CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Q1 2019 Sales Figures (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551459)

01pewterz28 04-06-2019 05:45 AM

I see lots on 19's in my area (rental cars) but I will say I do like the refresh it grew on me. When I purchased my Yukon last Sunday they had 2 sold 19's in the sold area that people were picking up and only 3 19's SS's and a few 4's and 6's on the lot. I did see 2 18's SS cars and 1 18 V6.

Jeb114 04-06-2019 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When the Challenger dies down We still got 10 years of the "Cuda" with the 426 Hemi.

Attachment 981791

Turkish01 04-06-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8 Firebird (Post 10482389)
Difficult to say Challenger and Charger will be killed in future as only main lineup for Dodge. There is another rumor that said FCA is working hybrid or electric power in future like GM and Ford doing.

Consider Camaro suffering sales trouble by new platform, FCA doesn't consider to share new platform "Giorgio" which is Alfa Giulia platform and never share Maserati M156 for next gen Dodge twice.

Say what?

SJFGTO 04-06-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8 Firebird (Post 10482389)
Difficult to say Challenger and Charger will be killed in future as only main lineup for Dodge. There is another rumor that said FCA is working hybrid or electric power in future like GM and Ford doing.

Consider Camaro suffering sales trouble by new platform, FCA doesn't consider to share new platform "Giorgio" which is Alfa Giulia platform and never share Maserati M156 for next gen Dodge twice.

Put the bottle down and try this again....

DangerZL1 04-06-2019 08:36 PM

Last week production of the challenger and charger were stopped for a two week period due to slow sales.

Deputy Dog 04-07-2019 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotlap (Post 10480622)
Camaro 12,083 (+2.5%)
Mustang 16,917 (-11.7%)
Challenger 13,431 (-24%)

Sad...Chevy still refuses to to advertise and promote.:thumbdown:

Gunkk 04-07-2019 04:43 AM

Pay more for advertising?

So let's say they spend $15 million in Q2 2019 on TV ads and improve sales by 25% to 15,000 units... ...but have to raise prices by $1000-1200 per car to pay for the ads and hold a presumed 20% sales margin.

So is seeing a Camaro ad on TV worth it to you to pay $1000-1200 more for your car?

V8 Firebird 04-07-2019 07:21 AM

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...st/2602054002/

Number 3 04-07-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deputy Dog (Post 10483011)

They don't do TV advertisements for Camaro......or Corvette. Haven't for years. It's just not what moves the needle for these cars and GM knows this.

If they could do a simple TV commercial and triple sale like everyone thinks would happen GM would have already done it. They know better.

To say they don't promote the car is way off.

Love your word "refuses". It's more like GM has so much more knowledge about this car and it's customers that TV ads aren't even under consideration. They haven't refused to do anything. Unless what you mean is GM doesn't see it my way and they won't do what I think they should do. But even then, they aren't "refusing". They just know more.

Gen6_1Le 04-07-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deputy Dog (Post 10483011)

I wonder how many Millions of dollars Dodge pays to make commercials and pays for air time to sell those 1348 Challengers more then Camaros with no advertising. The 5 hours plus air time the Camaro gets with Nascar every week may actually be working better then Dodge Muscleville .

samurai 04-08-2019 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 10483027)
So let's say they spend $15 million in Q2 2019 on TV ads and improve sales by 25% to 15,000 units... ...but have to raise prices by $1000-1200 per car to pay for the ads and hold a presumed 20% sales margin.

So is seeing a Camaro ad on TV worth it to you to pay $1000-1200 more for your car?

What year is it? Today marketing does not mean TV ads.

i already mentioned it many times in this forum, just take a look at Dodges YouTube Channel. They release a video that makes driving a Challenger/Charger feels pretty cool every month. ten thousands of people obviously like to watch those clips. And for every new model year that release a huge bunch of pictures and clips that journalists can publish to promote the car.
Ford is doing the same thing with revealing a new tidbit every other month to have people talk about teh Mustang.

Now take a look at the 2019 Camaros, a car that was revealed one year ago and not no a big motorshow but on a friggin tv news channel that nobody watches. The reveal had like the worst pics you could use for revealing car, to this day the car is looking horrible on the first pictures. There is no stock footage of the cars to this day besides two short clips where the car just stands around boringly and they only filmed the same three angles multiple times. They don't even start the engine in the videos! There is no running footage of the cars... The best pictures of the 2019 Camaros clearly comes from buyers and magazines that know how to set a car in scene. And the SEMA frontend was revealed half a year ago and we have no word about if this frontend will become a thing.

Chevy is just not interested in caring about the Camaro at all. It's not about spending millions on tv ads or a Super Bowl commercial. But actually give people informations and stuff to talk about your car every other month. Like give the car to the big Car YouTubers and magazines. You don't generate interest in your car by just park it on the dealer lots and wait for people to discover it.
Remember for the 2016 Camaro they invited a bunch of magazines and YouTubers to a track to test out fully camouflaged Camaros to report about how good the car handles before the reveal.

Gunkk 04-08-2019 06:10 AM

Interesting that you bring this up. I don't disagree but I find the comparison ironic...

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai (Post 10483756)
What year is it? Today marketing does not mean TV ads.

I'll add to that to look at where Chevy does still spend much of its marketing budget cash and where Dodge doesn't anymore: Nascar.

Quote:

Remember for the 2016 Camaro they invited a bunch of magazines and YouTubers to a track to test out fully camouflaged Camaros to report about how good the car handles before the reveal.
Yep and Patty George crashed it. Fantastic marketing press right there. :twitch:

But more seriously, the uncontrolled nature of sponsoring Youtube can be quite risky and I'm sure GM will not want that one bit. Running adds on youtube like Dodge is fine, but you gotta produce them first... and that costs $$$. Dodge's advert spend is huge so they have plenty of cutting room floor tape to re-purpose on youtube.

If Chevy's NASCAR's ratings with the <30 segment are dropping, I'd expect them to be dropping spend to match @ the next contract renewal. Getting with the times is probably a wise evolution for Chevy, but where and how to do it and how fast they evolve in that direction will depend on how effective they find their marketing spend. As long as NASCAR wrecks are more effective than Jalopnik wrecks at selling Camaros (and now pace-trucks), they'll keep on doing what they're doing.