CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Z/28 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   Newest Z/28 sighting - Back of the Dragon (VA) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470349)

SQUALO 10-19-2016 07:38 AM

I hope they don't screw this one up, like the last one, and make it solely for the track.

What the hell is with that wing? :facepalm: :thumbdown:

Do you have to opt for an air craft carrier so you can bring the car to a stop?

FenwickHockey65 10-19-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQUALO (Post 9365731)
I hope they don't screw this one up, like the last one, and make it solely for the track.

It's a track car. Of course it's optimized for the track.

If you want creature comforts AND track capability, get a ZL1.

KMPrenger 10-19-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

I don't understand those who complain about the wing like its tacky or something.

It's not like this wing is on a base Camaro (which would be tacky) but its on the ultimate, high performance version. in other words, the wing is there to do real work....its the real deal and when this car is used for what it is intended for it helps.

Have you seen the Viper ACR and its huge rear wing? Does that seem tacky? Probably not when you realize its pretty much the fastest factory stock street legal track car you can buy.

Bhobbs 10-19-2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you really don't want a Z/28.

The last Z/28 wasn't only for the track. It met all the requirements to be a street legal car.

Wings work. If you don't like it, don't buy a Z/28.

SpeedIsLife 10-19-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Tell us wise sage...where did you learn about aerodynamic downforce and explain to where GM is going wrong.

PS Forza doesn't count.

Expunge 10-19-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrkPhx (Post 9365460)
It would be interesting if this is just a ZL1.R which would make it more like the ZO7 package on the ZO6.

That is a thought worth considering... Would be interesting if GM went that route.

JusticePete 10-19-2016 09:50 AM

More refined aero, this is going to be special.

Raven87 10-19-2016 09:53 AM

I'm not sure why people don't like the idea of a hardcore track car that is still street legal? :iono:

I hope they bring the Z/28 to fruition, that it is track focused but hopefully have a few options that would make it more 'streetable' like they did with the AC and Radio (maybe make the CF brakes an option?) and most of all build it so it is a killer. And, at a reasonable price.

Long live the Z/28!

shaffe 10-19-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven87 (Post 9365987)
I'm not sure why people don't like the idea of a hardcore track car that is still street legal? :iono:

I hope they bring the Z/28 to fruition, that it is track focused but hopefully have a few options that would make it more 'streetable' like they did with the AC and Radio (maybe make the CF brakes an option?) and most of all build it so it is a killer. And, at a reasonable price.

Long live the Z/28!

Agreed that that is the approach they should take. Make it as killer as can be on the track BUT still give the people the option of getting some creature comforts.

90503 10-19-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 9364230)
Presenting the latest sighting of the upcoming Camaro Z/28! These were just spotted on the Back of the Dragon in Tazewell, Virginia.

Two prototypes were spotted, one with the high rear wing and another without.

Attachment 827309

Attachment 827310

Attachment 827311

Attachment 827312

Attachment 827313

Attachment 827314

Attachment 827315

Attachment 827316

Attachment 827317

Nice....This is good news. Perhaps the Z/28 will make it for '17 and complete the 50th Anniversary line up....

These pics almost look like they are planted to me....No drivers in or around the cars?...Are they in the bushes ???....The guy in the blue shirt looks like a looky-loo buddy of the photographer??.....

Almost seems they are hoping to be photographed...lol...

Bhobbs 10-19-2016 10:10 AM

I think they learned the lesson from the last one. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a similar interior to the 1LE.

SSport16 10-19-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven87 (Post 9365987)

Long live the Z/28!

Keys words there are "reasonable price"...otherwise they will be knocking $25K off the price again like the 5th gen Z28's that sat on lots of months and months.

Raven87 10-19-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSport16 (Post 9366033)
Keys words there are "reasonable price"...otherwise they will be knocking $25K off the price again like the 5th gen Z28's that sat on lots of months and months.

Abso-freakin'-lutely.

MrChrisLS3 10-19-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrkPhx (Post 9365460)
It would be interesting if this is just a ZL1.R which would make it more like the ZO7 package on the ZO6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expunge (Post 9365949)
That is a thought worth considering... Would be interesting if GM went that route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 9366015)
I think they learned the lesson from the last one. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a similar interior to the 1LE.

It makes more sense to me that the Z/28 will be offered as a performance package. Will it be tagged as a model unto itself, or as an option package similar to Z07 on the Z06? That's a marketing question. Either way, I see this car as taking a direct shot at the GT350R. I see it with no back seat, weight reduction, yet being marketable as a daily driver, in other words something people will buy and drive on the street.

I for one, don't think the last Z/28 was a mistake, or anything to learn a lesson from. I think it served it's true purpose(s). It was a halo car that got everyone talking about the Camaro again. GM new the refresh was going to have it's critics, and they also knew that they had a brand new generation on the horizon. While they didn't sell out the Z/28's they made, they did get people talking about Chevrolet. The Z/28 was more of brand ambassador than a unit to generate profit in and of itself. It got people into dealerships to gawk, and many of them drove off in a new Chevrolet of one type of another. Also don't forget about all of those beautiful LS7's that now found themselves homeless.