CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos | Videos | Renderings (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Official VIVID ORANGE 6th Gen Camaro Thread (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595206)

hamp 01-21-2024 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB412 (Post 11396412)
Looks great.
What else is hiding in the garage.

Sorry for the delay I just got back from my second favorite way of Cruising on a Cruise Ship but here is what else is hiding in the garage

KB412 01-21-2024 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamp (Post 11397856)
Sorry for the delay I just got back from my second favorite way of Cruising on a Cruise Ship but here is what else is hiding in the garage

Gezz you should able to have kept the Camaro alive by yourself.
Nice stable.

D1ESEL 02-01-2024 11:12 PM

I’m searching for a low mileage Vivid orange ZLE with a 6 speed

If you’re interested in selling let me know!

sklippi2018 02-02-2024 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamp (Post 11397856)

Dayuuuum! :confused0068: Saweeet collection! :happy0180:

hamp 03-28-2024 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sklippi2018 (Post 11400735)
Dayuuuum! :confused0068: Saweeet collection! :happy0180:

Thanks Guys:thumbup:

Mid-life Camarisis 07-01-2024 05:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few new pictures

GregH 08-26-2024 02:51 PM

Better late than never

6 Attachment(s)
I've been meaning to get some pics up for a while now.

I added window tint early June and about a month ago I did the following:
- de-badged the rear/sides
- clayed/polished/ceramic coating
- cleaned and ceramic coated wheels
- installed black lugs & locking lugs

Freshly washed this weekend so I took some pics to share. While taking pics I decided to remove the front bow-tie.

2SS Capt 08-26-2024 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregH (Post 11441550)
I've been meaning to get some pics up for a while now.

I added window tint early June and about a month ago I did the following:
- de-badged the rear/sides
- clayed/polished/ceramic coating
- cleaned and ceramic coated wheels
- installed black lugs & locking lugs

Freshly washed this weekend so I took some pics to share. While taking pics I decided to remove the front bow-tie.

Love that color!

DamonZ28 08-27-2024 01:13 PM

Looks fantastic, GregH! What ceramic coating did you use?

GregH 08-27-2024 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamonZ28 (Post 11441682)
Looks fantastic, GregH! What ceramic coating did you use?

Thanks!

Adam's Graphene Ceramic Coating™ Advanced

Didn't want to spend the money it would have cost to pay someone else. I did 3-4 coats (4 coats on the more horizontal surfaces - roof, hood, decklid, rear fenders). Probably overkill. Definitely a full day's work, with claying, polishing, coating, but I think it turned out great.

2SS Capt 08-27-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregH (Post 11441707)
Thanks!

Didn't want to spend the money it would have cost to pay someone else. I did 3-4 coats (4 coats on the more horizontal surfaces - roof, hood, decklid, rear fenders). Probably overkill. Definitely a full day's work, with claying, polishing, coating, but I think it turned out great.

Looks great! I used the same coating on my Daughter's 2024 Kia Seltos, did 2 coats, came out great, highly recommend the product!

https://i.imgur.com/UsxpNNh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9McymtC.jpg

DamonZ28 08-27-2024 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregH (Post 11441707)

A full days' work?!! :eyebulge: I'm very impressed - it took me a few days, lol. :bonk: And yes, it's a lot of work, but worth the savings & I loved doing it. I did a 2-step cut & polish, in addition to the clay, iron decon, and then the coating. I used Blue Collar 1, and I love it. It makes the car SO much easier to clean. I did 2 coats; yes, 3-4 coats was probably overkill. :cool:

I actually did it twice - I used Avalon King the first time, and it failed almost immediately. Bug guts etched right through it & into the clear coat after just 3 weeks. They did refund me which was good.

GregH 08-27-2024 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS Capt (Post 11441730)
Looks great! I used the same coating on my Daughter's 2024 Kia Seltos, did 2 coats, came out great, highly recommend the product!

The Kia looks sharp!

Full disclosure - it was one of your earlier posts saying you had done the coating on your daughter's Kia that gave me the confidence I could do it.

GregH 08-27-2024 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamonZ28 (Post 11441751)
A full days' work?!! :eyebulge: I'm very impressed - it took me a few days, lol. :bonk: And yes, it's a lot of work, but worth the savings & I loved doing it. I did a 2-step cut & polish, in addition to the clay, iron decon, and then the coating. I used Blue Collar 1, and I love it. It makes the car SO much easier to clean. I did 2 coats; yes, 3-4 coats was probably overkill. :cool:

I actually did it twice - I used Avalon King the first time, and it failed almost immediately. Bug guts etched right through it & into the clear coat after just 3 weeks. They did refund me which was good.

Definitely makes it easier to clean.

When I say a full day - 2pm-2am, slept for 4 hours, then back at it 6am-2pm...so yeah, a FULL day.

I did a similar 2-step cut & polish after the clay

I waited over a year after getting the car to do the job, so the finish needed some extra TLC...but it was well worth the effort.