CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Why GM Is Killing The Chevy Camaro After 57 Years (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616839)

Martinjlm 06-10-2023 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamala00 (Post 11324510)
Another thread turned into yet another EV discussion... Will people never learn that EV discussions are no different then politics or religion discussions. People are on one side or the other and you are not going to convince anyone of anything... No matter how many times you repeat it.

:doh:

So much truth.

Mike818 06-10-2023 10:11 AM

For some reason this iteration of "EV vs ICE" argument to me has some serious Vinyl vs. CD vibes.

One persons "warmth" is another persons noise etc etc....

Turns out none of that even mattered, everyone* streams music they don't even own now.

Own Nothing. Be Happy........./s

* Obviously not you Jim Bob, im talking about the youths not claiming SS yet.

bigd1276 06-10-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamala00 (Post 11324510)
Another thread turned into yet another EV discussion... Will people never learn that EV discussions are no different then politics or religion discussions. People are on one side or the other and you are not going to convince anyone of anything... No matter how many times you repeat it.

:doh:

Respectfully disagree. You can be on both sides, as long as there remains the choice.

Number 3 06-10-2023 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd (Post 11324515)
I wouldn’t cross the street to piss on Mary’s head if it was on fire.

Guessing you don’t own GM stock, lol.

Number 3 06-10-2023 01:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 11324556)
You should review your numerous posts condescendingly calling NVH "vroom vroom" in response to those who enjoy it in their ICE cars as if it's an insignificant feature to be ignored in favor of EV acceptance.

It’s not condescending. Go back and read allllllll the other posts supporting the sound of a sweet exhaust. I’ve stated many, many times how I miss the exhaust of my SS sedan.

I’m merely pointing out that it’s the last hang up.

If typing vroom vroom is interpreted as condescending I’ll find some other way to convey exhaust noise.

Number 3 06-10-2023 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinjlm (Post 11324561)
Because of the shadow area issue. Cruze sales were still very good when GM canceled it. But it didn’t work in CAFE planning because the small shadow area (the area between the tire contact patches) required an all but unattainable mpg target. GM does have several “low roof” EV concepts in the works, including a Buick (currently no cars) and maybe two or more Chevrolets. One is most likely a Camaro.

I get the formula, but all of the OEMs from Asia seem to have kept their cars AND SUVs.

Martinjlm 06-10-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 11324627)
I get the formula, but all of the OEMs from Asia seem to have kept their cars AND SUVs.

They didn’t have to balance 1/2 ton pickups and full size SUVs (until recently) so they could actually field CAFE compliant car portfolios. Even though Car and Truck fleets are measured separately, there is some sharing of credits across the two. The domestics had actually fallen into positions of using Truck fleet over performance to offset Car fleet under performance. So they gradually got rid of cars that don’t do well in the shadow area scheme (Cruze, Focus, Fiesta).

arpad_m 06-10-2023 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinjlm (Post 11324643)
They didn’t have to balance 1/2 ton pickups and full size SUVs (until recently) so they could actually field CAFE compliant car portfolios. Even though Car and Truck fleets are measured separately, there is some sharing of credits across the two. The domestics had actually fallen into positions of using Truck fleet over performance to offset Car fleet under performance. So they gradually got rid of cars that don’t do well in the shadow area scheme (Cruze, Focus, Fiesta).

A germane example of how government intervention invariably 1) distorts the market by moving goalposts arbitrarily and 2) achieves the opposite of the stated goal, ie helping the environment—manufacturers moved towards big, polluting, gas guzzling SUVs and truck because those were exempt or less affected by regulation.

ember1205 06-10-2023 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11324646)
A germane example of how government intervention invariably 1) distorts the market by moving goalposts arbitrarily and 2) achieves the opposite of the stated goal, ie helping the environment—manufacturers moved towards big, polluting, gas guzzling SUVs and truck because those were exempt or less affected by regulation.

And now the move to EV's is simply moving the pollution to the generation plants. EV's do not represent independence from fossil fuels when we are still burning fossil fuels to generate the electricity.

And let's not even start down the path of much is "costs" our environment to produce the batteries in the first place...

90503 06-10-2023 04:56 PM

Funny how this "shadow" business was never mentioned as a justification for ending sedans like the Cruz. It was going to be replaced with the Blazer SUV. It was always that sedans were out of favor and SUVs were all the public was "choosing" to buy. Guess there was more to it. Even early EVs designed as sedans was explained away as being in the works and built before sedans became unpopular....lol

My how stories change. This whole automotive world is complete croc with EVs leading they way.

Don't forget...: 2 + 2 = 5.

AZCamaroFan 06-10-2023 05:28 PM

Quote:

my anger hasn't gotten past the 2019 "stylists"

302crossram 06-10-2023 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looks green to me

Joshinator99 06-10-2023 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11324646)

:word:

triggerjerk 06-10-2023 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 302crossram (Post 11324674)
looks green to me

Don't forget the starving children in africa mining cobalt by hand.
So progressive and caring!