CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   11.84 stock SS A8 positive DA (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515909)

FastCarFanBoy 12-21-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 (Post 10017996)
The problem with that rationale is that the whole purpose was to test the normal V8 models, which is what most people buy. Most people do not care about the Performance this, 1LE that options... The general masses so to speak...

More to the point, it's not our fault that Ford makes you pay for basic, quality suspensions/braking that come standard on the SS. It's just an excuse. Just like the Lund car not having the Drag mode or whatever other nonsense can be come up with.

I'm not saying you're making an excuse, it's just how it comes across.

I doubt either of these 2 cars are what most people buy. regardless I would like to see how the cars match up configured similarly.

I fully expect a non-PP GT to handle and stop like a Sonata because its set up like one.

ULTRAZLS1 12-21-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy (Post 10017908)
no matter how big your bias 12.6 is not faster than 12.6 sorry dude

False... Edmunds tested a no option 1SS to a loaded with every option but the ones that improve performance GT and never bothered to even critique those options in their review... excellent reporting imo

You can plainly see the SS has leather

kttxz06 12-21-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotlap (Post 10017621)
Pretty funny. BlaqWhole called mid 12s and the first out was worse. M6G shit storm, butthurt, ... Troll on. :lol:

well, to be fair, i was right there with him. I called 12.6. hehe. I agree, keep the trolls coming. This should shut up the.........tune/tire and we'll smoke a Zl1 chatter.

kttxz06 12-21-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife (Post 10017900)
It's a bit too early to take one set of performance figures and declare victory or defeat for either car.

Hell if performance figures from magazines were to be believed as set in stone law then the Gen 5 Camaro wouldn't have ever been capable of breaking into the 12's stock (LS3 or L99) when we all know it was easily capable of doing so.

Hell the 2010 Challenger R/T's were tested at 14.0 flat and 13.9's yet I've personally watched bone stock R/T's hit 13.4 in less than good air.

Well, that is true, but according the the Mustang fanboys, the '18 GT was gonna absolutely destroy the SS. Well, that didn't happen. The butt hurting is commencing right now. No matter how many test we see from here on out, they are basically dead even, with a slight nudge to the Camaro. On a 3 yr old platform I might add. Ford blew it again.

oldman 12-21-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 10014221)
Even if the Mustang does a 12.2 in a H2H...giving them a 12.2 that is. It'll be like a 21 year old getting his high school diploma. I mean, congrats and good for you but you're a bit old to be getting your diploma and everyone else did it 3 years ago. LOL! And they're still a long way off from being able to touch the ZL1, ZL1 1LE, and Z06. By the time the GT500 comes around we'll be bored with that level of performance. And the ones doing all the hootin and hollerin won't be able to afford an 18 GT or a GT500 anyway, lol!!

:happy0180:

oldman 12-21-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Bowties (Post 10014699)
Actually 12.8, i still have the magazine lol!

This was not the norm. My auto LS1 A4 did it with a stall on stock GSCs and some fee mods. I've only seen one LS1 stone stock M6 WS6 break into the 12s and that was in Houston over the winter. ...

FastCarFanBoy 12-21-2017 01:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WMbDbTXC6w

was watching this video and at 1:15 there is a blue 18 GT ... not sure if this happens to be a shop car or private owner but it goes 12.0@117.85 and spins on the 1-2 shift. Bradenton preps well and the d/a should have been good judging by the jackets worn.

crysalis_01 12-21-2017 01:31 PM

I will say that the one thing, that this thread and others like it have brought to light, I truly find disappointing is the knowledge that there are grown adults using "LOL" unironically.

Fox9350 12-21-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotlap (Post 10017734)
The A10 should be easier to launch. That manual SS is comparable to any SS manual. There are no packages other than the track focused 1LE. :lol:

No doubt. That doesn't mean anyone can launch it well just because it's an auto. The instinct is to just mash the floor peddle down. I saw ecobeast on youtube do a few runs at 12.3xs then someone who was more seasoned told him to launch gently before mashing down and his reaction time, ET and trap speed improved considerably. I find it laughable if some folks are going to hang their hat on the edmunds run as the benchmark. You're fooling yourselves if you think a 0-60 of 4.6 seconds is realistic in this car. The ET and TRAP are also below the mark of where we will see this car fall. I've seen too many stronger runs on youtube from others who have hardly any time in the car to believe otherwise. Unless they're all lying about being stock.

AJL13 12-21-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReaper (Post 10017414)
Edmunds must have shitty drivers to get those times.
The average 2014 Stock Mustang GT A6
0-60 4.3
1/4 mile 12.7 @ 112

The point is that it's the same shitty drivers for both cars and in a straight line even with the new refresh and the A10, the S550 GT isn't faster than an M6 SS that will be going into the 3rd year of its platform. Now if you put stock in the handling and skidpad #s derived from this test, its a borderline arse-kicking.

AJL13 12-21-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Bowties (Post 10017737)
Dude calm down, the mustang had shitty pirellis and the camaro had f’1’s. Its only one review, dont get all “i told you so’ on us lol! Relax

Maybe Ford should equip their base GT with something other than a garbage tire package. Just a thought. It's a good way to get your customers to spend another $4-$5K, though, so I can't knock their hustle.

hotlap 12-21-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox9350 (Post 10018128)
No doubt. That doesn't mean anyone can launch it well just because it's an auto. The instinct is to just mash the floor peddle down. I saw ecobeast on youtube do a few runs at 12.3xs then someone who was more seasoned told him to launch gently before mashing down and his reaction time, ET and trap speed improved considerably. I find it laughable if some folks are going to hang their hat on the edmunds run as the benchmark. You're fooling yourselves if you think a 0-60 of 4.6 seconds is realistic in this car. The ET and TRAP are also below the mark of where we will see this car fall. I've seen too many stronger runs on youtube from others who have hardly any time in the car to believe otherwise. Unless they're all lying about being stock.

If the driver couldn’t launch the A10 efficiently, he’d be worse in the manual SS.

I find it even more laughable that some folks are hanging their hats on the GT A10 hand selected by Ford hero run roll out.

This Edmunds outing is being jumped on because the Ford camp was trolling so hard for a conflict and then a M6 beats the mighty A10. That’s funny stuff

SpeedIsLife 12-21-2017 01:51 PM

You all who are saying that the Mustang is “brand new” and comparing it against “a three year old platform”..

You are aware it’s still a S550 (6th Gen) Mustang, right? It’s not all new, it’s not on a new platform, it’s not a new generation..it’s the same car just with a new variant of the 5.0 and a new automatic transmission. This is more akin to the 2014 Camaro refresh than anything else, except unlike GM they actually improved the power to help close a performance gap.

SSfriendly 12-21-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotlap (Post 10018154)
If the driver couldn’t launch the A10 efficiently, he’d be worse in the manual SS.

I find it even more laughable that some folks are hanging their hats on the GT A10 hand selected by Ford hero run roll out.

This Edmunds outing is being jumped on because the Ford camp was trolling so hard for a conflict and then a M6 beats the mighty A10. That’s funny stuff

You mean, as opposed to the SS or GT hand selected for any other magazine time? It's funny some of you are jumping on the "Ford provided a hot car" conspiracy theory's.