CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   do I bite or wait? 2020 2SS fully loaded (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566415)

novaSS 12-06-2019 10:48 AM

do I bite or wait? 2020 2SS fully loaded

First time Chevy buyer (DC area/NOVA) and wondering if anyone with some experience can shed some light for me. I have been trying to find a fully loaded 2020 2ss (red, auto, npp, mrc, sunroof, black interior), and they are impossible to find. I have been in contact with 5 different dealers, and everyone is eager to find me one, until they can't. Most dealerships end up offering to order one, and that has been a rather confusing experience as well.

Eventually one dealer gave me two options:

OPTION 1
they found one that ticks all the boxes. It also has things I don't want, like stripes, but those can be taken off.
MSRP 50k
OTD offer 47.5k
The downside is the sales person will be driving it about 200 miles to bring it. I don't really like that as it exposes the car to elements before I can ppf it, and who knows if the dealer will want to have some fun on the way to the dealership.

Is 47.5k OTD (44.8 before taxes/fees) a decent deal on a 2020?

OPTION 2
They are offering to order one for me. I asked if the price is negotiable, and
was told it will basically be MSRP, since it's a built-to-order car. This means I would be paying around 48.5K MSRP + 2K taxes - incentives (let's say $1500) = 49k. That sounds a bit too close to the price of a ZL1 (2019s on autotrader are about 56k).

Is it really true that built-to-order car prices are non negotiable?

I am just trying to gauge what I can comfortably expect to pay, since I always hear about how Camaros can be bought for much less than MSRP.

396ssrat 12-06-2019 12:54 PM

My suggestion is that you contact Becky D. here in this forum and see what she can come up with.

andy3213 12-06-2019 01:22 PM

I ordered a car last year. I paid invoice - rebates. That's probably a reasonable expectation. It took about 10 weeks from order to delivery. And I ordered with nothing more than a phone call. No deposit, or any paperwork. My car showed 4 on the odometer miles when I picked it up.

LARRY01Z28 12-06-2019 02:14 PM

call Becky D

Aboynamedsue 12-19-2019 12:35 PM

Call Becky. Paying sticker because you order the car is COMPLETELY ridiculous.

arpad_m 12-19-2019 02:21 PM

I also ordered my car and the offer came out to ~10% below MSRP before tax. Others reported even better deals. You shouldn't ever have to pay MSRP.

Rock-It Man 01-03-2020 08:50 PM

I order all my GM cars and never pay MSRP.

I want what I want.

ST1LE 01-20-2020 01:15 PM

I paid $1,000 under invoice for my last ordered car. Ordering a car is better for the dealer than them ordering one that sits on the lot to be sold to someone that is shopping.

Mrbobcat 01-21-2020 03:20 AM

True ST1LE, but I'm sure you can find a much better deal on one that has been on the lot and is on sale. I can't seem to find one with the main options I want though and after going on the build site and specking one out, there is no way I will find one like it. But then again, I can't decide exactly what options I want. I mean I have a general idea for the trim and major options, but I like a couple of the exterior colors and different stripe packages and colors also. Its almost better to see one in person, but I may have to contact Becky again and see what she can do.