CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   SS 1LE owners - What is to you the most disappointing feature(s) of the car? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479226)

DFW1LE 01-04-2017 11:54 AM

I have no gripes about the car, although I would probably have opted for an a10 or SMG type transmission if it was offered.

formoutofchaos 01-04-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick3 (Post 9486592)
Couple things for me.

1) Needs splash guards. These tires are insane, throwing rocks on even the cleanest of roads. It is on the very urgent to do list.
2) Audio is OK. Sat Radio is awful quality to begin with, I bought spotify premium and bumped the sound quality all the way up and its MUCH better. Good enough for now at least.
3) Lack of auto dimming mirrors, at least the rear view mirror. Cars at a much cheaper price point are equipped.
4) Homelink! Hate having to dig my remote out of the console to get into my gate and then my garage.
5) Wish the grill had a flowtie or no tie. Personal preference, I like the cleaner look.
6)Skip shift, what a piece of shit. Cant wait to get it turned off, having to subconsciously drive around it sucks, especially in a stop light to stop light situation.
7) Shifter is a little to notchy, its starting to loosen up though.

Most of which can be fixed except for 3 and 4. The rest can be addressed with A) more money B) Tune.

Overall I love the cockpit type feeling, the seats are frankly AMAZING, the audio is fine for the average joe and the power is awesome (needs more though) :D

What does it do on skip shift ?

Ps
Clear bra the rockers and rears !

LS6-M22 01-04-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS 1LE (Post 9486917)
I gotta buy those...I just wish they had a matching dead pedal.

I totally agree!! The Cadillac does but I dont think its interchangeable with our cars.

WhyUMad1LE 01-04-2017 05:42 PM

Forgot one.. no manual ebrake!

IrishCoffee 01-04-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE (Post 9487625)

At least it doesn't have that massive handle with the huge chrome button on it like the gen5. I had several people get in my gen5 1LE and laugh at that thing.

JCPhoto 01-04-2017 09:13 PM

Radio sucks. Electric e brake. Etc. Most of all is the my new car with 700 miles on it has a clunk in the front end when accelerating. Really disappointed.

formoutofchaos 01-04-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCPhoto (Post 9488009)
Radio sucks. Electric e brake. Etc. Most of all is the my new car with 700 miles on it has a clunk in the front end when accelerating. Really disappointed.

Did it get bad gas in it ?

JCPhoto 01-04-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formoutofchaos (Post 9488074)
Did it get bad gas in it ?

No lol. I went with the sales guy to fill it.

dw760 01-04-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanblurr (Post 9486709)
Hard to give an honest opinion with only 400 miles on the clock but here are a few things that stick out thus far, yet are minor and I don't consider them actual problems.

1. I finally started to notice a bit of throttle "lag" or "dead space" that can cause the car to jolt, or upset depending on throttle application. This happened to me once when I was throttle steering the car, and could potentially pose a problem if it upset the car to much while driving 8/10ths or above.

2. The radio is not super great, but it gets the job done for a regular joe. To me this isnt really a problem, just something that I noticed.

3. Like another member posted, i've accidentally changed driving modes when resting my hand on the shifter. I don't usually rest my hand there, so it's a non issue.

4. I'm the only one who drives my car, but with that said memory seat settings might have been kind of nice.

5. Nothing else matters because this car is fricken amazing for what it is and outdrives almost everything I've previously been in.

My C7 did the same thing of course, and a good adjustable throttle controller is the way to go.

I will be installing this on my 1lE

http://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/t...ontrollers.htm

They have a new one coming out soon with a knob which will be really nice.

DW :happy0180:

dw760 01-04-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS6-M22 (Post 9486897)
They come standard with the ZL1 but are an accessory to all other Camaros.

SS 1LE 01-05-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE (Post 9487625)

Yeah, still not used to the electric one. I just like pulling it myself and knowing it's on, not just a dash light telling me. But, it is nice not having that big brake handle on the console.

Sub 01-05-2017 08:28 AM

Arent a bunch of these complaints 1ss vs 2ss related? Cant you get a 2ss 1le?!

B t w, the audio in the 2ss is not bad, better than most stock radios Ive heard.

SS 1LE 01-05-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub (Post 9488523)
Arent a bunch of these complaints 1ss vs 2ss related? Cant you get a 2ss 1le?!

B t w, the audio in the 2ss is not bad, better than most stock radios Ive heard.

No, SS 1LE is one trim level, 1SS based with a few 2SS options....all the 2SS options that would add weight, or have no advantage to a track focused car were left off and performance based things that would add to it's track capabilities were added.

JCPhoto 01-05-2017 09:48 AM

I forgot one. The fact that on startup the hvac defaults to fresh air. So when driving without the ac on you have air pushing into the car. Pressing the recirculate button fixes this. But hell it's annoying having to do it every single time on startup. Looked all through the manual to see if I could change it. No luck. Same thing with the rev match. But the rev match being off doesn't pump hot air into the car.