CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos | Videos | Renderings (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Official BLACK 6th Gen Camaro Thread (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417603)

neckbrace 09-21-2023 09:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My 2023 ZL1 coupe. Took the wife out to dinner last night and found an open spot next to a widebody Challenger. Figured a car enthusiast is less likely to leave a door ding.

I had a 2024 on order but I was getting nervous it wasn't going to be built with the looming UAW strike and a short production run. I wasn't thrilled about the $5000 increase in pricing for a 2024 over a 2023, either.

I found this one in stock not too far from me and no ADM tacked onto the price. It has a sunroof which I wouldn't have ordered but otherwise was the same as the car I had on order. Figured I should probably jump on it while it was available.

I'm planning to tint the windows and PPF but otherwise I'm leaving it alone. Its a pretty amazing car. Baby seat fits pretty well in the middle of the backseat in case anyone was wondering.

HankVA 10-10-2023 02:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Loving this car. Yes, black gets dirty really fast, but I have no regrets.

302crossram 10-10-2023 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankVA (Post 11367669)

sweet, OE 1LE's?

do I see copper free brakes ? :thumbup:

CTRifecta 10-11-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankVA (Post 11367669)

Very interesting spec! Basically a 1LE without the eLSD, aero, and magride is that correct?

What was the MSRP of your spec if you don't mind sharing?

HankVA 10-12-2023 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 302crossram (Post 11367691)
sweet, OE 1LE's?

do I see copper free brakes ? :thumbup:

Yes, definitely. The ZL1 brakes are awesome. Yes, 1LE OEM wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTRifecta (Post 11367942)
Very interesting spec! Basically a 1LE without the eLSD, aero, and magride is that correct?

What was the MSRP of your spec if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks. Yeah, there's some things I didn't like about the 1LE package, so I spec'd it out to fit my needs and had to leave the eDiff and PDR on the table. MSRP was $56,245.

2SS 6spd w/ magnetic ride, 1LE suspension upgrade, strut tower brace, NPP, ZL1 rear spoiler, ZL1 brakes, gen 1 ground effects kit and lastly, aluminum alloy pedals. Picked up the 1LE wheels after taking delivery of the car.

The aero stuff is all from GM performance. That spoiler, front lip and side skirts are designed to reduce lift by 61% ... not sure at what speed, though.

I'll be at VIR testing it out in the Spring and I can't wait.

dfwcowboy 10-20-2023 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My two favorite toys.

HankVA 10-25-2023 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfwcowboy (Post 11371094)
My two favorite toys.

Gorgeous ride!

HankVA 10-30-2023 09:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Had to share a couple more pics of my new '24 SS. I spent many hours detailing/paint correcting over the last few days and topped it off with a ceramic treatment to set the paint up right for many years to come.

I used all Chemical Guys products ... and my 54 year old back (ha). It should be a lot easier to keep clean now. The paint surface feels super slick.

2SS Capt 10-30-2023 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankVA (Post 11374282)
Had to share a couple more pics of my new '24 SS. I spent many hours detailing/paint correcting over the last few days and topped it off with a ceramic treatment to set the paint up right for many years to come.

I used all Chemical Guys products ... and my 54 year old back (ha). It should be a lot easier to keep clean now. The paint surface feels super slick.

Looks AWESOME!!!

I hear ya on the back, I just spent 3 days detailing and ceramic coating my daughters 2024 Kia Seltos, my 55 year old back was not happy about it, but worth the effort!

HankVA 10-30-2023 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS Capt (Post 11374360)
Looks AWESOME!!!

I hear ya on the back, I just spent 3 days detailing and ceramic coating my daughters 2024 Kia Seltos, my 55 year old back was not happy about it, but worth the effort!

Thank you! I bet the Kia does as well. :thumbup:

CadiGti 10-30-2023 03:50 PM

Your Camaro looks great!

Did you change out the tires to Continental? If so just curious which tire, if it is run flat, and how you like them

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankVA (Post 11374282)

HankVA 10-30-2023 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CadiGti (Post 11374423)
Your Camaro looks great!

Did you change out the tires to Continental? If so just curious which tire, if it is run flat, and how you like them

Thanks!

Thank you!

CON EXTREME CONTACT DWS06 PLUS

I really like them so far. They're very capable for All-Seasons! They'll stay on until Spring and then I will swap them to Pilot 4Ss.

I upgraded the wheels to the wider 1LE OEMs and I still have the SS OEM wheels with the Good Year run flats that I will sell as a set in the Spring.

I've been a Michelin fan for years, having great experiences with their tires. But the price has gone up significantly, and Continentals now have nearly the same review stats as Michelins, so I decided to save a few bucks and give them a shot for the off season set. I've put about 2k on them and so far so good.

BatMobileLT1 11-26-2023 09:19 AM

Any Black Camaro's go with MRR M017 1LE replica wheels in Black or Gunmetal?

I am thinking of upgrading to the MRR M017 1LE replica wheels over this winter (esp. if there is a good sale on them) as I love the look of them and (would be cool to have set of wider summer tires).
I was wondering if there any of owners of Black Camaro's that went with MMR M017 in either gunmetal (which is supposed to be close to the OEM 1LE color) or the pure black that could post pictures?

I have OEM Carbon Flash wheels now so first was thinking of just going with black color to keep my full black out look but the 1LE OEM dark grey color looks great and is a little different/unique so just looking for any pics/recommendations?

HankVA 11-29-2023 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatMobileLT1 (Post 11382943)
I am thinking of upgrading to the MRR M017 1LE replica wheels over this winter (esp. if there is a good sale on them) as I love the look of them and (would be cool to have set of wider summer tires).
I was wondering if there any of owners of Black Camaro's that went with MMR M017 in either gunmetal (which is supposed to be close to the OEM 1LE color) or the pure black that could post pictures?

I have OEM Carbon Flash wheels now so first was thinking of just going with black color to keep my full black out look but the 1LE OEM dark grey color looks great and is a little different/unique so just looking for any pics/recommendations?

I posted my SS with OEM 1LE wheels a few posts ago, and I thought I saw some in an earlier thread for black MMRs. I think this is it ...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...&postcount=501