CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   11.84 stock SS A8 positive DA (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515909)

BlaqWhole 12-21-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kttxz06 (Post 10018567)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4MiC67seUY

Dear Mustang fanboys......................

:biggrin::lol::pound::thumb::clap::laugh::clap2::t humbsup:

BlaqWhole 12-21-2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islander033 (Post 10018574)
You know what upsets camero guys more than mustangs on a camero forum?

Mustangs at a camero meet. No lies.

And you know what upsets Mustang guys more than our entire forum laughing at them?

12.6!! LOL!! Truth!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by islander033 (Post 10018592)
Ya that'll happen.

This one time, Camero5 had an all muscle cruise in my area. I got invited so I went.

At lunch a few of the blown fif gen guys invited me to do some highway activities.

Turns out they didn't like the results of the activities and I was never invited again for some reason. :iono:

If you're ever out here in NJ...

I extended that offer to SS Friendly but he doesn't have a car...maybe he can hitch a ride with you.

kttxz06 12-21-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islander033 (Post 10018592)
Ya that'll happen.

This one time, Camero5 had an all muscle cruise in my area. I got invited so I went.

At lunch a few of the blown fif gen guys invited me to do some highway activities.

Turns out they didn't like the results of the activities and I was never invited again for some reason. :iono:

Man, I'm just joshin ya. haha. I don't care about this stuff. It's all in good fun. We love messing with ya'll. No hate. I don't care if Mustangs come around me or not. I like them personally, esp the Super Snake. OMG. Fkn sexy.

BlaqWhole 12-21-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kttxz06 (Post 10018650)
Man, I'm just joshin ya. haha. I don't care about this stuff. It's all in good fun. We love messing with ya'll. No hate. I don't care if Mustangs come around me or not. I like them personally, esp the Super Snake. OMG. Fkn sexy.

If I ever get another one it'll be a GT500. Or maybe one of the TT GTs that some of the dealerships sell (like Lebanon Ford) but with an upgraded suspension...and better tires, lol!! Or if I ever got a standard GT I'd have $15K in parts including a blower ready for it. So it would go from the dealership straight to the shop.

2Bowties 12-21-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 10018662)
If I ever get another one it'll be a GT500. Or maybe one of the TT GTs that some of the dealerships sell (like Lebanon Ford) but with an upgraded suspension...and better tires, lol!! Or if I ever got a standard GT I'd have $15K in parts including a blower ready for it. So it would go from the dealership straight to the shop.

Right because you cant work on your own shit

kttxz06 12-21-2017 08:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rDdQUFrXJk

That Gray. OMG. Smoking Hot. But, $100k? No thanks.

kttxz06 12-21-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Bowties (Post 10018664)

Who gives a shit. That's what shops and tuners are for. :laughabove::gossip::bonk:

I'd do the same thing. Dump $15k in it. You'd have a nice 750/800 Hp street car.

BlaqWhole 12-21-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Bowties (Post 10018664)

Hmmm...

Did the cam install on my 03 GT 2 years ago outdoors in November with hand tools. I have the video of the first startup.

I did the GT350 IM/TB swap on my S550 GT with hand tools outdoors. That was around the middle of last year.

FBO on my 5th Gen Camaro SS. Well I did everything except for the UDPs because I didn't have a pulley remover. I did the LTs on that car years ago. I installed the catback on that car in the rain while I had the flu...and did it all in time to get to work that night. When I sold it I removed the LTs, sold them to someone on here, then installed them for him in 2-3 hours with hand tools outdoors.

I did the catback on my ZL1 on ramps earlier this year. I have the first startup video for that.

And way back my buddy and I did a 5.4 conversion in my New Edge GT. that was a fully built engine pushing 15 psi boost. And we did a fully built 4.6 engine pushing 15 psi boost.

Oh and before I sold my 03 GT I did a blower install on it. I did the catback on my S550 GT along with the other stuff I did. I had headers that I was gonna self install but I traded the GT before installing them.

Oh and I did all the work on my 95 GT that had a 351 W conversion. I did the work on my FBO 94 GT convertible as well as my other 94 GT convertible. And the 95 T-Bird with the 4.6 that I had up until about 8 years ago. And I did all my work on the 95 Mark VIII...both of them. And my F150. And I just bought a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0 pushrod engine in it. I'll be picking it up over this weekend. I'll be doing the tuneup and basic shit on it too. I also did plenty of writeups on my installs on the other Mustang forums I was on. And I walked several members on other sites thru cam installs, head installs, etc...all without power tools or air tools or lifts.

So you were saying...

BlaqWhole 12-21-2017 08:59 PM

If you want pics and videos of all of this then I'll gladly post them up when I get the chance. You know, just so you don't think I'm lying.

kttxz06 12-21-2017 09:00 PM

Its' called..........having the $ to let someone else do the work. And I'll personally admit I can't do shit for my car. That's why I pay people. Just like my Xmas lights. People stop and say, sick ass lights. I'm like...........um, thanks. But, I didn't even put them up. When people say bad ass Zl1, I say, thank Chevy, not me. They built it. I didn't.

We can say the same about most of you and everyone on this forum. Smh. Like it's some insult to say.................well, you can't even work on your car. fkn douche.

islander033 12-21-2017 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kttxz06 (Post 10018650)

It’s cool dude. I was just relaying a humorous true story. I ran 4 of them in a row. Not one came close. Lol

Ps. Did yall see the times that zl1 1LE put down in that vid above?
12.8 is pretty good for a stick car?

BlaqWhole 12-21-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kttxz06 (Post 10018694)
Its' called..........having the $ to let someone else do the work. And I'll personally admit I can't do shit for my car. That's why I pay people. Just like my Xmas lights. People stop and say, sick ass lights. I'm like...........um, thanks. But, I didn't even put them up. When people say bad ass Zl1, I say, thank Chevy, not me. They built it. I didn't.

We can say the same about most of you and everyone on this forum. Smh. Like it's some insult to say.................well, you can't even work on your car. fkn douche.

I started doing the work on my stuff because when I first got involved with cars I didn't have much money. So I could scrape to get the parts but I couldn't pay someone to do the installs. So I learned little by little until i was assembling engines. I almost started taking apart transmissions to see if I could put them back together properly. As time went by I realized how much money I saved over time doing my own work, lol!! So now I actually can pay someone to do it for me but I still prefer doing it myself. I get free oil changes on my cars but I would rather buy the oil and do it myself. But I don't knock someone for paying for labor. These cars are getting more and more complicated. And it is much easier to mess shit up these days.

I won't do much to these cars I have now because I'm not voiding my warranty on them. As far as troll boys comment about me not doing the work, lol, well I have nothing to prove. If a shop gave me a good price on an install and tune then I'd drop the car off and tell them to call me when they're done. I don't have time or the patience anymore to sit around with a car in pieces and parts all over the place wondering if and when I'll have time to put it all back together. My job can have me busy for weeks. Take something apart and it could be sitting for months before I have a long enough stretch of time off to complete it.

kttxz06 12-21-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islander033 (Post 10018702)
It’s cool dude. I was just relaying a humorous true story. I ran 4 of them in a row. Not one came close. Lol

Ps. Did yall see the times that zl1 1LE put down in that vid above?
12.8 is pretty good for a stick car?

Eh, i wouldn't consider that good. The trap speed is tho. Too much aero for me to even take that car serious on a drag strip. Honestly. It's a purposely built track car that is whopping everyone's ass on the track right now.

But, 12.8. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I personally think that sux. haha. But, hey, I prob couldn't do any better. That's why I have an auto.

I don't know who the driver was, was it stock? Who knows. I'd imagine with a driver mod I'd think it's a low 12? Shit, I don't even know what the avg stock Zl1 is running right now.

I know when I posted up my video, I ran Lund's trap of 116 in 10.46 and as mentioned, that was a roll in throttle, no launch. No prep. On the street. And I hit rev limiter twice so. I should of trapped right at low low 10's. Maybe high 9's. I would imagine hitting limiter twice cost me short a good .5 second so. But, I'm Houston stock so.

72MachOne99GT 12-21-2017 09:47 PM

If you’ve never had to swap an OHC cylinder head because you spit out a plug because you replaced spark plugs on a slightly warm aluminum-headed engine.....you haven’t lived.