CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro Convertible (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=301)
-   -   Let's see all the convertibles (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478812)

MattG_1031 09-15-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinjlm (Post 11070222)
DISPATCH: Dispatch to highway patrol. Dispatch to highway patrol. Be on the lookout for a convertible sports car headed your way at a high rate of speed.

HWY PATROL: Roger that. Can you help me out with a color?

DISPATCH: <silence>

HWY PARTOL: Hellooooo! Color please? Anybody? Bueller?

:laugh::laugh: Knew posting it on here would give me the best replies! There's not hiding in that car

Yaz8 09-15-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ember1205 (Post 11070227)
DISPATCH: Uh... Vehicle owner listed as ROY G BIV. Over and out.

LOL

Suidae 01-24-2022 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1090138

oilgear 02-23-2022 04:38 PM

2017 50th ss.

1 Attachment(s)
Beach shot.

Speak99 02-23-2022 06:12 PM

Top up??????

ember1205 02-24-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speak99 (Post 11137901)
Top up??????

You mean like yours is? In your profile pic? :)

Speak99 02-24-2022 11:16 AM

It was cold that day.:thumbup:

ember1205 02-24-2022 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speak99 (Post 11138191)
It was cold that day.:thumbup:

Of course it was! It's Canada! lol

I'm actually looking forward to getting back to traveling periodically for work... I'll be in the GTA from time to time (along with Montreal and maybe even Alberta) to work with my team.

GXP08jrf 03-01-2022 09:38 AM

New to me drop top

4 Attachment(s)
New to me BVM over Kalahari, 2LT with LGX auto. Blue top. Picked it up at a local dealership off trade back in November after searching for a LTG drop top for a few months. I had already made arrangements to have one shipped from out of state when this one popped up in my searches. I was extremely happy with the 2.0T in the ATS that this Camaro replaced. I felt the drivability of the turbo 4 is better, especially after a mild tune, than the V6 even if the numbers don't bear that out. LTG pickings were pretty slim after factoring in mileage, price and need of HUD & RS packages and the potential of having to ship or travel to get what we wanted (forget it if you want the 3rd pedal! I have a 4th Gen if I need to row gears), so I added the LGX to the search mix. We hadn’t been looking for or even really aware of the color combo until we saw this one. Our ATS was also BVM (or Dark Adriatic Blue in Caddy lingo), so we were already aware of the color’s characteristics. It cleans up nice, but there are quite a few minor cosmetic issues that will warrant attention.

List of upgrades waiting for warm weather to install: Brembos up front (12.6” rotors with the J55 option) ZL1 rockers (waiting on paint). Replace broken top “slider” panel. Soler TB, SEMA grill, black bowties, front bumper extension and eventually shed the terrible run flats. I already have a compatible Modern Spare from the ATS for longer trips, Thanks to the forum for providing spare tire packaging tips.

I would like a set of SS 1LE wheels or ZL1 replicas, but will probably settle on OEM 20x9.5's out back (If I can find them) when I decide to replace the OEM RFTs.

Yes, that's a car seat in the back. Tight fit, but the daughter seemed to be OK with it (for now).

TP2SS 03-06-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GXP08jrf (Post 11140025)
New to me BVM over Kalahari, 2LT with LGX auto. Blue top. Picked it up at a local dealership off trade back in November after searching for a LTG drop top for a few months. I had already made arrangements to have one shipped from out of state when this one popped up in my searches. I was extremely happy with the 2.0T in the ATS that this Camaro replaced. I felt the drivability of the turbo 4 is better, especially after a mild tune, than the V6 even if the numbers don't bear that out. LTG pickings were pretty slim after factoring in mileage, price and need of HUD & RS packages and the potential of having to ship or travel to get what we wanted (forget it if you want the 3rd pedal! I have a 4th Gen if I need to row gears), so I added the LGX to the search mix. We hadn’t been looking for or even really aware of the color combo until we saw this one. Our ATS was also BVM (or Dark Adriatic Blue in Caddy lingo), so we were already aware of the color’s characteristics. It cleans up nice, but there are quite a few minor cosmetic issues that will warrant attention.

List of upgrades waiting for warm weather to install: Brembos up front (12.6” rotors with the J55 option) ZL1 rockers (waiting on paint). Replace broken top “slider” panel. Soler TB, SEMA grill, black bowties, front bumper extension and eventually shed the terrible run flats. I already have a compatible Modern Spare from the ATS for longer trips, Thanks to the forum for providing spare tire packaging tips.

I would like a set of SS 1LE wheels or ZL1 replicas, but will probably settle on OEM 20x9.5's out back (If I can find them) when I decide to replace the OEM RFTs.

Yes, that's a car seat in the back. Tight fit, but the daughter seemed to be OK with it (for now).

Beautiful car! You won’t get that modern spare in the trunk with the top down, so plan on a fixit kit or AAA!

I have a set of ‘16 SS silver painted split spokes with 3k miles on them I’ve been thinking of getting rid of. Mint condition. Same wheels you have but silver instead of grey. PM me if interested.

DeltaEliteMan 03-07-2022 07:48 PM

Are there any pics of convertible 6th Gen ZL1's with rollbars installed?

GroundhogSS 03-08-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP2SS (Post 11142598)
Beautiful car! You won’t get that modern spare in the trunk with the top down, so plan on a fixit kit or AAA!

Actually, with the top down, you have about 8 inches of room. I remember someone posting a few years ago that a modern spare will fit under the top. I keep an air pump, a small jack and lots of other stuff there year round.

Chutzpah 03-08-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroundhogSS (Post 11143304)
Actually, with the top down, you have about 8 inches of room. I remember someone posting a few years ago that a modern spare will fit under the top. I keep an air pump, a small jack and lots of other stuff there year round.

Yep, it will fit… of course, you have to remove the divider to do so.

TP2SS 03-08-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chutzpah (Post 11143422)
Yep, it will fit… of course, you have to remove the divider to do so.

How did you circumvent the sensors that won't let the top retract if the divider isn't place? I'm assuming it's some sort of proximity sensor that detects the presence of the clip on the tab. If it's just proximity that could be solved by hacking up a divider and just putting the clips on the tabs. What I don't know is if there's some sort of continuity circuit that connect the upper clips with the lower, making all 4 needing to be in place, with a circuit connecting them.

I'm going to get some non RFs at some point and plan to take some longer trips in areas that could take roadside service a hours-long wait. That's not too appealing!