Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dyno tune or CAI w/ SCT tuner (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479468)

1LECameron 01-05-2017 11:11 AM

Dyno tune or CAI w/ SCT tuner

Which one will provide more power considering they are about the same price, Dyno tune or SCT tuner w/ CAI. Stock 2015 LS3 engine.

NC_SS 01-05-2017 11:17 AM

Get headers and an exhaust then dyno tune

1LECameron 01-05-2017 11:31 AM

I know the other mods I can do but I'm just wondering what offers more power of the 2 options.

xXSicSicSicXx 01-05-2017 11:46 AM

wouldn't waste the money on a "cai" again

Juiced1 01-05-2017 12:23 PM

A SCT tuner or any other canned tune would be fine on a other wise stock engine. A dyno tune won't pick up much more power than a basic SCT tune. We only recommend a dyno tune if you changed something more significant like adding headers or a cam.

G701LE 01-05-2017 12:53 PM

Get an SCT first. Then after ALL the mods get done. Get a dyno tune

Unreal 01-05-2017 01:09 PM

Way too broad of a question. A dyno tune can be complete crap and lose power, or amazing. So comparing off the shelf SCT to a dyno tune is a pointless question. A dyno doesn't tune your car, a person does. You need to talk about a specific tuner, which odds are no one on here can comment on unless it a big name person. There are 5 local tuners here, 3 are complete idiots that I wouldn't let tune my lawnmower. 2 are good.

An in person tune from someone that knows what they are doing is almost always better than a canned SCT tune. I would never waste money on a SCT. Get HP tuners and do a mail order tune that way if you want to do something like that.

Roto-fab 1 01-07-2017 08:05 PM

We have seen consistent gains of 15-18 hp with the Roto-fab CAI, stock tune. If you have any more CAI related questions, I would be glad to help!

Michael

JCunningham 01-08-2017 02:48 AM

dont bother tuning a LS3 until you get long tube headers or change out your cats. there is almost nothing to gain. Get a CAI if you want but that will not require a tune.

MrChrisLS3 01-08-2017 07:59 AM

At this stage, I would have to look at it as a "risk vs. reward" situation. With any mods you might do down the road to increase air flow, heads, cam, even a good header, you'll wind up needing to get a better flowing intake. So, that mod is inevitable.

A tune, on a stock engine, will probably find some of those extra ponies that GM left on the table for reliability and efficiency sake. However, once you hack the ECM you can kiss your powertrain warranty goodbye. For me, it just wouldn't be worth it to waste that warranty unless I was going to get something very substantial out of the deal. Also, keep in mind that if you tune now, you'll still have to tune again when you do get around to adding those headers or that cam, or whatever you need to feed that mod bug once it bites.

JCunningham 01-08-2017 12:16 PM

I got my car tuned when i put a New Era OTR intake on it. I gained 4hp and 9ftlbs because of the tune. Not worth tuning it. The reason I got it tuned was because with the OTR i had drivability problems.

JANNETTYRACING 01-09-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LECameron (Post 9488867)
Which one will provide more power considering they are about the same price, Dyno tune or SCT tuner w/ CAI. Stock 2015 LS3 engine.

Hello Cameron,

I offer Remote custom tuning via the SCT Hand held tuner.

I have a buy parts from me get custom tunes for Free program.

Dollar for Dollar you can not beat this program or the results.

This allows you to purchase one part a a time and get tuning for that part FREE building your car as you can afford it.

Almost every part you add will need custom tuning to make it work properly.

I have tuned over 5000 Cars with SCT device and software to perfection.

The parts make the power the tuning makes the parts work correctly.

I have tested and tuned nearly every part combination one can dream up and the results are a product of my experience and not the software.

I am happy to guide you on your quest for power and performance by sharing the best parts to fit your needs.

Feel free to gives us a call 203-753-7223

PoppaHoss 03-17-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 9495538)
Hello Cameron,

I offer Remote custom tuning via the SCT Hand held tuner.

I have a buy parts from me get custom tunes for Free program.

Dollar for Dollar you can not beat this program or the results.

This allows you to purchase one part a a time and get tuning for that part FREE building your car as you can afford it.

Almost every part you add will need custom tuning to make it work properly.

I have tuned over 5000 Cars with SCT device and software to perfection.

The parts make the power the tuning makes the parts work correctly.

I have tested and tuned nearly every part combination one can dream up and the results are a product of my experience and not the software.

I am happy to guide you on your quest for power and performance by sharing the best parts to fit your needs.

Feel free to gives us a call 203-753-7223

Email Sent for more info, thank you.
Matt