CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Great Lakes (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Chicago Roll call! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481315)

MrImSoFly 02-05-2018 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chicago/Orland Park checking again.

killervette666 02-05-2018 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all! northsider here in Evanston!

Would actually like to ask for a little favor, I've got a 17 1SS but I'm in the process of upgrading to a ZL1. My wife really likes the cloth seats in my SS and I'm a little worried about the Recaros being a little too firm/tight with the side bolsters. Anyone in the area that has an SS 1LE or ZL1 that we could stop by and have her have a seat for a bit? Just want to make sure she's comfortable with them before making the jump and we wouldn't even have to drive it or anything. I'm doing a private purchase from the East Coast on a really good deal so there's not a chance to test drive it first and the dealerships won't even let you touch a ZL1 without an hour of negotiation and a credit check. Thanks!

Lugnutty 02-06-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killervette666 (Post 10067830)
Hi all! northsider here in Evanston!

... Anyone in the area that has an SS 1LE or ZL1 that we could stop by and have her have a seat for a bit?

I work in Evanston and I drive the Camaro (2018 1SS 1LE) to work pretty often. Let me know when you want to see it, I can definitely arrange something. Always nice to meet another friendly Camaro driver :)

Stefano 02-06-2018 09:09 PM

Check out the Chicagonextgen.com club. Lots of fun guys and gals.

Lugnutty 02-07-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefano (Post 10068932)
Check out the Chicagonextgen.com club. Lots of fun guys and gals.

Looks like the site is down with a database error. :(

PhreddT 03-16-2018 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just found this thread scrolling down to look at CF VIII info.
Lookin to put the machine back on the road Sunday:happyanim:

Aperretta 03-19-2018 05:20 PM

Does anyone nearby have a borla s-type or atak installed? I think I want to buy one of these in the next couple of months but would really like to hear them in person.

trohde78 03-20-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aperretta (Post 10114542)
Does anyone nearby have a borla s-type or atak installed? I think I want to buy one of these in the next couple of months but would really like to hear them in person.

Not private, but Autoshowcase on North Ave in Carol Stream has a 50th Anniversary 2SS with a full cat-back ATAK system. It's loud!

Aperretta 03-20-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trohde78 (Post 10115788)
Not private, but Autoshowcase on North Ave in Carol Stream has a 50th Anniversary 2SS with a full cat-back ATAK system. It's loud!

I wonder if they’d entertain me if I showed up and asked. I really need to hear one of these before pulling the trigger. I like loud but there’s a point where it becomes obnoxious. I’ve also heard feedback that it sounds more exotic compare to the s-type. Not sure what to think and YouTube videos aren’t enough.

trohde78 03-20-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aperretta (Post 10116233)
I wonder if they’d entertain me if I showed up and asked. I really need to hear one of these before pulling the trigger. I like loud but there’s a point where it becomes obnoxious. I’ve also heard feedback that it sounds more exotic compare to the s-type. Not sure what to think and YouTube videos aren’t enough.

It sounds really good. But, in my opinion, it was a little over the top for the 7am early morning start up. They are very laid back there and I have never had issues test driving their vehicles. Just not sure how comfortable you would be knowing that you have no plans to purchase.

Cdflyer 03-21-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trohde78 (Post 10116254)
It sounds really good. But, in my opinion, it was a little over the top for the 7am early morning start up. They are very laid back there and I have never had issues test driving their vehicles. Just not sure how comfortable you would be knowing that you have no plans to purchase.

If you don’t like that at 7am, don’t come by my house around 4:30 if I’m driving the car to work. Basically 3” straight pipe to the rear axle is a bunch louder. Luckily my neighbors are cool.

trohde78 03-21-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdflyer (Post 10116597)
If you don’t like that at 7am, don’t come by my house around 4:30 if I’m driving the car to work. Basically 3” straight pipe to the rear axle is a bunch louder. Luckily my neighbors are cool.

HAHA! OK, it's probably not that loud, but I would still recommend cold startup with the garage door closed on the ATAK.

Cdflyer 03-21-2018 01:14 PM

Now that the weather is hopefully getting better, we really should have a little get together. It might actually be nice to meet fellow Camaro owners. Everyone I know is too cheap to buy one. Lol

PhreddT 03-21-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdflyer (Post 10116996)
Now that the weather is hopefully getting better, we really should have a little get together. It might actually be nice to meet fellow Camaro owners. Everyone I know is too cheap to buy one. Lol

Got mine out for the first time last Sunday. I was zippin around the Carol Stream, Glendale Heights, West Chicago area. Starting to see more and more nice rides out. I got an email a day or so ago from St Charles Chamber of Commerce releasing their Cruise Night calendar, first night is Tuesday April 24th. There is usually a big showing of 5th Gen's, would like to see some 6 Gen's this year. Are you in the area?