CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Our newest video showing different 2016 Camaro aero kits, or hi-po model? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381254)

Tran 10-15-2014 06:45 PM

Our newest video showing different 2016 Camaro aero kits, or hi-po model?

We bring you the latest and greatest video of the 2016 Camaro undergoing testing.

What's the most interesting new sighting here is the prototype seen at the very beginning of the video -- showing a ZL1/Z28 like front lip spoiler from a ground effects kit or performance package... or perhaps signaling that this is a hi-po model altogether.

There are also two different trunk spoiler versions seen on the prototypes now.

The rest of the video shows even more details and sounds of the V8 and non-V8 models.

hotlap 10-15-2014 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the new video! Interesting to see two spoiler treatments. The wing and then this one.

MikeT 10-15-2014 07:51 PM

Pretty cool that you can drive around Germany with Michigan plates. I wonder what their 'speed camera' systems make of those. Not that the good folks of GM would ever test the limits. :thumbsup:

TLSTWIN 10-15-2014 07:58 PM

They are testing two different camaros for sure, the one camaro is a 6 or 4 cylinder car in the videos.

from 0:39 to 1:01 is clearly NOT an 8 cylinder motor, but clearly still running laps on the ring:clap2:

Iroc_Z28 10-15-2014 08:09 PM

seeing that they are testing a v8 model with a front splitter is encouraging. I think there is a good chance we will see some sort of performance handling package for the first model year, something similar to the 1LE package on the 5th gen. If the c7 got the z51 package available from the start, i don't see why the camaro can't have a 1le type package available for the 16 MY

TLSTWIN 10-15-2014 08:20 PM

I HOPE SO.

@ 3:24 you see another camaro pulling out from the left at the top of the screen (of the camaro six video) it is earlier in the one below..

subscribe here too to get videos here as well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiiX6CZKO00

I love GM, they even have several versions of the CTS (V) there as welll. YOu here a supercharger spin up on the one, then an aggressive NON-V8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6n1...AUkqYeuIhUdzAQ

KMPrenger 10-15-2014 11:19 PM

This is pretty cool...another good video.

I love the fact that they are testing not just V8 models there, but what must be either a 6 or turbo 4. This tells me that there will likely be performance packages for "sub V8" models as well which really excites me. It makes sense, seeing that Ford did it with the new Mustang. I just hope they don't take Ford's route with the V6 and not offer a performance package on it, as clearly Ford is trying to do away with the V6 version.

I would also bet that a 1LE or similar version will be available from the start. Got to have something to market against the Mustang GT PP.

Loving this so far.

RogerStout 10-15-2014 11:28 PM

Nice I was not a fan of that park bench on the back.

ChefBorOzzy 10-15-2014 11:35 PM

I usually prefer a lip spiler. I can't wait to see this thing. I'm going to the Detroit Auto Show and I hope they debut it then.

oklapike 10-15-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 8011334)
They are testing two different camaros for sure, the one camaro is a 6 or 4 cylinder car in the videos.

from 0:39 to 1:01 is clearly NOT an 8 cylinder motor, but clearly still running laps on the ring:clap2:

And still sounding really good doing it too. :thumb:

ssrs2lt 10-16-2014 06:17 AM

Great vid I was thinking the same thoughts about Germany as well.. US tags ain't gonna fly by the Police, especially with all the cameras for speeding. Also the usual rationing of gas, ETC.

Xeno13 10-16-2014 06:17 AM

Nice video - thank you
It looks like one of the Camaros have the transformers 4 grill - do you guys see that?

MikeT 10-16-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 8011667)
I love the fact that they are testing not just V8 models there, but what must be either a 6 or turbo 4. This tells me that there will likely be performance packages for "sub V8" models as well which really excites me. It makes sense, seeing that Ford did it with the new Mustang. I just hope they don't take Ford's route with the V6 and not offer a performance package on it, as clearly Ford is trying to do away with the V6 version.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I doubt that GM will take the Ford route.

Rumor has it that the LGX V6 going into this car will be upgraded to around 330 hp. Ford, on the other hand, supposedly detuned their V6 in order to make their 4-cylinder look better.

If GM offers a turbo 4 Camaro, I can't see it being marketed as the 'upgrade' like the Mustang's Ecoboost. In all probability, it would be the same 270-hp I4 as in the ATS, and would be marketed as an entry-level Camaro.

KMPrenger 10-16-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 8012597)
Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I doubt that GM will take the Ford route.

Rumor has it that the LGX V6 going into this car will be upgraded to around 330 hp. Ford, on the other hand, supposedly detuned their V6 in order to make their 4-cylinder look better.

If GM offers a turbo 4 Camaro, I can't see it being marketed as the 'upgrade' like the Mustang's Ecoboost. In all probability, it would be the same 270-hp I4 as in the ATS, and would be marketed as an entry-level Camaro.

I've heard the same, and I completely agree with you!

Really hoping for a stout 330+ HP 280 - 290 + TQ V6 with cylinder deactivation. If I can enjoy my modded V6 in a heavy 3,700+ car, I think a good performing V6 with a performance package in a 3,500 lb car sounds pretty dang sweet.