CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Convince me - 1SS vs 2SS (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611067)

classicrockr 11-07-2022 07:53 AM

Convince me - 1SS vs 2SS

All you 1LE owners,

I'm looking at trading my 2016 2LT/RS vert in next spring - I need a V8!

I need help deciding what to get - I want the 1LE package, but what did you buy - 1SS or 2SS & why?

dc_hokie 11-07-2022 08:28 AM

Got a 1SS. Did not want leather seats....another thing to take care of. Wanted a better stereo system but I heard the BOSE wasn't that great. Went 1SS.

ZPirate 11-07-2022 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_hokie (Post 11250286)
Got a 1SS. Did not want leather seats....another thing to take care of. Wanted a better stereo system but I heard the BOSE wasn't that great. Went 1SS.

The Recaros are the same in the 1LE 1SS/2SS, except for the heating and cooling functions on the 2SS. Both are leather and alcantara.

I chose the 1SS because it costs less, approximately 5k less, the car isn't my daily driver so I don't need some of the 2SS extras, the 1LE actually gets you a few of the 2SS upgrades like HUD and rear leather seats and because I wanted the lighter version of the 1LE (1SS manual). I do wish the 1SS was available with blind spot monitoring though.

arpad_m 11-07-2022 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey classicrockr, check out the list below, this is always a matter of personal preference. The 1LE package does add the HUD even for a 1SS, but I would not want to "de-content" my build at this price point for a few grand, the car is already behind the tech and comfort curve even in its best configuration.

If, however, you don't care about tech and comfort much and never will, then you'll be very happy with a 1SS. The blind spot monitoring and rear object sensors are pretty useful, though, just saying.

Ryanbabz71 11-07-2022 09:37 AM

1SS

The additional cost vs 2SS options didn’t appeal to me.

Now in my DD (truck) i went with a high country with all the options .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tarmelter 11-07-2022 10:03 AM

1SS with the 1LE package. The 2SS extra's didn't appeal enough to me to justify the price difference and the 1SS I got was on order already so I would have to wait a lot longer had I ordered a 2SS.

5.M0NSTER 11-07-2022 10:06 AM

1SS here as well. Lightest of the SS trims, and best speed/$ ratio.

The Chief (tm) 11-07-2022 10:24 AM

2016 2SS: in the warmer weather you can *definitely* notice when you're running seat ventilation vs. not, though ours is a convertible so this might overstate the effect.

Dual-zone very helpful when significant other is in the car.

Heated mirrors helpful.

Backup sensors helpful.

Safety warnings helpful, and configurable so not overly intrusive. (I think I allow certain warning lights to flash, but have disabled the chimes.)

Wireless charging maybe helpful though I haven't used it.

Is the dashboard info screen still bigger on 2SS, or the same these days?

Bose nothing special AFAICT.

Bottom line I don't think I could go "backwards", now having had this stuff, but it's also mostly a DD which comes into play. If yours won't be DD and/or you haven't already had it all on previous cars, then I do agree that the extra $ might not make sense.

Melon 11-07-2022 10:45 AM

2SS, I like the added features.

Whitespeed 11-07-2022 11:14 AM

Ultimately, the 2SS has extra comfort and convenience features that only you can decide if they're important/worth it to you for the extra $5000. It's very subjective. Do you want heated and cooled seats with memory, heated steering wheel, dual zone climate control, upgraded stereo, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert and rear view mirror camera, plus a few other bells and whistles? Are you buying a 1LE because it's going to be used primarily on the track? Then a 1SS is really all you need. Will this be a daily driver that never sees the track. Perhaps then the 2SS, but do you even need a 1LE in that case? Are you going to have a significant other in the car much of the time, or will it just be you? What's your budget? Is $5000 a significant stretch? There are a lot of variables, as others have alluded to.

demonspeed 11-07-2022 01:11 PM

I have no interest in the tech and other fluff - I got this for the track first and drivability second. 1SS for me!

AZIROC 11-07-2022 01:23 PM

Cost wise, id say 1SS.

flobb 11-07-2022 01:28 PM

I use my ventilated seats more than I expected to. My car is black with no tint and it gets warm inside the cabin pretty darn quick.

JamesNoBrakes 11-07-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER (Post 11250340)
1SS here as well. Lightest of the SS trims, and best speed/$ ratio.

I knew someone would say this. Yay, you saved 8lbs. Yes, 8lbs.