CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Post your 1LE AFTER DELIVERY pics here. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475453)

brap999 04-27-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakout (Post 10164034)
Holy wow I am SO jealous. This is exactly what I want. 2018 ZL1 1LE HBM with the A10. I want to ask what you got it for but I'll restrain myself.

Now all it needs is smoked side markers to complete the look. :D

I don't mind telling, I got it for 69K. The Chevrolet dealership in Tysons wouldn't budge on price and were firm on MSRP (it was identical to the one I ended up buying). Then another one I found somewhere locally (I can't remember now) someone from NY beat me too it before I could purchase it (it was white).

I found this one at Jerry's Chevrolet in Leesburg. They were super friendly and had a special internet price which was something like 4k off. I bought it on the spot, figuring I wouldn't find a deal too much better in this area. Had to wait a few weeks for it to arrive, but so I happy I did.

And yes I agree on the smoke side markers, and I need to tint the glass too.

brap999 04-27-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cgocifer (Post 10163762)
Nice! Now you just need to find some nice roads away from the craziness of Alexandria (DC metro area). I lived there for a year until I escaped to Bel Air, MD. So much more breathing room up here. ;-)

Agreed. Its funny the stiff suspension isn't "that noticeable" until you hit some of the really bad roads in the area, then you realize what kind of suspension you have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cgocifer (Post 10164327)
Way too many big rigs and they take up all lanes. Stay in the slow lane, ugh.

One had a tire blow out and completely desintigrate last week. Luckily I was in my truck when I ran over the debris. Would have ripped the splitter clean off of the camaro. I bought this car to drive and have fun commuting with a couple times per week, but it's now sidelined for local drives occasionally on weekends when I have some free time due to the rocks, trucks, and idiot drivers on 95. Blah!

I've driven the car only 3 times in the past week, and always in the 'off hours' when there aren't many people out. My daily driver takes a beating in the VA/DC/MD area during the regular hours, I'm terrified what could happen to the 1LE with the insane BS that happens on the roads. My DD has probably had 3 screws in the tires just this past year alone, I'd hate to get one in the 1LE's tire

Quote:

Originally Posted by thamunkee (Post 10163831)
Love the look of the blue on that car. Seems different than the other SS and 1LE's i've seen in blue. Maybe the ZL1 badge or that hood just sets it apart. :headbang:

I was never a 'blue' car guy, but you're right there is something about the blue/black on the ZL1 and the expose carbon fiber that just blends well together. I love it.

Mountain 05-01-2018 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up new (to me) a few weeks ago. Picture before I drive off.

nametaken 05-05-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain (Post 10169369)
Picked up new (to me) a few weeks ago. Picture before I drive off.

Love it!

VernR 05-05-2018 07:10 PM

Finally arrived

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 933934

Attachment 933935

Attachment 933936

Directly from dealership to detailing to get correction, Xpel and Ceramic Pro. One more week and on the road....

Boost Creep 05-05-2018 07:16 PM

Love the color!

Cgocifer 05-06-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VernR (Post 10174556)
Attachment 933934

Attachment 933935

Attachment 933936

Directly from dealership to detailing to get correction, Xpel and Ceramic Pro. One more week and on the road....

U having the hood vinyl ceramic coated? My detail shop does high end cars. Had a 911 GT3, 3 AMGs and an aventador and he insists that I should let him coat the vinyl hood wrap and that it won't change the sheen at all. I'm not buying it. I'm thinking there is no way ceramic won't add gloss to the flat black vinyl.

Cgocifer 05-06-2018 05:05 PM

Did some research. Apparently, it is used on matte all the time and doesn't change the sheen. Weird stuff.

fishjr8 05-07-2018 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cgocifer (Post 10175292)
Did some research. Apparently, it is used on matte all the time and doesn't change the sheen. Weird stuff.

Had mine done with Car Pro UK and topped with Car Pro Silica Reload ...

VAZL1 05-07-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishjr8 (Post 10176272)

Looks good:headbang: CQuartz and reload are awesome products.

Cgocifer 05-07-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishjr8 (Post 10176272)

I see that you have the 1LE hash Mark's too. I was worried that the ceramic coating would blend the sheen too much to see them. Looks good.

VernR 05-07-2018 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cgocifer (Post 10175290)
U having the hood vinyl ceramic coated? My detail shop does high end cars. Had a 911 GT3, 3 AMGs and an aventador and he insists that I should let him coat the vinyl hood wrap and that it won't change the sheen at all. I'm not buying it. I'm thinking there is no way ceramic won't add gloss to the flat black vinyl.

I just talked with the shop and they do the wraps all the time and he is doing the hood. On a side note, I can’t believe how scratched the paint was after delivery. The dealer attempt at a wax job hid most of it but I am really glad I went right to the detailing shop after delivery. He has the majority of the scratches out so far but some are pretty deep. I think the deeper ones will be mostly hidden and it will look amazing when he is done.

Can’t wait to actually drive this thing :thumb:

chinospikes_35 05-07-2018 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
picked her up a couple weeks ago, first camaro!

Boost Creep 05-08-2018 06:33 AM

Love the random piston and rod just hanging out next to the pole.