CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

PYROLYSIS 01-28-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6094841)
Not necessarily advocating for it......but it's no gimmick...truly saves gas, and is ingenious in its engineering.

I sincerely look forward to seeing how they have it operate on the LT1 in the Corvette. They wouldn't put something sub-standard on the Corvette...that's why the C6 didn't have it. So it should be pretty good. :)

My hope, and since they offer an "off" button for the AFM on the Vette, is that it is truly seamless, and doesn't effect the sound at all (with clever exhaust tuning, of course.)

An on and off switch for AFM would be nice but I'm willing to bet it would get used more often than not. I know I would leave it on for the daily grind.

The IOM Ninja 01-28-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6094841)
Not necessarily advocating for it......but it's no gimmick...truly saves gas, and is ingenious in its engineering.

I sincerely look forward to seeing how they have it operate on the LT1 in the Corvette. They wouldn't put something sub-standard on the Corvette...that's why the C6 didn't have it. So it should be pretty good. :)

My hope, and since they offer an "off" button for the AFM on the Vette, is that it is truly seamless, and doesn't effect the sound at all (with clever exhaust tuning, of course.)

My gas mileage in my L99 SS went up after disabling AFM...

Just saying...

mcsoul 01-28-2013 08:30 PM

I'd like to see the new camaro get some interior inspiration from the new corvette C7.
At the same time keeping the quad gauge pod at the bottom of the center stack, but
with a higher end appeal.

efpardo 01-28-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rray (Post 6065726)
I hope they come out with a twin turbo LFX V6 version, so we can geat a CARB legal boost! Nobody makes them, and there are a lot of V6's in CA.

Twin Turbo! Yes! With something to give the Nissan GTR goosebumps.

mcsoul 01-29-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpardo (Post 6095797)

Quite possible, because it's in development for Cadillac:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/04/...d-v6-the-3-6l/

Chevy_Man 01-29-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6097551)
My opinion on AFM is that it is a useless gimmick just to comply with the new cafe of 35,5mpg.
GM just doesn't sell enough VOLTS...
I also don't think that there will be a off-button for AFM because otherwise they would get sued because of the certified mpg number.
So in the real world people will enjoy maybe a couple mpg better fuel economy but those people don't buy V-8 cars in first place but get real economic cars.
Guys like us will drive in a lower gear with higher rpm to defeat AFM to drive in V-8 mode for the sound or whatever and get worse mpg...
On top of that in pushrod motors AFM burdens the valvetrain with 8 heavier lifters...:thumbdown:
Don't get me wrong I love better fuel economy but I am not a fan of AFM on a pushrod V-8 !I love low rpm V-8 sound and you can't get that with AFM...:(

Doesn't really bother me. I just use the Tapshift when I feel the need for a little more hooliganism! The AFM actually probably really helps this car get amazing mileage on the highway. I've had lots of times where on a 280km trip to the city I get all the way down to 10L/100km at 128km/h. That's amazing mileage for a 6.2litre engine. I can't complain! Just wish that the stock exhaust on the Automatic engine was more aggressive. It's pretty tame until you give it at least half gas

OldScoolCamaro 01-29-2013 04:48 PM

I would like to have revised; The drivers vision forward. One can't see past the pillar post's forward, making it near impossible to judge the nose clearance and distance. This is a gamble in parking situations with contacting parking barriers, or other low ground objects forward. The rear quarter windows and long sail panel are vision obstructions, but not as bad as the the front. The side view mirrors compensate for the rear vision discrepancy. The center console is very high. The console compartment door height is above the shifter horizontal plane of movement, causing elbow contact with the door. Cup holder is impractical due to proximity of the shifter, causes contact to anything in the holder when shifting. I would like to see standard HID Halo lights, phase out the mailbox slot, have a matching upper and lower grille pattern on all models. Redesign the bulky/awkward looking rear standard diffuser. Do not offer any heritage design wheels or caps, design everything fresh on a new clean sheet of paper for the C6 Camaro. Phase out the block script CAMARO emblem. Don't incorporate anything on the body's exterior such as slots, vents, scoops etc...that is not functional. Include in optional hi performance package racing seats and harnesses. That's a few more thoughts I have for now. :chevy:

efpardo 01-29-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcsoul (Post 6097495)
Quite possible, because it's in development for Cadillac:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/04/...d-v6-the-3-6l/

I LIKE IT!

PYROLYSIS 01-29-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6098576)
Chevy_Man,I gather you have a new SS with a slushbox,tapshift.
You shift down and run higher rpm to defeat AFM,but this defeats the origional idea of running on 4 cylinders and saving gas.
I say if you want to save gas buy a 4 banger and if you want V-8 power and sound get a V-8 but leave the AFM off the menue.
I guess for people who don't care about low rpm V-8 sound,cruising around town,AFM is a great thing...:D
You want to know how much my 6-speed,LT-1 in my 2002 SS gets at 80mph/128km/h?Excactly 25mpg,which is pretty much 9,6 L/100Km...
At that without AFM,and low rpm V-8 sound...:thumbsup:

You replaced your LS1 with an LT1?

The IOM Ninja 01-29-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpardo (Post 6095797)

So in other words.... AWD :laughabove:

A Corvette ZR1 (purely talking straight line racing here, and of course a ZR1 can/will be faster than a GT-R) doesn't scare a GT-R let alone a Camaro ZL1. A Twin Turbo V6 isn't going to make a GT-R wet it's pants :sm0:

blkcamaro 01-30-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 5973243)
5. Change the oval trunk opening - make it big enough to fit golf club bag in without first having to take out the driver & 3wood

THIS!:thumbup: