CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Magnaflow Exhaust (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601662)

JP22SS-1LE 01-22-2022 10:04 AM

Magnaflow Exhaust

Hello all,

I should have read up on this first I know. I installed a Magnaflow cat back on my 2022 SS. Sounds great outside but like complete crap inside, the drone is terrible. Needless to say it’s coming off. I going to go with Corsa. My question is does anyone know if the Corsa Axle Back NPP kit line up and fit to the Magnaflow xpipe? Pipe sizes are the same and they look awfully close by reading the install measurements on both. Please let me know if anyone here has tried this. Thanks!

Warrior102 01-22-2022 05:09 PM

Another Magnadrone happy customer, I put one on my Tundra, sounds great idling but will destroy your eardrums on the highway. I ended up welding up a J-pipe to at least make it tolerable, if I didn't pay so much for it it would be in the metal pile at the dump. I ended up with an AWE Touring on my 1LE and it is good to go, no valves but I don't really mind.
No idea on your question OP, order it anyway worst case you are ordering the Corsa version anyway.

Joshinator99 01-22-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior102 (Post 11124107)
Another Magnadrone happy customer, I put one on my Tundra, sounds great idling but will destroy your eardrums on the highway. I ended up welding up a J-pipe to at least make it tolerable, if I didn't pay so much for it it would be in the metal pile at the dump. I ended up with an AWE Touring on my 1LE and it is good to go, no valves but I don't really mind.
No idea on your question OP, order it anyway worst case you are ordering the Corsa version anyway.

LOL, same exact situation here. Had the Magnaflow Competition axle back for a very short amount of time but the drone was awful. I launched it in favor of the AWE Touring resonated catback and the improvement was massive. The AWE is the best sounding catback I’ve ever had in 25 years of hot rodding.

FarmerFran 01-22-2022 06:57 PM

Wow, just crazy the difference in what people are experiencing, I had one on my GTO and now Challenger and it is awesome inside and out. Actually the xMOD is quieter inside my current ride than stock.

Very disappointing of Magnaflow to not do homework on the LT1

Zaqwert6 01-22-2022 07:09 PM

Same experience with the MagnaFlow. Had the Flowmaster too, was probably worse. Spent the money for the Borla best money spent by far.

Told you that to tell you this, they all bolt up to the same cut pipes.

JP22SS-1LE 01-22-2022 11:24 PM

Thank you! It really is too bad, sounds great just ruins the driving experience. Feel like I’m back in my ‘89 Mustang with Delta 40’s. Looking forward to the Corsa, I can’t find a bad review and love the sound clips.

TruFan1LE 01-23-2022 09:04 AM

I have a Magnaflo cat back on my 07 Titan and I never noticed any drone. This maybe in part to having 2 10 in. subs pushing 3k + watts. I originally was going to go with Magnaflo on my 1LE but I saw a video on youtube and the guy is saying the same thing everyone here is saying. Based on what I've been reading the top 2 are AWE and Corsa. I'm going with AWE but not sure about the Track or Touring. All I want is to increase the volume over stock. I have the exhaust set in track mode but it still sounds muffled. What do you all think.

Joshinator99 01-23-2022 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruFan1LE (Post 11124272)
I have a Magnaflo cat back on my 07 Titan and I never noticed any drone. This maybe in part to having 2 10 in. subs pushing 3k + watts. I originally was going to go with Magnaflo on my 1LE but I saw a video on youtube and the guy is saying the same thing everyone here is saying. Based on what I've been reading the top 2 are AWE and Corsa. I'm going with AWE but not sure about the Track or Touring. All I want is to increase the volume over stock. I have the exhaust set in track mode but it still sounds muffled. What do you all think.

The AWE Touring is not quiet by any stretch, the noise cancelling mufflers just get rid of drone though. The Track version would likely drone IMO.

zxspeedspec 01-23-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior102 (Post 11124107)

This! I had the Magnaflow competition pipes on a LT1 Grand Sport and the drone was ridiculous. I kept ear plugs in the car for long highway trips. But Magnaflow was the only one at the time that offered an exhaust with real carbon fiber tips so...

My current car has AWE with resonators and it's so much more satisfying. It's not obnoxious as shit just cruising and at WOT I'd say it's almost as loud as the Magnaflow even with the mufflers.

arpad_m 01-23-2022 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruFan1LE (Post 11124272)

I'd choose and am actually planning to eventually switch to Corsa, because they support dual mode, and from their (99.99% positive) reviews, there is an even larger separation between "quiet" and "loud" modes than stock, which is exactly what I want. No point in being a dick with a 105dB idle.

In contrast, AWE deletes the valves and has only one rpm-based sound profile, although that is absolutely loved by almost all owners here and on youtube.

Just my 2 cents' worth, since I still have the factory NPP, thus my impressions of Corsa and AWE are superficial.

JP22SS-1LE 01-23-2022 04:13 PM

I should have the Corsa NPP set up by the 31st at the latest. I’m looking forward to it. I’ll post my opinion afterwards. Then sell the Magnaflow axle back at a smoking deal. Like I said, it’s too bad. Magnaflow looks and sounds awesome on the outside. I want the NPP to work so that’s my reason for Corsa over AWE. They both have excellent reviews.

FlukeSS 01-25-2022 12:57 PM

I went with the cheaper side of things:

Speed engineering 2" LT + X-Pipe into stock axle-back. Loud on cold start, Loud when you get on it. Nearly 0 Drone.

I was going to do MBRP Dual Tip Axle back for mine. Mainly to cut weight off the axle back, and I like the sound of MBRP with resonator.

JP22SS-1LE 01-26-2022 07:13 PM

Absolutely the best change I could have made! The Corsa exhaust is incredible, sounds and looks amazing. There is an actual big exhaust note change with different modes. Had to shorten the Magnaflow xpipe about an inch on each side but after that a perfect fit. Super happy and ZERO drone in Sport or Touring. Anyone looking for a Magnaflow axle back exhaust?

Chrome383Z 01-26-2022 07:49 PM

Awesome. Where did you get your Corsa from? That was pretty quick!