CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Lt4 blower swap (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567981)

Eldi Z 01-21-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 10704674)
IMO that is conservative, I like that. I'd do GM's high 9s (on 93) and work on the exhaust with either CA cat deletes move the 02 behind the second cats, or for an auto LT with cats. I know I'm "avant garde now" Also RotoFab, both mods reduce pumping losses so it is stress-free HP, which is longevity HP, ported tb and snout too. I figure the blower is probably optimized for high 9s and a 6.2 liter engine (never saw an efficiency map on it), I figure the aftermarket is doing plus 70 to plus 100 on a LT4 so dunno 12 to 14 PSI which has to be WAY off the efficiency map.:confused0068: We are dealing with a temp rise in either case, either before the intake valve or mechanical compression.

I hope others with the actual build will chime in. I would expect the build to be very responsive and fun.

I think that the maximum boost levels that most tuners recommend for this relatively small 1.7 blower is ~ 10-11 PSI - No more.
Again, lets have people with this set-up chime in with more information.

Thing is, that I would not like to impair the emissions requirements, by deleting the CATs and potentially fail smog tests.

Regarding intake: The stock inbox can be modified (I.E. Drill openings at the bottom): i would like to remain with a panel filter too - There has been no significant (if any) gains proven by using a conic/round shaped filter (I.E. K&N, Rotofab, Etc.).
Ported TB is already installed BtW (Soler)

oldman 02-11-2020 03:20 AM

just to finish up on the LT1 cam vs the LT4 cam. I check the LT5 cam specs and it is a DoD delete LT1 cam. exactly: :confused0068:200 /207 .551 / .524 LSA is 116.5
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...ed-c7-zr1-lt5/
So the LT1 cam is a better factory performance blower cam.

Tim M 03-19-2020 01:10 PM

oldman: Verrry interesting...would not have guessed. Thanks for posting.

sr71bb 03-19-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldi Z (Post 10705262)
I think that the maximum boost levels that most tuners recommend for this relatively small 1.7 blower is ~ 10-11 PSI - No more.
Again, lets have people with this set-up chime in with more information.

Thing is, that I would not like to impair the emissions requirements, by deleting the CATs and potentially fail smog tests.

Regarding intake: The stock inbox can be modified (I.E. Drill openings at the bottom): i would like to remain with a panel filter too - There has been no significant (if any) gains proven by using a conic/round shaped filter (I.E. K&N, Rotofab, Etc.).
Ported TB is already installed BtW (Soler)

Well you would actually be amazed on how much air you can push threw this blower with a great set of heads, cam and great tuning. Currently the FASTEST stock blower (ported) LT4 camaro is this yellow ZL1 that CURRENTLY runs a worlds best time of 9.37. AMP with all their air flow technology managed to get over 20 PSI using the STOCK intercooler.

https://www.facebook.com/AdvancedMod...type=3&theater

oldman 03-20-2020 02:37 AM

wow on that little blower...

DorkMissile 03-20-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 10749215)
wow on that little blower...

Well yea - its 20lbs of boost, with a ton of meth and a ice box for the intercooler to chase the heat away.

I run a Alky meth kit and think it is definitely the way to go, especially with a PD blower, but when the sun goes down - the pump is just a $35 motor from a jacuzzi. If you are that meth dependent, it is a grenade waiting to happen.

Eldi Z 03-20-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorkMissile (Post 10749584)
Well yea - its 20lbs of boost, with a ton of meth and a ice box for the intercooler to chase the heat away.

I run a Alky meth kit and think it is definitely the way to go, especially with a PD blower, but when the sun goes down - the pump is just a $35 motor from a jacuzzi. If you are that meth dependent, it is a grenade waiting to happen.

So bottom line, when remaining on 93 straight from the pump (not even a slight bit of E in my location), I would not run any higher boost than 9 lbs considering that the fueling is LT4 End-to-End as well (Low side to High side, via Injectors, using the LT4 HPFP hard pipes as well).

sr71bb 03-20-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorkMissile (Post 10749584)

Well first of all, I mentioned it runs the STOCK intercooler. This car was set up to make a world record and it did yet it still can be driven as a daily driver. Car has made over 200 runs so it is NOT a grenade waiting to happen. Who gives a shit anyway WHAT it takes to make the car go this fast. The fact is it is a world record holder and is unbelievably consistent.

DorkMissile 03-22-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr71bb (Post 10749699)
Well first of all, I mentioned it runs the STOCK intercooler. This car was set up to make a world record and it did yet it still can be driven as a daily driver. Car has made over 200 runs so it is NOT a grenade waiting to happen. Who gives a shit anyway WHAT it takes to make the car go this fast. The fact is it is a world record holder and is unbelievably consistent.

Hey - the post on facebook says it has a icebox for the intercooler - so check the source. The ZL1 I/C isn't known to be a point of concern as long as there are better bricks used in the blower

20lbs on the 1.7 makes a tremendous amount of heat. They are chasing the heat away with the meth and the ice, but it is not a setup you can rely on under boost on the street. On the track where there is a lot more predictable variables it can be planned for - but you will need to put a meth pump in that thing on a regular basis to make sure you dont grenade it.