CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Camaro ZL1 1LE Arrived with Quality Issues and Dealer Kept my Deposit (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516808)

ninetres 12-27-2017 10:11 AM

Sometimes google/yelp will hide reviews they feel are not genuine, over the top, or maybe even second hand information.

In regards to the attorney, it will absolutely be worth your time if it comes to that. An attorney wouldn’t get involved for the simple $1,000. They will seek reimbursement for the deposit, their retainer and fees, time lost from work, compensation for stress etc. The lawsuit will show up for $10,000+, and the dealership will likely have to settle in the neighborhood of $4-6k. You’d come away with $2-3k, attorney keeps the rest.

I think the CC dispute is an open and shut case though. They’ll give you the deposit back...especially if you have good credit history with them.

Infern0 12-27-2017 10:16 AM

The Google review doesn't appear online for over 24 hours - sometimes 72 depending on the review. I use them regularly (lvl 6 guide) for both good and bad.

Just as a recommendation, if you haven't already, make sure you include something about your encounter with the GM. Based on their response to all other negative reviews suggesting a conversation with the GM to save public face, you don't want them to be able to simply reply with that, giving the public the impression they wanted to voluntarily make this right.

travislambert 12-27-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninetres (Post 10023458)
Sometimes google/yelp will hide reviews they feel are not genuine, over the top, or maybe even second hand information.

In regards to the attorney, it will absolutely be worth your time if it comes to that. An attorney wouldn’t get involved for the simple $1,000. They will seek reimbursement for the deposit, their retainer and fees, time lost from work, compensation for stress etc. The lawsuit will show up for $10,000+, and the dealership will likely have to settle in the neighborhood of $4-6k. You’d come away with $2-3k, attorney keeps the rest.

I think the CC dispute is an open and shut case though. They’ll give you the deposit back...especially if you have good credit history with them.

I never had a contract with the dealership. That makes it really easy for me to get my money back, but it's a double-edge sword. Since we don't have a contract, I don't believe I'm entitled to any damages. I'd have to check the laws in VA to be sure, but that's pretty much how it works in WV.

ag1leSS 12-27-2017 01:08 PM

Sounds like to me house and his buddies have took that grand on a big night out lol

ZL1 1LE 12-28-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterman (Post 10023174)
I've been thinking about this.

I recall seeing in the forums six months ago or so, about the first ZL1 1LE deliveries all being conducted in covered carriers. I believe that it was determined that the ride height/approach angle would not allow delivery by train or standard open carrier. A few months after that I recall seeing photos posted in the forums of 1LE's on standard carriers, but only in the last (back)positions (top and bottom) on the trailer. GM is a for profit venture, I get it. They found a way to reduce delivery cost and time.

Now we are seeing 1LE's being delivered in winter months in that same trailered position. Undoubtedly, subjected to every atomized drop of road salt spray that the rig can pick up and throw. The car on the bottom position may as well be driving on the wet salted pavement. If the delivery takes a week, the saline residue has been working it's magic the entire 7 days. That may explain the unacceptably absurd amount of corrosion on a brand new $74,000.00 car.

With all due respect to GM and Chevrolet, if all $56K Stingrays and $66K Grand Sports are delivered via covered carrier, shouldn't all $64K+ ZL1's be delivered in the same manner. As we are paying the same cost, if not more for a similar (if not higher) level of performance. Perhaps Chevy could at least make it an available option. I believe that most of us would gladly pay a premium to avoid what your dealer tried to push off on you Travis.

What are your thoughts?

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I can't help but feel for you. My TPW is at the end of January. I'm not worried about the ship transit, modern oceanic auto transport is top notch. Lansing to Long Beach in February-March will most likely be an extremely salty journey. I'll be losing sleep, and potentially a $5000 deposit if mine arrives in that condition.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.

I believe that we've seen open carriers full of nothing but ZL1 1LEs.

ZL1 1LE 12-28-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travislambert (Post 10023434)
Not a bad idea, but I'm confident the CC dispute will be enough to get my money back. If not I'll just hire an attorney to take care of it. Even though it's not at all cost effective vs. using the attorney general, it'll likely get resolved quicker. None of this is really about the money anyway. I simply refuse to let dishonest people take advantage of me.

I'm glad to see someone say this. If I had a nickel for every "stupid" thing that I've done on principal...

MostlyHarmless 12-28-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterman (Post 10023174)
I've been thinking about this.

I recall seeing in the forums six months ago or so, about the first ZL1 1LE deliveries all being conducted in covered carriers. I believe that it was determined that the ride height/approach angle would not allow delivery by train or standard open carrier. A few months after that I recall seeing photos posted in the forums of 1LE's on standard carriers, but only in the last (back)positions (top and bottom) on the trailer. GM is a for profit venture, I get it. They found a way to reduce delivery cost and time.

Now we are seeing 1LE's being delivered in winter months in that same trailered position. Undoubtedly, subjected to every atomized drop of road salt spray that the rig can pick up and throw. The car on the bottom position may as well be driving on the wet salted pavement. If the delivery takes a week, the saline residue has been working it's magic the entire 7 days. That may explain the unacceptably absurd amount of corrosion on a brand new $74,000.00 car.

With all due respect to GM and Chevrolet, if all $56K Stingrays and $66K Grand Sports are delivered via covered carrier, shouldn't all $64K+ ZL1's be delivered in the same manner. As we are paying the same cost, if not more for a similar (if not higher) level of performance. Perhaps Chevy could at least make it an available option. I believe that most of us would gladly pay a premium to avoid what your dealer tried to push off on you Travis.

What are your thoughts?

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I can't help but feel for you. My TPW is at the end of January. I'm not worried about the ship transit, modern oceanic auto transport is top notch. Lansing to Long Beach in February-March will most likely be an extremely salty journey. I'll be losing sleep, and potentially a $5000 deposit if mine arrives in that condition.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.

Waterman - slightly off topic, but I don't think Corvettes are delivered in covered transport either (at least I know my 2015 Z51 wasn't, they may have changed since then) - so I think GM has the same treatment for all vehicles. And let's not forget that a fully loaded Suburban can top $80K or $90K and they are also delivered on a regular transporter.

Travis - good luck. You are a guy I can relate to. The $1,000 is not the issue. Honesty and integrity are the issue and you should make them suffer for it!

Mark

laborsmith 12-28-2017 02:59 PM

Corvettes go by open carrier but are covered by virtually non-reusable car covers.

Laborsmith

Ian SS 12-28-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 10024802)
Corvettes go by open carrier but are covered by virtually non-reusable car covers.

Laborsmith

This. Not a single speck of paint is exposed to the elements.

Richard0nee 12-28-2017 03:49 PM

Unbelievable!

Your credit card should be able to refund the deposit. I'm out of words with the sales manager's response. I understand if it was custom ordered, unique as hell, something the dealer would have a hard time to sell and there is nothing wrong with it.. Then if you just changed your mind last minute just because they may have a slight case in trying to keep your deposit.

However this isn't the case.. fail.com

waterman 12-28-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE (Post 10024714)
I believe that we've seen open carriers full of nothing but ZL1 1LEs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless (Post 10024761)
Waterman - slightly off topic, but I don't think Corvettes are delivered in covered transport either (at least I know my 2015 Z51 wasn't, they may have changed since then) - so I think GM has the same treatment for all vehicles. And let's not forget that a fully loaded Suburban can top $80K or $90K and they are also delivered on a regular transporter.

Travis - good luck. You are a guy I can relate to. The $1,000 is not the issue. Honesty and integrity are the issue and you should make them suffer for it!

Mark

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 10024802)

Laborsmith

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian SS (Post 10024821)
This. Not a single speck of paint is exposed to the elements.

Thanks for the info. I stand corrected.

mlee 12-30-2017 09:43 AM

Just now saw this and it makes my blood boil listening to that 1st post video.

Everyone knows these deposits are fully refundable.

This is why we use BeckyD. No BS like this.

travislambert 12-30-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10026391)
Just now saw this and it makes my blood boil listening to that 1st post video.

Everyone knows these deposits are fully refundable.

This is why we use BeckyD. No BS like this.

Yeah. I thought these guys were going to be okay, and they already had the exact car I wanted ordered. It's funny how quickly they'll turn on you once an issue arises.

With my current ZL1, Becky had all of her foreseeable allocations spoken for by the time I asked. I was late to the ZL1 1LE party, so I assumed all of her allocations would be spoken for this time too.

I haven't had the opportunity to buy a car from Becky, but I've heard nothing but positive feedback from the people who have. It'd be interesting to see how many cars she'd sell if it weren't for the limited allocations.

mlee 12-30-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travislambert (Post 10026412)
Yeah. I thought these guys were going to be okay, and they already had the exact car I wanted ordered. It's funny how quickly they'll turn on you once an issue arises.

With my current ZL1, Becky had all of her foreseeable allocations spoken for by the time I asked. I was late to the ZL1 1LE party, so I assumed all of her allocations would be spoken for this time too.

I haven't had the opportunity to buy a car from Becky, but I've heard nothing but positive feedback from the people who have. It'd be interesting to see how many cars she'd sell if it weren't for the limited allocations.

I always check in with her first and like you wasn't able to get in but had my name on a list here early so it was all good. Unfortunately GM doesn't do her any favors as other dealers would complain. I'm sure she takes a negative hit there sometimes. I did purchase a truck from her and it was a super smooth deal. Then the next truck was a Texas Edition and they can't sell those outside TX so I had t buy local.

Glad to see someone actually walk away on something like this. I know it's not easy but I would do exactly the same. I can't believe the way that sleezeball spoke to what could have been a life long customer.