CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Mustang6G guys are losing it. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428328)

87GNX 11-01-2015 07:56 PM

Mustang6G guys are losing it.

The mustang is no longer the king of streets. I really liked the S197 5.0s as they were lighter and strong for 1/4 mile racing, way better than the 5th gens...but now chevy brought out a true mustang killer. This reminds me of the early 90s when GM brought out the the 350 c.i LT1. That motor destroyed Ford's pushrod 5.0 and now the LT1 will do it again. Ford needs to up the cubic inch game. The coyote is a great engine but it's too small and lacks the serious torque needed. Poor S550 owners when they roll up to a stoplight and meet a new camaro....tune and headers on a 16 ss will be 11 seconds alone. Cam it, and you are looking for low 11's maybe high 10's with the auto.

KMPrenger 11-01-2015 10:13 PM

Please...for the love of God....do not go visit that train wreck of a thread entitled "HOW???" on that forum. The stupidy will blow your mind.....its amazing. I know its just a very small part of the forum, but some of those guys are just sad. So sad.

As I told someone else here earlier....I'd rather not go visit that site, but its like driving by a car wreck....I just can't resist looking.

Every site has their clowns...their uber fanboys...but never in my life have I seen so many gathered in one place.

Pill has got to have multiple sign ons...its the only thing that makes sense. I'm only half joking about that...after seeing him completely making up a story about how MT faked their article and left out the track H2H portion (which was denied and put to bed by an actual Motor Trend editor!) I wouldn't put anything past him.

87GNX 11-02-2015 07:14 AM

Yea I read it...pretty sad. Those guys are clueless. Some think by adding a magical electronic gadget, the trq will appear. Others think if you race the camari enough it will get heatsoak...lol. Fanboys are bad, but the ones there are probably the worst I have ever dealt with. Remember Mustang6, THERE is no replacement for displacement. Ford better up the cubic inch game/add boost or suffer the same result from 1993-2000.

87GNX 11-02-2015 07:14 AM

Yea I read it...pretty sad. Those guys are clueless. Some think by adding a magical electronic gadget, the trq will appear. Others think if you race the camaro enough it will get heatsoak...lol. Fanboys are bad, but the ones there are probably the worst I have ever dealt with. Remember Mustang6, THERE is no replacement for displacement. Ford better up the cubic inch game/add boost or suffer the same result from 1993-2000.

huggercamaro21 11-02-2015 07:40 AM

I enjoy it a lot actually. There are some level headed guys over there. Then there are the complete fanbois that you cannot even talk to. But it is passing the time until my car shows up.

SpeedIsLife 11-02-2015 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87GNX (Post 8714836)
Yea I read it...pretty sad. Those guys are clueless. Some think by adding a magical electronic gadget, the trq will appear. Others think if you race the camaro enough it will get heatsoak...lol. Fanboys are bad, but the ones there are probably the worst I have ever dealt with. Remember Mustang6, THERE is no replacement for displacement. Ford better up the cubic inch game/add boost or suffer the same result from 1993-2000.

The 5.0 is selling well in Europe where engines are taxed on displacement..larger isn't better from a sales point of view there.

As long as the Mustang is selling around 15,000 a month globally..I don't think Ford is going to up - engine themselves out of the market.

Ford is focused on global sales and development..selling 15,000 cars a month worldwide with less performance is better than selling 8,000 cars that are top dig in the fight.

LesserO2Evils 11-02-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife (Post 8714869)
The 5.0 is selling well in Europe where engines are taxed on displacement..larger isn't better from a sales point of view there.

As long as the Mustang is selling around 15,000 a month globally..I don't think Ford is going to up - engine themselves out of the market.

Ford is focused on global sales and development..selling 15,000 cars a month worldwide with less performance is better than selling 8,000 cars that are top dig in the fight.

Gotta agree with this. Ford had always had a seller with the Mustang, even in its eras lacking performance. The name sells. Ford knows that. I dont predict any big changes coming. If its selling- its a winner to them.

Agarc 11-02-2015 08:51 AM

people are starting to act just as bad over here

i_see_st4irs 11-02-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 8714616)
Please...for the love of God....do not go visit that train wreck of a thread entitled "HOW???" on that forum. The stupidy will blow your mind.....its amazing. I know its just a very small part of the forum, but some of those guys are just sad. So sad.

As I told someone else here earlier....I'd rather not go visit that site, but its like driving by a car wreck....I just can't resist looking.

Every site has their clowns...their uber fanboys...but never in my life have I seen so many gathered in one place.

Pill has got to have multiple sign ons...its the only thing that makes sense. I'm only half joking about that...after seeing him completely making up a story about how MT faked their article and left out the track H2H portion (which was denied and put to bed by an actual Motor Trend editor!) I wouldn't put anything past him.

omg i went to that thread on the Mustang vs.... thread and omg the stupidity was real. even though i love the mustang and the Camaro that was possibly some of the worst things i have ever read

ULTRAZLS1 11-02-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agarc (Post 8714960)

BS

Nothing compares to that place that I have ever seen in my twelve years on forums.

Jeffro19 11-02-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agarc (Post 8714960)

Not even close. That site is a different story. Some of those threads I read, WOW.

ChefBorOzzy 11-02-2015 04:27 PM

The only thing bad here is the amount of time we spend bitching about their theories, whining, and conspiracy theories.. Honestly, it's mostly one person that ruins that forum and there are a few that feed of off that person.

essess 11-02-2015 08:45 PM

Brand loyalty is one thing, but brand worship is another. I love my camaro but am fully aware that the other side of the tracks have some great vehicles and if your not familiar with them than you need to do yourself a favor and try on the "competition". I used to have a 10 gt, the "black sheep" of mustangs. I loved every second of driving it. Ive read too many times "oh you had that pos 4.6 3v in it with a 5 speed!". Well, i can tell you 13.2's with just a cai and tune can take out close to 3/4 of your typical friday night croonies at the local drag strip. Loved that car. Love my camaro more, but just trying to prove a point. All of these cars are good. Choose what u choose and be happy with it. Dont be butthurt if the new model in town is faster, its inevitable no matter what brand. Its more fun to be a fan of all the fast cars than it is just your car. This weight conspiracy is rediculous. So what the camaro is faster. If the 6g camaro doesnt kill the mustang in sales, so what!! Enjoy what u drive. No one is going to look down on you when u park at the mall and think "omg becky that mustang is .6 seconds slower than the camaro" or "omg becky the visibility in that camaro is so sh**ty compared to the mustang". When u see the "other guy" at a light, give him a quick wave or thimbs up, and feel good when he gives the same to you. Inapproprietly drunk rant over.

GTIanZ28 11-02-2015 09:07 PM

There is no weight conspiracy. There is a wishy-washy lunatic and a few cohorts that post so much bs over there that it's impossible to keep straight. Best to just ignore those guys..... They'll conspiracy theory 200 lbs and a 1/2 second loss into non-existence.

The new camaro is lighter, faster, and handles better than ..... Well pretty much every comparable car. It's called raising the bar. Chevy just did it as they have done with every new generation of the camaro (80's questionable - but, mustang II?).

All of the lap times, 1/4 mile times, weights, and all the misc bs will be available soon enough. Ignore the idiots.

SpookShow'84 11-02-2015 09:22 PM

What will happen when they launch a new chassis and motor and GM moves the lt1 to 416ci. A stroker zl1 is mind boggling.

hotlap 11-03-2015 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Check this out. Looks like thePill has a staff now. "thePill Inc.", "We" :bellyroll:

brutusvk 11-03-2015 12:19 PM

These folks need a real life. Maybe lack of friends and/or family does this to you. Sad. I picture a teenager to be honest.

BoostedX2 11-03-2015 02:31 PM

Is the Pill an engineer!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Number 3 11-07-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedX2 (Post 8717602)
Is the Pill an engineer!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

He is very good at parroting information on the internet or press releases just well enough to sound like he knows what he is talking about...............to an audience that really knows nothing about engineering an automobile and putting it into production. If you are a super fanboy and have no experience in product development..................he can sound almost factual.

However, I have that experience and education and to me he just sounds like a fanboy that wants to believe his view of the world is true and create a basis of semi facts and fabrications that make it seem plausible.

I've never seen him post his credentials. I have.

But who knows, he could be the Mustang Chief Engineer for all I know.

Not sure why they can't accept the Mustang is a great coupe and if you move up to the GT350 it's also an awesome performance car. They have nothing to be worried about. Just happens the Camaro will run all over a GT regardless of weight conspiracies. And I'm pretty sure you are grasping at straws if you think every major magazine and internet review has been bought and paid for. There should be at least one that would show the Mustang winning something other than trunk space and rear seat room.

huggercamaro21 11-10-2015 12:26 PM

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...34226&page=135

A guy has weighed a base 1SS and it comes exactly what Chevy said it would. Just thought I would let you get your popcorn ready!

KMPrenger 11-10-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 (Post 8729546)

A guy has weighed a base 1SS and it comes exactly what Chevy said it would. Just thought I would let you get your popcorn ready!

He has no where to go now, other than denial, which he can do until someone else (not one of the Find New Roads cars) is weighed again...which will happen.

Whats funny, is that the last time I was looking at that forum, is that Pill was claiming that he was trying to find an ATS-V owner that had one that came in UNDER 3,800 pounds just for GM's sake. He said he had two or three friends/former co-workers/whatever that had them (sure he does...cause there are lots of people that have bought an ATS-V).

He is saying he wants to do this, b/c if the weight difference between the ATS-V and the SS is that much of a difference, that it must be due to differences in the body in white, and that if so, it would be such a huge achievement in structure weight reduction, the likes of which have never been seen before...yes....those are basically his words.

90503 11-10-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

See if that same guy can give us the GVWR and Passenger and Cargo weights from the door jamb stickers....just to see if they match the curb weights.

90503 11-10-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 8729555)
He has no where to go now, other than denial, which he can do until someone else (not one of the Find New Roads cars) is weighed again...which will happen.

Whats funny, is that the last time I was looking at that forum, is that Pill was claiming that he was trying to find an ATS-V owner that had one that came in UNDER 3,800 pounds just for GM's sake. He said he had two or three friends/former co-workers/whatever that had them (sure he does...cause there are lots of people that have bought an ATS-V).

He is saying he wants to do this, b/c if the weight difference between the ATS-V and the SS is that much of a difference, that it must be due to differences in the body in white, and that if so, it would be such a huge achievement in structure weight reduction, the likes of which have never been seen before...yes....those are basically his words.

I think even his fictional insider team has abandoned him...lol...You know, the one that told him about the recent H2H at Luguna Seca....Too bad, though, the cars were never even there...But, onward....

Now, his insider info and superior calculations for the Camaro weight can't possibly be wrong....There must be some new heretofore unheard of metallurgic technology that his Team didn't inform him about....That can be the only real explanation!....

What a shame...all those years of speculating, fact-finding, insider info, superior engineering ability, etc., etc., all for naught....and gone with the wind.

huggercamaro21 11-10-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 8729596)
I think even his fictional insider team has abandoned him...lol...You know, the one that told him about the recent H2H at Luguna Seca....Too bad, though, the cars were never even there...But, onward....

Now, his insider info and superior calculations for the Camaro weight can't possibly be wrong....There must be some new heretofore unheard of metallurgic technology that his Team didn't inform him about....That can be the only real explanation!....

What a shame...all those years of speculating, fact-finding, insider info, superior engineering ability, etc., etc., all for naught....and gone with the wind.

Lol. I cannot wait to see his response. Gonna be fun to see.

shaffe 11-10-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 8729596)

Didn't anyone tell you that the new Camaro must be made from Unobtainium!

SS 1LE 11-10-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

That "guy" is on this forum under a different name FYI...I'll let him say if he wants to.

huggercamaro21 11-10-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS (Post 8729664)
That "guy" is on this forum under a different name FYI...I'll let him say if he wants to.

I know he is someone from here. Not sure who it is. I havent really looked into it lol.

ParisTNDude 11-12-2015 08:49 PM

Just took a few minutes to peruse the Mustang6 site and geesh...you guys are right, the Pill is just full of all kinds and colors of BS...lol. I had an ongoing debate with him back in 2011 about the better car Mustang or Camaro and his obnoxiousness hasn't changed a bit. Ronald Reagan would say this about the Pill:

“It isn't so much that the Pill is ignorant. It's just that he knows so many things that aren't so.”

F N MUSCLE 11-12-2015 10:00 PM

Anyone that refers to himself in the third person is a tool. And anyone that refers to their forum handle in the third person is an even bigger tool.

And that's the bottom line.

Cuz F N Muscle says so.

Ehhhh....maybe I was wrong. It's a forgivable offense. :)

Denis 11-13-2015 07:01 AM

I guess I just don't get it. The Camaro is lighter and faster. end of story. why all the hate about it? these numbers have been confirmed numerous times now.

the next gen mustang will probably be faster the 6th gen. and then guess what? the 7th will be faster than that mustang. its a cycle, some people need to get over it.

I mean GM had a current 5.0 with them during testing, we've all seen the pictures. pretty easy to use that vehicle as a target to beat when you have one right next to the very vehicles you're developing.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400426

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1426692284

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1426692303

GTIanZ28 11-13-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 8734504)
I mean GM had a current 5.0 with them during testing, we've all seen the pictures. pretty easy to use that vehicle as a target to beat when you have one right next to the very vehicles you're developing.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400426

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1426692284

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/attach...1&d=1426692303

All manufacturers do this. It's not just chevy. And it's across all vehicle segments not just sports cars.

90503 11-13-2015 11:13 AM

This is probably old news and elementary to some, and of course to the pill..., but is pretty much in line with thepills engineering skills....Anyone who has read his theories and calculations will appreciate this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0...ature=youtu.be

KMPrenger 11-13-2015 11:26 AM

This thread should get those boys fired up...wonder how long it will take before it gets posted up over there?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429555

Basically the first two cars down the strip, 1 for sure a manual, and they both wooped up on the fastest recorded bone stock Mustang time.

Mr Twisty 11-13-2015 11:50 AM

One thing I'd like to comment on regarding the 6th gen looking too much like the 5th gen...especially from Mustang fanatics...

Really???

Notice any similarities in these photos?

https://pacificoautogroup.files.word...6/mustangs.png

And the 6th gen is more of the same.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but if a Mustang guy wants to critique the Camaro in regards to similarity to the previous generation, it's coal calling the kettle black.

xgnxs 11-13-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 8734967)
This thread should get those boys fired up...wonder how long it will take before it gets posted up over there?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429555

Basically the first two cars down the strip, 1 for sure a manual, and they both wooped up on the fastest recorded bone stock Mustang time.

Ringers. Ringers all around. Still part of Chevy marketing and lies in order to sell more cars. The ones delivered to customers will weigh 3800+ and only make 375 to the wheels...

KaBoom1701 11-13-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xgnxs (Post 8735032)
Ringers. Ringers all around. Still part of Chevy marketing and lies in order to sell more cars. The ones delivered to customers will weigh 3800+ and only make 375 to the wheels...

I agree...maybe Chevy used VW's tuning to bypass the smog crap and gain extra HP's with these media "ringers" you speak about. lol :headbang:

Denis 11-13-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 (Post 8734899)
All manufacturers do this. It's not just chevy. And it's across all vehicle segments not just sports cars.

I understand that. my point was they shouldn't be surprised that this car out performs the mustang. it would be embarrassing for GM if it didn't.

Mr Twisty 11-13-2015 12:00 PM

They also like to chat about how bad the Cadillac is selling..... without mentioning Lincoln. The Navigator is carrying Lincoln sales.

...and talk about UGLY!

http://images.thecarconnection.com/s...00477946_s.jpg

SpeedIsLife 11-13-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Twisty (Post 8735029)
One thing I'd like to comment on regarding the 6th gen looking too much like the 5th gen...especially from Mustang fanatics...

Really???

Notice any similarities in these photos?

https://pacificoautogroup.files.word...6/mustangs.png

And the 6th gen is more of the same.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but if a Mustang guy wants to critique the Camaro in regards to similarity to the previous generation, it's coal calling the kettle black.

Well...for one they repeated the 5th and 6th Generation Mustang pictures..

Battlezone580 11-13-2015 12:21 PM

Lets be honest anyone buying these cars with the intention to race them is not going to keep them stock anyways... With a few simple bolt ons under 3k a 15' Mustang can beat a bone stock 6th Gen SS.

But you buy a car for more than just its hp and quarter mile time... You get the car because you love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xgnxs (Post 8735032)

Any proof to back up that claim? We'll have to wait and see some real dyno and quarter mile times from customers.