CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Flashing Check Engine Light (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489505)

7cameron4 03-29-2017 04:27 PM

Flashing Check Engine Light

Hey guys, just started my car after work and the check engine light came on and blinked for about 30 seconds then remained off. Does anyone have any idea on what this could be? I tried checking the code but nothing was there.

7WSM 03-29-2017 05:04 PM

Flashing check engine light would normally mean there is a misfire. Which engine?

7cameron4 03-29-2017 05:09 PM

Oh that would help. This is on the LT1. I have just recently installed my ported throttle body and Intake manifold.

bybcous 03-29-2017 07:18 PM

This happened to me when my hesders burned a spark plug wire. Something Is wrong. Thr flashing lights I was told means stop driving immediately to prevent damaging motor.

7cameron4 03-29-2017 07:28 PM

I would imagine if it was that bad that the cel would remain flashing or stay lit

crazydmc 03-29-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bybcous (Post 9643046)
This happened to me when my hesders burned a spark plug wire. Something Is wrong. Thr flashing lights I was told means stop driving immediately to prevent damaging motor.

funny we have this huge DIC screen to tell us what song is playing, or when to shift to 4th gear, but it won't explain the BLINKY CEL light?

bybcous 03-29-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7cameron4 (Post 9643069)
I would imagine if it was that bad that the cel would remain flashing or stay lit

Google it. I knew a gm mechanic who told me what it meant. I don't know for sure.

TJay74 03-29-2017 09:04 PM

Flashing check engine light is the misfire notification. If it starts and goes away then it is a random misfire, if it continues and wont go away then stop driving. Check all of the coil pack connections and spark plug connections, pretty easy. If it comes up again I would get with the dealer.

Can be caused by a spark issue, bad gas and several other things.

17txcamaross 03-31-2017 08:13 AM

Well, my car decided to start flashing the check engine light this morning. It began right after entering the freeway. The light flashed on and off for about 30 seconds and then remained off. When I got to work I checked the plug wires and all seemed to be in order. I will be getting some fuel treatment after work and hopefully it does not continue. I just got my car back Tuesday from being at the shop for a transmission shudder!

mustangcrusher1 03-31-2017 08:25 AM

KEEP US INFORMED!!
Thanks

17txcamaross 03-31-2017 12:04 PM

Talked to my service advisor. He stated at this time there is no need to worry.

He said if the check engine light comes on and flashes for only a few seconds it is most likely a low voltage situation. Tried to put it on them flushing the transmission fluid last week. We will see.

If the light comes back on when I leave work I will be back in a loaner again!

TJay74 04-01-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17txcamaross (Post 9646556)
Talked to my service advisor. He stated at this time there is no need to worry.

He said if the check engine light comes on and flashes for only a few seconds it is most likely a low voltage situation. Tried to put it on them flushing the transmission fluid last week. We will see.

If the light comes back on when I leave work I will be back in a loaner again!

Ok, time for you to find a new service advisor. For GM vehicles a flashing "Service Engine" light has be a P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected indication since OBDII came out. It even states it in the owners manual to that affect as well.

And dealers wonder why owners are reluctant to take their vehicles into them for work these days.

EFI Tuning 04-01-2017 09:17 AM

Check all of the coil harnesses to make sure one did t get stressed when you did the intake swap. If you can borrow a scanner you should be able to isolate which cylinder it is.

Bodyslide 07-12-2017 09:42 AM

Down in Florida on vacation, found a nice quiet road, so did a run up to 100, the flashing check engine light occurs. This makes the second time I have seen this happen. I will have it checked once I get back home. Did a few acceleration tests while pulling onto I4 and no flashing.