CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   Front bumper fascia removal (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443603)

Hyper1SS 03-09-2016 02:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Some up close pics of the back side of the front bumper.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 03-09-2016 02:55 PM

Good job, thanks for this diy.

Hyper1SS 03-09-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy (Post 8956377)
Good job, thanks for this diy.

Your welcome. Enjoyed working on the Camaro today and figuring it all out. Take care

hzisfrom1994 01-07-2017 12:59 AM

Can you show or explain how the SS badge on the grille is attached to? I want to remove my front SS badge that are on the grille.

Thanks!

Tazz3069 08-05-2017 09:22 AM

awesome explanation. Thank you

L78toLT1 12-28-2017 08:57 PM

Kudos for an excellent writeup hyper1SS! I just installed my rpi designs custom painted lower grill and you instructions were invaluable. I'm certain that you saved me from removing a bunch of stuff that did not need to come off and from missing a screw or two that did have to come out. I would have finished up in just over an hour if I had not breaked for lunch after getting the fascia off....l came back downstairs, installed the new grill complete, every single screw only to look on the workbench an spy the crush bumper that I forgot to install lol! I was tempted to leave the damn thing off but thought better of it and yanked the fascia back off. The grill looks good, I'll post some pics when Iget a minute. Lighting in the shop does not do it justice. Thanks again!!

RedonBlackRS 12-29-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L78toLT1 (Post 10025148)
Kudos for an excellent writeup hyper1SS! I just installed my rpi designs custom painted lower grill and you instructions were invaluable. I'm certain that you saved me from removing a bunch of stuff that did not need to come off and from missing a screw or two that did have to come out. I would have finished up in just over an hour if I had not breaked for lunch after getting the fascia off....l came back downstairs, installed the new grill complete, every single screw only to look on the workbench an spy the crush bumper that I forgot to install lol! I was tempted to leave the damn thing off but thought better of it and yanked the fascia back off. The grill looks good, I'll post some pics when Iget a minute. Lighting in the shop does not do it justice. Thanks again!!

The crush bumper does look a little funny (kinda toothy..), So I've been debating leaving it off when I install my SEMA grille in the spring. Then I thought to myself: they put it there for a reason, and how often are you low enough and in good enough light to really see the crush bumper through the grille?
So, I think you did the right thing

arpad_m 12-29-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedonBlackRS (Post 10026076)
The crush bumper does look a little funny (kinda toothy..), So I've been debating leaving it off when I install my SEMA grille in the spring. Then I thought to myself: they put it there for a reason, and how often are you low enough and in good enough light to really see the crush bumper through the grille?
So, I think you did the right thing

I agree :) Just installed the SEMA grille and the shock absorber does show through as 4 of those "teeth" happen to align with grille diamond holes. However, I'm sure this bumper is made to help cushion a frontal blow and act as an initial crumpling zone, and I wouldn't compromise safety for a tiny bit of esthetics.

MakCamaro 11-21-2020 05:09 AM

Thread resurrection - nice writeup, thanks!

One question. As I have the European Camaro, I was thinking of instaling the fog light DRLs that are missing. Do you know if I can do the job from underneath, by simply removing the lower valence?

Uk2019 11-21-2020 05:33 AM

Hi, have to take the bumper off to add the drls. Doesn't take very long, have done it a few times now to add drls and the red hot sema grille, takes about 20 mins to take it off.

JepN 08-28-2022 04:27 AM

For the bolts under the front lip of the bumper, what is the name of the part that the bolts screw into?

wang970305 12-27-2022 01:39 PM

awesome thanks

clg82 01-11-2023 01:58 PM

great write up, subscribed