CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2015 Mustang EcoBoost Dyno (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380179)

NASTY99Z28 10-09-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crysalis_01 (Post 7999845)
SCT releases tuned results of 288.24 horsepower(+35) and 334.28 lb-ft of torque(+46) at the wheels, with a conservative/early tune. SCT believes there is more on the table.

http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=7289

I wonder why their stock run had a large discrepancy on output vs the other two dynos we have?

SCT
hp/tq
231.71/266.88

Woodbine
276.85/286.72

MotorTrend
279/295

I would assume that by lowballing the initial pull it makes the tune look more impressive. Either way 334.28 rwtq is a good start.

Yeah not sure what happened cause the base numbers are way down yet the gains are right on point.

BobDigi5060 10-10-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crysalis_01 (Post 7999845)
I wonder why their stock run had a large discrepancy on output vs the other two dynos we have?

I would assume that by lowballing the initial pull it makes the tune look more impressive.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...tang-4280.html

Quote:

Under certain conditions, the factory tune will limit power and hurt your overall performance at higher RPM's.

crysalis_01 10-10-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 (Post 8000762)

Well there you go. AM's initial 271/290 is right in line with MT and Woodbine but that other pull of 239/288 is right there with SCT's. I wonder what those "certain conditions" are that are causing inconsistent boost? I guess thats the first step for the tuners to deal with.

xc_SS/RS 10-10-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crysalis_01 (Post 8001224)
Well there you go. AM's initial 271/290 is right in line with MT and Woodbine but that other pull of 239/288 is right there with SCT's. I wonder what those "certain conditions" are that are causing inconsistent boost? I guess thats the first step for the tuners to deal with.

There was mention of the overboost feature that raises boost in certain situations. The dyno pull with higher numbers could be the overboost?

Also the first post with the problem part says boost falls off after 3500, so the ecu may reduce boost after doing subsequent pulls back to back?

crysalis_01 10-10-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS (Post 8001350)
There was mention of the overboost feature that raises boost in certain situations. The dyno pull with higher numbers could be the overboost?

Also the first post with the problem part says boost falls off after 3500, so the ecu may reduce boost after doing subsequent pulls back to back?

From what i've read the 2.3 doesnt have overboost in either of its current uses (yet). There should be no reason why it cant be added to the tune at a later date. I'd imagine that once the 5.0 gets a power bump we'll see the overboost function added. In the 1.6 and 2.0 its good for something like 8% increases in power.

13vertss 10-11-2014 09:22 AM

I had a Mustang that I traded for my Camaro. I really liked the muscle look of them, but the new 15 Mustang just doesn't have that look. To me it looks like many cars on the road today and just doesn't stand out. The Camaro has its own look and looks like a muscle car and I hope that doesn't change with the 6th generation.

SpeedIsLife 10-11-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's (Post 8002899)
I had a Mustang that I traded for my Camaro. I really liked the muscle look of them, but the new 15 Mustang just doesn't have that look. To me it looks like many cars on the road today and just doesn't stand out. The Camaro has its own look and looks like a muscle car and I hope that doesn't change with the 6th generation.

the new Mustang was designed for global appeal, it's one of the reasons why first few allocation lots have completely sold out overseas while the Camaro, designed to appeal to the domestic market, has been such a dismal failure in Europe that GM terminated sales.

ilirg 10-11-2014 10:34 AM

And the reason the camaro has been outselling the mustang in the states since 2010. Let them keep their euro crap, give me American.

el ess A 10-11-2014 11:15 AM

I guess it's ok for a 4-cylinder. Wonder what it will do with 135,000 miles on it? And how ungodly crappy it will sound when the stock exhaust gets replaced with an aftermarket? So far, based on history, 4-cylinders have not been a viable long-term solution for replacing V8 performance. And now suddenly Ford wants us to believe a 4-banger is the shiznit? I'm not impressed. I think the GT owners will be a ton happier in the long run.

It amazes me that there are suggestions that people will mod these 4 cylinders. So spend a bunch of money so you can perform like a stock V8. When a V8 would likely be a much better platform and likely cheaper to mod.

Regulations may force us to have these 4-cylinders, but that doesn't mean you have to buy one. If it keeps the V8 choices in the lineup, though, hopefully all the girls (and Europeans) will buy them.

Everyone used to laugh at the ricers tuning their 4-bangers...and now some of those same people are thinking Ford is on to something... nah, I'll pass.

DivineStrike 10-11-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilirg (Post 8002995)
And the reason the camaro has been outselling the mustang in the states since 2010. Let them keep their euro crap, give me American.

Whether you want to believe it or not, the #1 reason the Camaro sales have been strong and stayed strong was because of a combination of it being a comeback car and being the star in one of the most popular movies in recent history...Transformers. Granted it wouldn't have been such a hit, even with the movie, if GM hadn't hit a home run with it's edgy new design.

If you doubt that, then you don't realize the importance of getting your product that kind of visibility to the public and giving it that "cool" factor.

KMPrenger 10-11-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el ess A (Post 8003054)
I guess it's ok for a 4-cylinder. Wonder what it will do with 135,000 miles on it? And how ungodly crappy it will sound when the stock exhaust gets replaced with an aftermarket? So far, based on history, 4-cylinders have not been a viable long-term solution for replacing V8 performance. And now suddenly Ford wants us to believe a 4-banger is the shiznit? I'm not impressed. I think the GT owners will be a ton happier in the long run.

It amazes me that there are suggestions that people will mod these 4 cylinders. So spend a bunch of money so you can perform like a stock V8. When a V8 would likely be a much better platform and likely cheaper to mod.

Regulations may force us to have these 4-cylinders, but that doesn't mean you have to buy one. If it keeps the V8 choices in the lineup, though, hopefully all the girls (and Europeans) will buy them.

Everyone used to laugh at the ricers tuning their 4-bangers...and now some of those same people are thinking Ford is on to something... nah, I'll pass.

I'm not jumping on the 4 cylinder bandwagon or anything, but I think this comment is a little off base. The turbo 4 is not meant to replace the V8 at all. If anything, its meant to provide a V6 replacement, that can get better highway mileage and has better torque. Not sure why you would think its a V8 replacement.

The V8 is still available, so you have no reason to get upset just yet, and I'd guess the next gens will still see a V8 as well, and hopefully not just in the top trim/performance trims.

Honestly, for someone that can only afford a car on a mid to upper 20s budget, a car like this, and a tune (if they aren't scared to crap on their warranty) gets you awesome performance for the dollar. I'm not saying it will punish V8s....that's not what I'm getting at. But a car that potentially makes 330 HP and 400 TQ for mid to upper 20s is appealing for tuners for sure.

crysalis_01 10-11-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el ess A (Post 8003054)

Who says/said that the 2.3EB was to replace "V8 power"?

It's the base level engine. Yeah, there's the 3.7 but we all know the lion's share of its sales, until it's phased out, will be fleet.

NASTY99Z28 10-11-2014 04:57 PM

Have a 4 banger helps increase sales it opens the car to other markets. It allows for a fun economical daily driver not a v8 replacement.

xc_SS/RS 10-11-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crysalis_01 (Post 8001475)
From what i've read the 2.3 doesnt have overboost in either of its current uses (yet). There should be no reason why it cant be added to the tune at a later date. I'd imagine that once the 5.0 gets a power bump we'll see the overboost function added. In the 1.6 and 2.0 its good for something like 8% increases in power.

Ah gotcha. Curious to know what is causing this major drop in power.

Also I completely agree with those who think this 4 cylinder mustang is kind of a joke. Especially those people who will buy it and dump money into it. Having it on the model line up keeps the V8 around so I can like it for that purpose.

The phrase 'could've had a v8' springs to mind though...