CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Factory pick up/ tour for Camaro I bet is coming. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409838)

cyberbro 05-24-2015 07:58 PM

Factory pick up/ tour for Camaro I bet is coming.

Now that the Camaro will be built right here in the US again, I'm foreseeing a factory tour/ pick up option coming.

laborsmith 05-24-2015 08:48 PM

Is that how Tesla does their sales because I can not think of any other US manufacturer that might work that way. Factory tours are enjoyable and GM ever does one again for the Lansing Assembly Plant I will make my best effort to attend.

Laborsmith

huggercamaro21 05-24-2015 08:58 PM

I would definitely do this!!!!!!!

CamaroSpike23 05-24-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberbro (Post 8445588)
Now that the Camaro will be built right here in the US again, I'm foreseeing a factory tour/ pick up option coming.

*lurk*

DGthe3 06-02-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberbro (Post 8445588)

That has very little to do with it. The Corvette plant was designed to be tour-friendly. The Corvette Museum has a special agreement with GM when it comes to letting people pick up their cars there. There is nothing like that at Lansing.

Clearly_Canadian 06-02-2015 08:43 PM

I would be all over this!! it would be a dream come true. I just watched how its made dream cars with the corvette and made me really, really want one. But with 2 kids and a wife it is just not practical. Camaro is the only way I can come close to livin my dream.

motorhead 06-02-2015 09:15 PM

My car dealer buddy just got to deliver a Z06 to a customer of his at the museum. The customer pays extra for that. It was cool. We got to watch it from a live feed at the dealership.

garfin 06-02-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 8462522)
That has very little to do with it. The Corvette plant was designed to be tour-friendly. The Corvette Museum has a special agreement with GM when it comes to letting people pick up their cars there. There is nothing like that at Lansing.

Very true...
I was blessed with the opportunity to watch my CTS-V go through final assembly at LGR in 2010 and I can verify, without a doubt, that if things haven't changed, there is no way in the world at this point that plant has the capability to accommodate customer delivery.

Best regards,

Elie

Banshee 06-02-2015 10:45 PM

Simply stated....won't happen.

Kahdir 06-03-2015 12:49 AM

Highly doubt it, but would be one of the first to sign up for it if it would.

Camaro at ~100k units annually is too common/mass produced to make provisions for tours.

FenwickHockey65 06-03-2015 12:59 AM

Don't count on it.

ardailsmith 06-03-2015 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfin (Post 8462656)
Very true...
I was blessed with the opportunity to watch my CTS-V go through final assembly at LGR in 2010 and I can verify, without a doubt, that if things haven't changed, there is no way in the world at this point that plant has the capability to accommodate customer delivery.

Best regards,

Elie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 8462750)
Simply stated....won't happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahdir (Post 8462876)
Highly doubt it, but would be one of the first to sign up for it if it would.

Camaro at ~100k units annually is too common/mass produced to make provisions for tours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 8462886)
Don't count on it.

I am pretty sure every one gits it, it's not likely to happen in our life time.

But must you just suck the life out of a nice little daydream like some kind of Vampire.

Number 3 06-03-2015 06:03 AM

So OP, you have used so much certainty in your post. I think it is more hope than anything.

I've watched 2 of my vehicles be built and walked the line with them. My 1984 S-Truck and my 1987 Grand National. I was an employee though so I had access. It is a special treat to watch YOUR car be made.

Years and years ago, GM had a "factory" pickup. Many would come from the West Coast to Flint to drive their new Buick home. But that was also more of a local dealer situation as back then GM charged you actual shipping costs and it was high.

So can you go to Lansing and buy your Camaro and drive it by LGR? Yes.

Will a separate entity build a non associated to GM Camaro museum like Bowling Green and offer this service? Maybe.

So you are asking for two things.

A factory tour. This is not impossible. They used to do it. But it isn't likely. An assembly plant is a dangerous place for untrained people to be walking around. And they aren't going to do this in LGR any more than they did in Oshawa. There is nothing any more special unless you think being made in the US would make GM more inclined. And I doubt that.

Museum delivery? You can get a group together and start a museum. But somebody would have to. GM has an association with the museum, but it isn't GM's museum. So you likely won't get that. And for GM to set up factory delivery? Why? Would they actually sell more Camaros?

Neither are impossible, but both are highly unlikely.

As I said the closest you can get is buy from a Lansing dealer and drive to the plant and sit in the parking lot. And that won't get it done.

There is nothing any more special about this car than the last and there isn't anything more special about LGR than Oshawa.

ardailsmith 06-03-2015 07:19 AM

They need to change the name of this thread from Factory pick up/ tour for Camaro I bet is coming. to We will crush your Dreams.