CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   road racing car with aftermarket blower... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569202)

biker2k 01-29-2020 10:02 PM

road racing car with aftermarket blower...

how many guys here road race their cars with an aftermarket blower...

how is heat, controllability (not a word but you know what I mean) and reliability...

I worry that my stability control wont be able to keep up with the added power and that heat will be an issue.. I am running an e force 2300 with intercooler and tuned by janetty (see sig)

DorkMissile 01-29-2020 11:46 PM

Well at Brainderd Int Raceway during PowerCruise last year I could run my car as many laps as I wanted for as long as I wanted with 9ish lbs of boost (Novi 1500 Centrifugal with Air / Air intercooler) however I run E85 and a spray some meth on the very top end.

If not used for additional fueling, but to help with temp control (IAT temps) doing meth & water might be an option for you. Again, not heaps of it to make up for a lack of fuel supply, but like one 10 or 20lb nozzle.

IE - with my setup it can pull IATs down substantially in a short amount of time

biker2k 01-31-2020 10:41 PM

so nobody else?

H@di 02-01-2020 04:04 AM

Actually u can control ur torque delivery via hptuners along with tcs. U can ask ted to do his magic with ur vehicle.

How much torque ur car is making ?

laynlo15 02-01-2020 06:59 AM

I don't know how many we sold but there are a bunch of Zl1's that have swapped out their Lt4s for either the 2300 or 2650. Many did it for power but the intake temps were probably a big factor.

biker2k 02-01-2020 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
torque was 580

I am concerned mostly about driveability and reliability.
I went to ted because I trusted that he was among the best tuners. he said he tuned my car conservatively and that my motor should be safe, I just wonder how many people road race on a setup like this , as I am sure 1/4 mile passes would never give me an issue but a day of road racing could be a whole different game … and of those people who do this with a similar setup is it TOO MUCH at the track... ( I am going to pick up one of those p3 vent gauges so I can keep an eye on some of these things while driving)

L78toLT1 02-01-2020 08:24 AM

I have several all day track sessions on my car, including some when the ambient temperature was in the 90`s - think 2019 CamaroFest. No issues at all with temperature. I usually run e60 but have also ran quite a bit on 93 due to a lack of e85 availability at some tracks. I'm running Goodyear supercar3's in ZL1/1LE size and the car is plenty controllable, it's a blast on the track, I can't wait for warmer weather so I can get back out there!

JANNETTYRACING 02-01-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker2k (Post 10713769)
torque was 580

I am concerned mostly about driveability and reliability.
I went to ted because I trusted that he was among the best tuners. he said he tuned my car conservatively and that my motor should be safe, I just wonder how many people road race on a setup like this , as I am sure 1/4 mile passes would never give me an issue but a day of road racing could be a whole different game … and of those people who do this with a similar setup is it TOO MUCH at the track... ( I am going to pick up one of those p3 vent gauges so I can keep an eye on some of these things while driving)

Let me say this, Racing comes with risk and nothing is indestructible.

The saying goes, Race it, Break it, Fix it, repeat.

If you want to never break your car leave it in the garage you get a lifetime warranty LOL.

However we take every precaution when building and tuning these cars for long life in road race conditions.

Cheap insurance is 5 gallons of 100 octane unleaded race gas, or a can of Torco with every tank full when racing on the road coarse.

Because you have no way to test the fuel you buy at the pump for octane and age.

Thank you for your business, and please don't ever hesitate to call me with any concerns, I am always happy to take calls.

Ted.

L78toLT1 02-01-2020 09:44 AM

Hey Ted, would i be safer on torco or 5 gals of race fuel vs. E60 for track days?

biker2k 02-01-2020 09:46 AM

hey ted...
I was waiting for it to get a little warmer and a little more seat time in before I called you... ( I do have a slew of questions)

let me quickly take the time to say what a great operation ted has up there in Connecticut, and I am very glad you steered me in the directions you did even if it cost me a little extra.. fuel system and all....

what do you think of the boostane as a small measure of insurance one bottle raises tank 2 to 3 points....

I also invested in the "ram air" piece to help bring down iats's(as you know I don't want to go e85)..

and of course I know racing the car you take a risk, I just wanted to see other people with similar setups and their experience with road racing like that..

JANNETTYRACING 02-01-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L78toLT1 (Post 10713837)
Hey Ted, would i be safer on torco or 5 gals of race fuel vs. E60 for track days?

Torco or race fuel would be your insurance on pump gas.

E-60 is king.

JANNETTYRACING 02-01-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker2k (Post 10713838)
hey ted...
I was waiting for it to get a little warmer and a little more seat time in before I called you... ( I do have a slew of questions)

let me quickly take the time to say what a great operation ted has up there in Connecticut, and I am very glad you steered me in the directions you did even if it cost me a little extra.. fuel system and all....

what do you think of the boostane as a small measure of insurance one bottle raises tank 2 to 3 points....

I also invested in the "ram air" piece to help bring down iats's(as you know I don't want to go e85)..

and of course I know racing the car you take a risk, I just wanted to see other people with similar setups and their experience with road racing like that..

Thank you I am always willing to help.

Ted.

L78toLT1 02-01-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 10713865)
Torco or race fuel would be your insurance on pump gas.

E-60 is king.

I'm loving my E60 Ted, but will keep a few cans of Torco on hand for when i run low on fuel and can't find e85.

JANNETTYRACING 02-03-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L78toLT1 (Post 10714063)
I'm loving my E60 Ted, but will keep a few cans of Torco on hand for when i run low on fuel and can't find e85.

Great practice. :thumbup: