CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   gen6mike's 8.40@162.88 w/2650 Maggie/VIdeo (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568087)

laynlo15 01-10-2020 07:04 PM

gen6mike's 8.40@162.88 w/2650 Maggie/VIdeo

Few passes by Mike's Gen6 Camaro today in testing. He started off with a 8.61@159 but was having issues with the throttle closing 4/5 shift but got that worked out with that 8.40@162.88 with his Magnuson 2650r Heartbreaker. Also Sean from Speed Engineering went 8.48@159 but was having similar throttle issues. Don't know if he got that worked out or not. He has a C7Z06 with our 2650r Heartbreaker also. His car was our mule for the first 2650 SC that we had at Sema 2018. He'll go faster once he gets those issues worked out. No port injection on either car.
https://www.facebook.com/mike.swanso...VNB3K146yYVK65

KingLT1 01-10-2020 09:24 PM

Hell yea that is moving. Will be a 6th gen in the 7's before too long.

shinysun 01-10-2020 10:00 PM

How much power dose he get?

laynlo15 01-10-2020 10:08 PM

It will be tough but could happen.

laynlo15 01-10-2020 10:38 PM

He did make another pass of 8.53@159 on pretty conservative timing. More left for sure.

L78toLT1 01-11-2020 08:32 AM

Is his car anywhere close to full weight?

laynlo15 01-11-2020 08:52 AM

Its 3990, has full cage. When they were on the dyno they were unable to get RWHP because of some parts they needed to fix the dyno. They were only able to tune because of that issue. Hopefully the parts will come in and he can get back on there with some numbers. I'm guessing over 1150 since his car made 1080 before and he ran 8.64 so unknown at this time.

gotswap 01-11-2020 09:00 AM

LOL at "No port injection"

parish8 01-11-2020 09:38 AM

What trans is he running?

laynlo15 01-11-2020 09:42 AM

Haha thought everyone would like that. Just Jiving everyone since we've caught so much shit for not having port injection. LOL all good. Lots of choices for all.

laynlo15 01-11-2020 09:43 AM

He's running the Rankin A8 and launching in 2nd gear

KingLT1 01-11-2020 10:23 AM

be nice if somebody would come out with a different ratio for the A8. First gear needs to be longer and fifth gear needs to be shorter.

parish8 01-11-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laynlo15 (Post 10697463)
He's running the Rankin A8 and launching in 2nd gear

That is bad ass.

So sleeved 416? What heads?
Still an a8
No port
Stock rear diff?
Big meth kit or all di?

laynlo15 01-11-2020 11:39 AM

Stock Diff, sleeved, full cage, chute, 3990 weight, meth but not sure what nozzles. Yes about a 3.50 first gear would be great. Still may not work for over 1100 hp cars but would work better for a car like mine at 850 to 900. They are Lingenfelter Lt4 heads, not sure on what cam, stuff like that.

ramairroughneck 01-11-2020 01:15 PM

What a beast!

laynlo15 01-11-2020 04:41 PM

No kidding. Mines a pouch for sure and it pretty dam fast. But not that fast.

radz28 01-12-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotswap (Post 10697439)
LOL at "No port injection"

:laughabove:

laynlo15 01-12-2020 08:55 AM

Sorry, couldn't resist

radz28 01-12-2020 08:57 AM

Me either, HAHAHA.

parish8 01-12-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laynlo15 (Post 10697954)
Sorry, couldn't resist

I don’t get it. Can someone fill me in on the “no port injection” joke? You have to get fuel in there somehow. Either meth, port, or high dollar di stuff.

laynlo15 01-12-2020 10:11 AM

So many on this forum were always trashing Magnuson for not having port injection provisions for our 2650 underhood. I kept saying it wasn't needed to make big power. So now that Swanson ran the fastest pass for a Gen6 I just said it was done with no port injection because for some reason some think its necessary but this just proves to all that the power is there without it. So, just a little jabbing at those who wouldn't buy our product because we didn't have it. Its all in fun.

KingLT1 01-12-2020 10:34 AM

Not sure if it's possible or even makes sense, but It would be cool if somebody made a 8 nozzle meth injection setup that would fit in the port injection bungs. That way you can get even distribution for all cylinders. That is the only thing that concerns me about a meth setup on a really high horsepower build.

ShizzySupra 01-12-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLT1 (Post 10698024)
Not sure if it's possible or even makes sense, but It would be cool if somebody made a 8 nozzle meth injection setup that would fit in the port injection bungs. That way you can get even distribution for all cylinders. That is the only thing that concerns me about a meth setup on a really high horsepower build.

Mikes meth setup is what we did with mine just 2.3 vs 2650. 4 nozzles placed with exact measurements with help from ProMeth. Fairly even distribution and through the lid onto the bricks. Extra cooling and better distribution. :)

laynlo15 01-12-2020 11:02 AM

His is a devilsown injection in the lid. Just running off his old alky pump, I'm going to order one of those for mine and take it out of the elbow. I'm guessing Mike is making 1150 plus to propel the 4000 plus pounds down the track with driver. He was at 3990 with the old 2300 at the LS Fest and the 2650 is about 22 lbs heavier.

KingLT1 01-12-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShizzySupra (Post 10698032)
Mikes meth setup is what we did with mine just 2.3 vs 2650. 4 nozzles placed with exact measurements with help from ProMeth. Fairly even distribution and through the lid onto the bricks. Extra cooling and better distribution. :)

Nice!

7WSM 01-12-2020 08:19 PM

The peoples on the internets told me the Maggie 2650 is dumb for not having port injection. The same people who told me this are also not going to run anywhere close to 8.40s. Either way, that's flying. GG to Mike and his crew who put this together.

laynlo15 01-12-2020 09:53 PM

We've been told that many a time. I think we've put the proof in the pudding. Dumb? Don't think so. Ask the C7 Z06 guys what they like on the Corvette Forum, they love their under hood 2650 Heartbreaker and Sean's 8.48@159 Z06 should prove that. Ya just can't believe everything you hear on the internet and there will always be haters.

parish8 01-13-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laynlo15 (Post 10698002)
So many on this forum were always trashing Magnuson for not having port injection provisions for our 2650 underhood. I kept saying it wasn't needed to make big power. So now that Swanson ran the fastest pass for a Gen6 I just said it was done with no port injection because for some reason some think its necessary but this just proves to all that the power is there without it. So, just a little jabbing at those who wouldn't buy our product because we didn't have it. Its all in fun.

I must have missed that whole deal. I say whatever works. I would be doing meth if we didn’t have e85 for $2/gal on every corner.

I have and still feel like turbos are the best :). Way more important than the power adder is the dedication to sort things out. Mike is getting it done.

EDFHOBBIES 01-23-2020 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by laynlo15 (Post 10698002)

You just can't let it alone... I did, now your back at it with the jabs.

I could careless how fast you are for there is always someone faster.

It's great work what your doing showing the die hard racers you can make that much power with meth, race fuel, or 93 and meth. It must be a lot of fun to trailer it around and use for a couple passes or a total of 10 mins a weekend.

For the other 98% that use the public highway systems and still want to be as fast as you I explained how the port injection is the best option and the way to go if you want to save some money over the all DI route of using the XDI system if meth isn't your cup of tea.

*I've proven many times that the eforce has 3 ways to be fueled and the maggi only has 2

You come back with your IATs are superior and see that Mike in his initial vette videos mention the casting is ported from the factory.

*So I then prove that porting the eforce will perform equal to or better the maggi and still beats your blowers price by a few $100 since porting is equal playing ground.

You come back saying that we have the fastest cars

*I then mention Talley and your try to discredit his pass

Your product was still in R&D when I got my product I waited 1 1/2 years and gave up. I grew tired of the f$#* lies when I called. I was always promised a date like "Next October, Christmas, 1st 1/4 next year" blah blah! had nothing to do with not wanting to try it. It wasn't available! Every time I called to check status I got the well why don't you just get the 2300, If I'm spending money I want the latest technology.

As I said before I drive my car a lot. A special fuel or worrying if I have enough meth or need to take cans of meth on my trips if I go to San Antonio or Dallas for the weekend sounds GAF.

I saw this post on FB tried to tag u and messaged u when I saw it you never answered my FB msg!

looks like my opinion on the old hag is right on!

radz28 01-23-2020 11:40 AM

I am only asking this from an honest perspective: Who is daily'ing a 1000-RWHP car?... Refilling and all that makes sense - I'm not arguing that. I'm not arguing cost either. But what if someone doesn't want to cut the crap out of their hood or something (that's just ZL1s - it sounds like SSs don't have to do that, but they also can't take more than something like 650-RW without pistons)? I'd rather pay a couple more grand than cut perhaps my favorite panel on the car apart. Even IF I had the money or want to DD a 1000-RW car, I don't know that I'd want to. That's largely because of where I live, but I still would like to ask who would honestly do that...

And - those jabs were not really a big deal, were they? You can't argue you didn't jump in many times either. As far as how long it took Magnuson - clearly they were working on other projects (probably COPO, VMP, Ford, Mopar, etc). Stringing along sucks but projects take as long as it's going to take. And look at the product - it doesn't need porting, can support port' (haven't seen much info', but that's what is stated), and doesn't require cutting a car apart to fit.

Also - this is his thread - not yours... (I'm just saying...)... He didn't go over to your thread...

JMHO.

Umbriel 01-23-2020 11:53 AM

I know I had a meth pump fail and almost cost me a motor in my 4th gen so I am doing port injection with E85 so I don't have to worry about that kind of thing again.

radz28 01-23-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umbriel (Post 10706960)
I know I had a meth pump fail and almost cost me a motor in my 4th gen so I am doing port injection with E85 so I don't have to worry about that kind of thing again.

Yup - it's a risk...

EDFHOBBIES 01-23-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 10706952)
I am only asking this from an honest perspective: Who is daily'ing a 1000-RWHP car?... Refilling and all that makes sense - I'm not arguing that. I'm not arguing cost either. But what if someone doesn't want to cut the crap out of their hood or something (that's just ZL1s - it sounds like SSs don't have to do that, but they also can't take more than something like 650-RW without pistons)? I'd rather pay a couple more grand than cut perhaps my favorite panel on the car apart. Even IF I had the money or want to DD a 1000-RW car, I don't know that I'd want to. That's largely because of where I live, but I still would like to ask who would honestly do that...

And - those jabs were not really a big deal, were they? You can't argue you didn't jump in many times either. As far as how long it took Magnuson - clearly they were working on other projects (probably COPO, VMP, Ford, Mopar, etc). Stringing along sucks but projects take as long as it's going to take. And look at the product - it doesn't need porting, can support port' (haven't seen much info', but that's what is stated), and doesn't require cutting a car apart to fit.

Also - this is his thread - not yours... (I'm just saying...)... He didn't go over to your thread...

JMHO.

I daily my car when it doesn't rain.. it drives fine the LPE gt31 camshaft idles like stock and makes great power and is easy to drive in traffic no shaking, shimmering, or irregular idle like big loped cams can do.

It gets hardly any different mileage on 93 then it did when it was stock. On all E I get 210 miles out of tank down from 325(93) that's back n forth to work not set and go w cruise on.

If you think they (laynlo15, shizzy, and toohighpsi) were not on my thread putting me down telling me I'm an idiot more or less then trying discredit me or the Edelbrock 2650 so that there product stays on top your pretty naive. When a company that's be known as selling a gentleman's blower (inside joke between shops and tuners) makes a product that could takes some sales away the slander, mud slinging, and BS comes out!

radz28 01-23-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES (Post 10706966)
I daily my car when it doesn't rain.. it drives fine the LPE gt31 camshaft idles like stock and makes great power and is easy to drive in traffic no shaking like big lopy cans do.

It gets hardly any different milage on 93 then it did when it was stock. On all E I get 210 miles out of tank down from 325(93) that's back n forth to work not set and go w cruise on.

If you think they (lay, shizzy, and toohighpsi) were not on my thread putting me down telling me I'm an idiot more or less then your pretty naive.

WHO else does that though? That's just an honest question. If it's 1%, then, to me, it's not a quite a good stance. THAT'S A WHOLE LOT OF BALD EAGLES MAN!!! How many people really would run like that? Even if I had the car and the means to, I wouldn't. That's just me though. That's why I ask.

That sounds like outstanding tuning and an outstanding set-up. That is awesome efficiency.

Would you blame anyone from coming back at you after you completely fly off the handle, like you do a lot? YOU EVEN ADMIT IT. Holy Christ! It's like you act like someone punched your mom in the face. Just like this time, you come stomping in here like Godzilla after someone makes a little joke, in their own thread. JESUS. The way you came at Mike and some of his people about proving this or that when you had NO data of your own to compare (temperatures, boost, etc), and you are the victim? Then he provides them, you demand more, and yet still provide nothing to support your side except dyno numbers. Ok... It was okay, though, because they were the only ones making claims, not you... I won't say you don't have a right to have some feelings about it, but your argument is the same thing every time. No one's said you're an idiot. If anyone is close to suggesting someone else is an idiot, it seems to be you more than anyone else when this topic comes up. You are insanely defensive about this. You hold Magnuson accountable for your impatience? It's their fault you didn't want to wait for another option for your set-up? OK... I guess that makes sense to you; maybe to others too. Hey - I could be completely off the rails (it wouldn't be the first, nor will it be the last time). But alas - I didn't label anyone else because that person didn't agree with my.

Honestly - who cares?!!! You obviously like your set-up and how you rationalized it for your situation. Hey - it's your car, money and time. And your set-up is great for you. Not everyone wants to do what you had to though. Not everyone wants to cut on their car like you had to. And - like you, some people rather cut than spend more money. OK! GREAT!!! It's okay to have a little fun. But to have a little fun, both sides have to agree to it (or just don't participate).

parish8 01-23-2020 01:01 PM

Port injection also has the problem if any one injector fails the motor may melt down. I see it as about an equal risk as meth.

I have it set up where it watches the wideband and if it goes above 12.5 at wot it shuts down the car. I am going to enhance that with dual widebands so I am watching both banks. Not sure if that would catch one bad injector.

EDFHOBBIES 01-23-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 10706992)
WHO else does that though? That's just an honest question. If it's 1%, then, to me, it's not a quite a good stance. THAT'S A WHOLE LOT OF BALD EAGLES MAN!!! How many people really would run like that? Even if I had the car and the means to, I wouldn't. That's just me though. That's why I ask.

That sounds like outstanding tuning and an outstanding set-up. That is awesome efficiency.

Would you blame anyone from coming back at you after you completely fly off the handle, like you do a lot? YOU EVEN ADMIT IT. Holy Christ! It's like you act like someone punched your mom in the face. Just like this time, you come stomping in here like Godzilla after someone makes a little joke, in their own thread. JESUS. The way you came at Mike and some of his people about proving this or that when you had NO data of your own to compare (temperatures, boost, etc), and you are the victim? Then he provides them, you demand more, and yet still provide nothing to support your side except dyno numbers. Ok... It was okay, though, because they were the only ones making claims, not you... I won't say you don't have a right to have some feelings about it, but your argument is the same thing every time. No one's said you're an idiot. If anyone is close to suggesting someone else is an idiot, it seems to be you more than anyone else when this topic comes up. You are insanely defensive about this. You hold Magnuson accountable for your impatience? It's their fault you didn't want to wait for another option for your set-up? OK... I guess that makes sense to you; maybe to others too. Hey - I could be completely off the rails (it wouldn't be the first, nor will it be the last time). But alas - I didn't label anyone else because that person didn't agree with my.

Honestly - who cares?!!! You obviously like your set-up and how you rationalized it for your situation. Hey - it's your car, money and time. And your set-up is great for you. Not everyone wants to do what you had to though. Not everyone wants to cut on their car like you had to. And - like you, some people rather cut than spend more money. OK! GREAT!!! It's okay to have a little fun. But to have a little fun, both sides have to agree to it (or just don't participate).

Thanks for the insight.. I just won't have anyone making fun of me regardless of how big deal it was or not especially when they have been messing with me in the past unless we are friends of course then its all good! I made sure I listed the facts so there is no he said she said.. like before and no discrediting.

It looks like your in Cali.. I'm sure there are plenty of good builds there but I would think the strict motor laws are hard to work around so its just not common in CA for DD to rock that power level. I'm in Houston I have shit to what's roaming around on the streets here.

Really because the cam choice it drive totally stock till abt 4500 then at that rpm you let off or pray it not going sideways, I still have my track setup which is the worst for a High powered car but I love going around turns a 3x the suggested.

thanks for being the mediator!

Umbriel 01-23-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parish8 (Post 10707035)
Port injection also has the problem if any one injector fails the motor may melt down. I see it as about an equal risk as meth.

I have it set up where it watches the wideband and if it goes above 12.5 at wot it shuts down the car. I am going to enhance that with dual widebands so I am watching both banks. Not sure if that would catch one bad injector.

Isn't that the same as any cars injector failing? Not because of aftermarket port injection?

EDFHOBBIES 01-23-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parish8 (Post 10707035)

ding ding exactly one of the benefits of Haltech along with data recording, and a whole lot stuff that couldn't be done before..

EDFHOBBIES 01-23-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umbriel (Post 10707044)
Isn't that the same as any cars injector failing? Not because of aftermarket port injection?

It is for sure most of the time E is responsible.. my shop set a reminder to pull my injectors and clean them and flow test 1x time a year.. You may of seen the post by Matt Sorian in Zl1 fb earlier this week...of how critical this is.

radz28 01-23-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES (Post 10707041)
Thanks for the insight.. I just won't have anyone making fun of me regardless of how big deal it was or not especially when they have been messing with me in the past unless we are friends of course then its all good! I made sure I listed the facts so there is no he said she said.. like before and no discrediting.

It looks like your in Cali.. I'm sure there are plenty of good builds there but I would think the strict motor laws are hard to work around so its just not common in CA for DD to rock that power level. I'm in Houston I have shit to what's roaming around on the streets here.

Really because the cam choice it drive totally stock till abt 4500 then at that rpm you let off or pray it not going sideways, I still have my track setup which is the worst for a High powered car but I love going around turns a 3x the suggested.

thanks for being the mediator!

I want to be clear: You share a LOT of information and I really believe you are trying and DO help. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure it's fair to say we appreciate that. Many people don't share, especially on a build like yours. So - again - I enjoy your being here and sharing. I look forward to your posts :thumbup::respekt::happy0180:

Yeah - you won't find too much stuff around here like that. And I'm not questioning that you're being honest, because I see some builds here and there. They don't all say DD, like you do, but regardless, I recognize what you're telling me.

We're all passionate about our cars - that's why we're here :thumbup: