CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Brakes | Chassis (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   GM Performance lowering/handling kit (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543867)

Korosion 12-07-2018 09:48 AM

GM Performance lowering/handling kit

Yesterday I purchased the GM lowering kit/handling kit and it should be in next week. I will be doing the install myself. Anyone have an recommendations/tips that have installed this kit too? I installed springs on my 5th Gen, but I have never done a full kit like this with struts, sways and links.

vtirocz 12-07-2018 05:06 PM

Congrats!!! Keep us posted on the install. Take lots of pictures!

I'm very interested in this combination too.

soloknight6 12-09-2018 12:04 PM

Im interested too, it would be awesome if you documented the install. Ive heard so many good things about the gm kit.

Korosion 12-09-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soloknight6 (Post 10380354)
Im interested too, it would be awesome if you documented the install. Ive heard so many good things about the gm kit.

Yeah I will try my best to have a detailed write up about it. It should be in end of this week. I will also be going to Sebring in January so I can do a write up about it on the track.

vtirocz 12-09-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korosion (Post 10380597)
Yeah I will try my best to have a detailed write up about it. It should be in end of this week. I will also be going to Sebring in January so I can do a write up about it on the track.

Do you have stock wheels? I'm interested in seeing more pics with the lowering/handling kit and stock wheels.

Good luck with the install. Do you have a service manual with torque specs?

DC5 12-09-2018 09:12 PM

I too am looking forward to hearing your impressions, OP.

Korosion 12-09-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtirocz (Post 10380642)
Do you have stock wheels? I'm interested in seeing more pics with the lowering/handling kit and stock wheels.

Good luck with the install. Do you have a service manual with torque specs?

I have APEX 18x10 square set up with 5MM spacers all around.

And thanks, I will get from dealership when I pick it up.

Alpha1BC 12-10-2018 07:29 AM

If you have easy access to a pass-through socket set, those might come in handy when taking off the strut top mount nut. There are ways to work around it, but having a set of those will have a smaller risk of damaging parts. It should be pretty straightforward outside of that.

Another thing I like to do whenever messing with anything that impacts alignment on the car is to measure camber and toe on each corner while the car is in the air. That way you can at least get it back within the ballpark to drive somewhere and have it aligned on a rack.

Korosion 12-10-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha1BC (Post 10380853)
If you have easy access to a pass-through socket set, those might come in handy when taking off the strut top mount nut. There are ways to work around it, but having a set of those will have a smaller risk of damaging parts. It should be pretty straightforward outside of that.

Another thing I like to do whenever messing with anything that impacts alignment on the car is to measure camber and toe on each corner while the car is in the air. That way you can at least get it back within the ballpark to drive somewhere and have it aligned on a rack.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to pick some up.

Korosion 12-13-2018 10:50 AM

Update.
It hasn't even shipped yet... They said they are waiting for the swaybars to be available and then it will ship from GMs warehouse.

Korosion 12-17-2018 10:29 AM

Everything will be in tomorrow morning. I will also be doing install tomorrow. I should have pictures and initial thoughts up tomorrow night.

vtirocz 12-18-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korosion (Post 10386773)
Everything will be in tomorrow morning. I will also be doing install tomorrow. I should have pictures and initial thoughts up tomorrow night.

That's great news! I'm looking forward to your update.

Korosion 12-18-2018 07:03 PM

Installed kit today, drop is perfect took exactly 4 hours from start to finish. I need to get an alignment tomorrow, it is horrible right now lol. I will update with pictures tomorrow and a handling update once i get the alignment. I do have a concern, however, i dont know if it is normal but there is some creaking sounds coming from somewhere and thud noises. Is that just the bushings and shocks setting in?

DC5 12-18-2018 11:05 PM

Can't wait to see photographs of the new stance!