'd get to give more room for the car next to me on the other side which has an actual parking spot. You're not inconveniencing anyone and giving yourself a buffer.

Oh, yeah, that's fine, I read it as saying he took up multiple spots.
I saw an optima taking up 4 spaces, parked where the lines for 4 spaces meet. Like taking up half of each HH he could still technically be taking up two, front to back.

http://www.retailhellunderground.com...82f2e17970c-pi

kropscamaro16 04-19-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lerch98 (Post 10155250)
Those red rim guards would go along with red brake calipers.
Lame.

you mean red brake caliper covers? lol

51FIFFT 04-19-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 10155152)

Yep look at the lines.. He's not taking up multiple spots, I do the same thing when available. Calm down guys calm down.

Soleil 04-20-2018 06:22 AM

I always park on two as I got so many door dends :mad2: and the people just drove away :mad0233: people just don't care about others.

Johnwon 04-20-2018 01:33 PM

He was parked next to the handicap spot and they lined it off for the van to open and put the ramp down in that area.

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

RenegadeXR 04-20-2018 01:46 PM

I actually bought some of these plastic rim protectors for my 5th gen "ZL1 style" rims after curbing my wheels for the 2nd time. While getting them repaired at Rimguard, an extremely top notch and reputable company, one of the workers said those have never saved a rim in his experience. His logic was that if you catch something hard enough to deform the sidewall and let the rim get scuffed, there's no way in hell some dinky piece of plastic held by adhesive will hold on. I could not argue against that logic.

P.S. If anybody wants a free pair of unused rim protectors, let me know. You would just need to pre-pay for the shipping label. :D