CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   ZL1 vs ZL1 1LE Consensus (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600380)

JSH 06-17-2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG1 (Post 11108170)
The ZLE is a horrible street car.

I've owned mine for two years and never thought it to be a terrible streetcar. I always look forward to driving it and, even though it's highly mod, usually come back saying, 'I really like this car.'

JamesNoBrakes 06-17-2022 10:59 AM

Every car internet forum is the same, the people with the most track-ready version of the car will rationalize it's "fine" for daily driving. GT3 RS, Viper ACR, M4 GTS, etc...

JSH 06-17-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes (Post 11188382)
... rationalize it's "fine" for daily driving. GT3 RS, Viper ACR, M4 GTS, etc...

In my case, it's realizing rather than rationalizing. Mine's not a DD or commuter.

LeonardS 06-17-2022 11:47 AM

And those without ZL1 1LE rationalize why they didn’t opt for it:)

MightyBobo 06-17-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonardS (Post 11188398)
And those without ZL1 1LE rationalize why they didn’t opt for it, but never say that they couldn’t afford it :)

That's quite possibly one of the most arrogant things I've read lol.

Why would I say I couldn't afford it when I easily could? Some of us just have smarter priorities, that's all.

SATINSTEEL1LE 06-17-2022 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyBobo (Post 11188479)

Why would I say I couldn't afford it when I easily could? Some of us just have smarter priorities, that's all.

100%

Jofu 06-17-2022 03:21 PM

Quote:

Smart? I thought we were all retarded for owning a 650HP gas-guzzling monster (and proud of it!) :thumbup:

Geoff

LeonardS 06-17-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Have a good weekend.

LeonardS 06-17-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jofu (Post 11188500)
Smart? I thought we were all retarded for owning a 650HP gas-guzzling monster (and proud of it!) :thumbup:

Geoff

I resemble that remark:):)

MightyBobo 06-17-2022 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jofu (Post 11188500)

Geoff

Lol. You aren't wrong. We're all stupid for owning gas-guzzling V8's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonardS (Post 11188501)
Smarter priorities? That isn’t arrogant? Then buy something that’s smart for you. I am buying another toy, not something smarter. Good luck on your priorities:)

I wasn’t calling out anyone in particular, but I guess it’s Ok for the non ZLE owners to call us dumb for buying one. I’m interested in buying the best Camaro ever built…..and the ZLE is it. Sorry you were offended.

Bro you straight-up insinuated the reason people aren't getting a ZLE is because they cannot afford it. Don't back-peddle there. You showed your true colors.

"Sorry you were offended" is the biggest non-apology out there. Fear not: I wasn't offended in the slightest about someone else's arrogance regarding my income. I'll be clearing probably ~$250K/year here within the next year, and I'm 38. I'm pretty sure I'm quite comfortable to purchase whatever I please.

I'm sorry you were offended that I think people who likely won't come close to pushing a ZLE to even half of it's limits are wasting their money. I hope you do more with it than just take it to the golf course though. I guess we all have opinions, eh?

LeonardS 06-17-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyBobo (Post 11188512)
Lol. You aren't wrong. We're all stupid for owning gas-guzzling V8's.

Bro you straight-up insinuated the reason people aren't getting a ZLE is because they cannot afford it. Don't back-peddle there. You showed your true colors.

"Sorry you were offended" is the biggest non-apology out there. Fear not: I wasn't offended in the slightest about someone else's arrogance regarding my income. I'll be clearing probably ~$250K/year here within the next year, and I'm 38. I'm pretty sure I'm quite comfortable to purchase whatever I please.

I'm sorry you were offended that I think people who likely won't come close to pushing a ZLE to even half of it's limits are wasting their money. I hope you do more with it than just take it to the golf course though. I guess we all have opinions, eh?

Have a nice life.

Corbs09 06-17-2022 05:06 PM

People buy a car with an option called "extreme track package" and think its going to be a daisy for every day driving? C'mon now

I have enjoyed my car and coming from something like a m3 it isn't that much worse. Particularly if you had aftermarket suspension. Regardless, I probably would have chosen something else if this was my daily driver.

MatthewAMEL 06-17-2022 05:12 PM

After 5 years with my 2017 SS 1LE, I just ordered a ZLE.

Instead of spending money making the 1LE faster, I'm jumping up to it's 'big brother'.

I'm also tired of waiting for my Blackwing 5 to arrive, so I figure this flavor of the LT4 will keep me entertained. :D

bef18ZL1 06-20-2022 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbs09 (Post 11188525)
People buy a car with an option called "extreme track package" and think its going to be a daisy for every day driving? C'mon now

I have enjoyed my car and coming from something like a m3 it isn't that much worse. Particularly if you had aftermarket suspension. Regardless, I probably would have chosen something else if this was my daily driver.

I'm no car guru, so I just thought it meant what was implied...upgraded suspension for better handling...just like a Z07 pkg on a Vette, etc. But, I am getting used to it, I think...when I realized I wasnt breaking anything. Or maybe I am and just don't notice it :smiling1: I'll see how long my shocks last and keep checking my front splitter