CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   2016 Camaro headlights appear on ebay! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395139)

RobWH 02-24-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 8251547)
:NotHeadlights:

Too bad... those look cool. :biggrin:

RobWH 02-26-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On (Post 8246911)
Hell the corolla has LED headlights standard across the whole model range. What I havent quite figured out, is of toyota can do that on its base model run of the mill communter car, why havent more manufactures done it? I'd love to see LED headlight on the camaro. I know it wont happen, but id still love to see it!

I was browsing again and this caught my attention again, plus the conversation seems over so ...

At some point w/i the next 5-7yrs, were I a betting man, I'd bet basically every new passenger vehicle sold in America will be equipped w/ HID or LED lights as standard equipment. The discussion reminds me of the hoopla behind HALOGEN in the 1980's once people realized how much brighter than standard they were. The buyer wanted them, but was later shocked at the double price for a replacement light(then bulb 1/6th the size of the light) and the funny thing was, those who had older vehicles would gladly pay that extra... but they didn't usually have a car payment over their head. Same thing today, but HID and LED is replacing the older technology. :doh: :lol:

Camaro Lives On 02-26-2015 03:36 PM

You've got a good point. I wasn't around in the 80s though so I didn't get to see that debate happen, but It is a good example. It always seems to take a bit for everyone to embrace the new tech, but whenever it does get accepted, You never hear of the old tech again almost lol. But yea 5-7 years sounds about accurate. Thanks for your incite :)

Angrybird 12 02-26-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobWH (Post 8259683)
I was browsing again and this caught my attention again, plus the conversation seems over so ...

At some point w/i the next 5-7yrs, were I a betting man, I'd bet basically every new passenger vehicle sold in America will be equipped w/ HID or LED lights as standard equipment. The discussion reminds me of the hoopla behind HALOGEN in the 1980's once people realized how much brighter than standard they were. The buyer wanted them, but was later shocked at the double price for a replacement light(then bulb 1/6th the size of the light) and the funny thing was, those who had older vehicles would gladly pay that extra... but they didn't usually have a car payment over their head. Same thing today, but HID and LED is replacing the older technology. :doh: :lol:

You can probably say the same thing about Radial Tires.

FenwickHockey65 03-03-2015 09:15 PM

lol Sonic.

That's Volt back there.

spratleyea 03-04-2015 12:05 AM

2016 Camaro

1 Attachment(s)
I found this on the web. I do not like the Camaro's nose. :popcorn:

FenwickHockey65 03-04-2015 12:13 AM

And Cruze is spelled wrong. :laugh:

DenverTaco07 06-03-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 8224507)
Background story on me is i'm a college kid going to school in Michigan and have a dream to work for GM one day. If I even thought about showing a pic my dream would be crushed. I have also been in the automotive surplus parts business for several years, this is how I acquired these parts.

A couple of months ago one of my suppliers sends me a pic of a bumper saying it's a 2014 bumper and asked if I would be interested in it? If not he would of put it on ebay to sell them on there. Knowing what they were and mixed with my extreme enthusiasm for Camaro I bought these bumpers for one purpose only TO PROTECT THE PRIVACY OF THIS CAR! GM has done such a good job keeping it protected I could not let a parts leak like this blow its cover. People argue it's only one part but it still shows what the front would look like. I still to this day will not post a picture and am not being paid at all by GM to keep it private. I am doing this solely because I am a passionate enthusiast and I respect this car very much and the people working on it! This car also means alot to me as the 5th gen played a big role in my lifestyle. SO if any of you are looking for a pic you will all just have to wait until the reveal to see this monster of a car!

I think we want to see some pictures of your prototypes you got your hands on.

toehead93 06-03-2015 06:45 PM

Called out.

KILLER74Z28 06-05-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toehead93 (Post 8464521)
Called out.

Prototype Bumpers in Dorm Room

Banshee 06-06-2015 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toehead93 (Post 8464521)
Called out.

Checkmate.

ADS 02-14-2016 08:31 PM

Headlight

1 Attachment(s)
Any idea if this is the same headlight pictured above or is this a normal 2016 Chevrolet Camaro headlight? Its OEM with a GM PN of 23509015. It has a ballast so must be an HID Xenon or LED. I've googled the part number and it doesn't show up. Anyone have information on this light?