CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Best intake ? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474170)

Fahad6 11-20-2016 10:30 PM

Best intake ?

Hey guys , I would ask you a about the best performance intake ?
I am buying one of these 3 CAI please help.
1-Roto fab
2- Airaid
3 afe

Thanks.

BravoMyles 11-20-2016 10:55 PM

Why not Cold Air Inductions? That should be one of the choices as well, in my opinion.

pinoyscorpion951 11-20-2016 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fahad6 (Post 9416157)
Hey guys , I would ask you a about the best performance intake ?
I am buying one of these 3 CAI please help.
1-Roto fab
2- Airaid
3 afe

Thanks.

What part of the Middle East are you from. I was looking at pictures of the Qatar Camaro club on FB and IG damn....those guys were rolling deep:hail: To answer your question though, Roto fab has been tested by several third parties already and it's the only one where there were actual gains on the dyno. It's also apparently the only one that doesn't skew the MAF readings as well. I'm surprised CAI is not on that list also. BadBowTies just tested that one on the track not too long ago and there was an improvement in quarter mile times with that intake. It looks like the whistle issue with it has been resolved. I had a CAI on my 5th gen and loved it. For the 5th gen JRE tested it and it was one of the best if not the best if you paired it with the racing scoop. Unfortunately, other than the runs at the track by BadBowTies, no other third party has verified that there was any improvement over stock or that it doesn't skew the MAF readings. Not sure about the other ones you mentioned. Kropscamaro has the AFE intake and he seems to like it. I don't know anyone that has airaid.

enzia35 11-20-2016 11:27 PM

CAI or Roto-Fab.

Fahad6 11-21-2016 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 (Post 9416192)
What part of the Middle East are you from. I was looking at pictures of the Qatar Camaro club on FB and IG damn....those guys were rolling deep:hail: To answer your question though, Roto fab has been tested by several third parties already and it's the only one where there were actual gains on the dyno. It's also apparently the only one that doesn't skew the MAF readings as well. I'm surprised CAI is not on that list also. BadBowTies just tested that one on the track not too long ago and there was an improvement in quarter mile times with that intake. It looks like the whistle issue with it has been resolved. I had a CAI on my 5th gen and loved it. For the 5th gen JRE tested it and it was one of the best if not the best if you paired it with the racing scoop. Unfortunately, other than the runs at the track by BadBowTies, no other third party has verified that there was any improvement over stock or that it doesn't skew the MAF readings. Not sure about the other ones you mentioned. Kropscamaro has the AFE intake and he seems to like it. I don't know anyone that has airaid.

I am from Saudi Arabia and going to attend with Qatar Camaro club, I know thay CAI is a great intake system but I like the look of the roto fab and the pthers I mentioned, Roto fab is the best choise for now because ordering an intake will cost me shipping because of my location so need the verified one.

Roto-fab 1 01-07-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 (Post 9416192)

Quote:

Originally Posted by enzia35 (Post 9416197)
CAI or Roto-Fab.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fahad6 (Post 9416242)
I am from Saudi Arabia and going to attend with Qatar Camaro club, I know thay CAI is a great intake system but I like the look of the roto fab and the pthers I mentioned, Roto fab is the best choise for now because ordering an intake will cost me shipping because of my location so need the verified one.

Thanks for the info and support guys! Please let me know of you have any questions specific to our CAI.

Michael

hzisfrom1994 01-07-2017 11:15 AM

ROTOFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB, it looks the best.

urr2slo 01-07-2017 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
RotoFab, independently tested by several shops across the nation to be the #1 intake available.

Fraxum 01-08-2017 12:04 PM

somewhatdamaged 01-08-2017 01:39 PM

Rotofab is the only aftermarket I would go with, or just keep it stock with a K&N filter

steelheadrob 01-08-2017 02:42 PM

Best intake for the money is the stock one that came on the car. I haven't seen anything results that make me want to rush out and buy any of the aftermarket options, unless you are adding others things and changing the tune. If I did something, based on the current available options I would go with the rotofab.

EFI Tuning 01-08-2017 02:46 PM

The stock intake is a restriction once you start deviating from a bone stock setup. We've done back to back testing and RF clearly showed significant gains (10+ RW) with a ported IM/TB. FI shows gains of 30+ RW.

Tim

steelheadrob 01-08-2017 03:25 PM

I must have missed the thread that showed a 30hp gain on a FI application. Can you point me to it? The thread I read on a maggie, showed 11hp gain at the top of the RPM range with little or negative gains through most of the band.

Roto-fab 1 01-08-2017 11:23 PM

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467569 - 40 hp gain over stock w/ Heartbeat supercharger

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473257 - 39 hp gain with LT4 supercharger.

I hope these help!
Michael