CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   E85 dyno results (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468070)

parish8 10-05-2016 10:48 AM

A tuner friend I talk to told me this would happen and it is part of tq management. His exact words.

"Sounds right. Usually won't take more than a degree or two. Fueling and tq settings is where you make power on these. Get fuel straight. Hit me up when the throttle starts closing"

Speedy1975 11-23-2016 06:29 PM

Awesome thread, thanks for pointing me here.

PRAY 11-23-2016 06:49 PM

To revisit the TB blade trimming. The only way I have been able to cure it is to ditch TM in the trans to see what happened. That took care of it. I did put the TM back in. Nothing I did to the ECM took care of it and just maxing out the TQ tables for in gear in the TCM didn't do it. It seems to me that it is a TCM table that we don't have access to. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

EFI Tuning 11-23-2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRAY (Post 9421180)
To revisit the TB blade trimming. The only way I have been able to cure it is to ditch TM in the trans to see what happened. That took care of it. I did put the TM back in. Nothing I did to the ECM took care of it and just maxing out the TQ tables for in gear in the TCM didn't do it. It seems to me that it is a TCM table that we don't have access to. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I can't speak with certainty but I would suspect there is much more involved with the transmission than has been exposed so far. I will inquire with HP Tuners and see if this is correct.

Tim

PRAY 11-23-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EFI Tuning (Post 9421337)
I can't speak with certainty but I would suspect there is much more involved with the transmission than has been exposed so far. I will inquire with HP Tuners and see if this is correct.

Tim

I meant to put that in my post that I think there is a ton of untapped potential in the TCM. I was just curious to the post above about calling the tuner when the TB blade starts closing. Not sure if he meant on or after shifts or he meant in gear under power. That and getting the TQ tables figured out. The TB TQ tables? The engine TM TQ tables? The base TQ tables? Just a vague response for a detailed thread.

lukasz.chmist 12-10-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSloper (Post 9330467)
Green - stock
Red - E10 93 tune, primary cat delete
Orange - E85 tune, primary cat delete, Rotofab

Attachment 822960

Tim

I realize this is a very old thread, but I am in the process of adding a flex fuel tune to my 2016 SS and was wondering if you guys believe that the rotofab intake and primary cat delete (Im assuming CA performance or Bullet?) had any significant impact on these dyno numbers. Or am I better off just doing the E85? Thank you in advance for the feedback!