CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos | Videos | Renderings (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Official NITRO YELLOW METALLIC 6th Gen Camaro Thread (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619094)

Techman 11-18-2023 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 302crossram (Post 11380569)
Wheeled mech' chair underneath to do the work correct?

Yes. I have about 48-50 inches of clearance depending on the lift blocks I use.

2SS Capt 11-18-2023 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techman (Post 11380564)
Just picked this up today. 2SS 1LE 6spd. PDR and sport pedals. I love it.

Love the '87 Olds 442, I wanted one of those so bad when I got out of high school! I would have went with the dark blue if I had a choice...

scottc 12-17-2023 06:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Car delivered yesterday!
1SS, 6 sp, red calipers, 5 split spoke forged wheels, strut tower brace, alcantara knee pads and non stop perma grin

ZPirate 12-17-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottc (Post 11388966)
Car delivered yesterday!
1SS, 6 sp, red calipers, 5 split spoke forged wheels, strut tower brace, alcantara knee pads and non stop perma grin

Congratulations! :thumbup: Nice looking car. Nitro Yellow is starting to grow on me. And the black wheels and black trim really look good on it. You should also consider adding the gloss black "Camaro" fuel door.

Nothing quite like the Camaro perma grin! :laughabove:

triggerjerk 12-18-2023 06:31 PM

scottc- outstanding color combination! And I bet that color will be rare.

His ZL1 12-21-2023 08:36 PM

2SS Convertible

2 Attachment(s)
This ended up in my garage after Thanksgiving.

I finally decided I wanted a new Camaro while I could still get one. I wish I had made that decision before the order cutoff. I was disappointed with the CE. I had been hoping to buy one for several years.

I knew I had to part with something if I were to get another Camaro. I decided to part with the 5th gen ZL1 convertible and get a different convertible after I saw a Nitro Yellow convertible in person. I found the color uniquely appealing.

I had to choose from inventory since i waited too long to order. I found some cars I would like to have bought but some dealers were quite out of touch with reality. This car had the major options I wanted and the dealer worked within my constraints to come to an agreeable deal. I can add updates later. Most notably the wheels. I am not fond of the style of the 56V wheels, the most common I found. I plan to install the black forged 56Z wheels.

The one thing I should have done is waited to find a manual trans. An automatic is not as engaging as the manual. It losses some of the enjoyment. I talked to a couple dealers that had a yellow 2SS manual with my "must have" options but could reach a reasonable deal. I found a couple without my required options and decided to suffer with the auto trans than sacrifice those.

His ZL1 02-18-2024 08:10 PM

2SS Convertible

2 Attachment(s)
I bought a nitro yellow convertible as a pleasure vehicle. I wanted one last new Camaro while I could still get one. As a pleasure vehicle, I would prefer a manual transmission.

I bought an automatic because I found one equipped the way I wanted, except transmission. I drove it a few miles and decided an automatic was not providing the "pleasure" I wanted. I found a couple manual transmission cars, all considerable distance away. I was finally able to work a trade deal on one. The mistake of settling for something I didn't want cost me.

I ended up with a car with the major options I wanted. I want to make a few changes to get it closer to what I would have ordered had I made the decision to buy before the order deadline passed.

Picture of what I ended up below. I'll provide updates when I get done with changes.

ariZona28 02-19-2024 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Reminds me a bit of my favorite C3 Vette color, War Bonnet Yellow. Looks good on the Camaros!

scottc 03-15-2024 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just another pic

ZPirate 03-16-2024 11:54 AM

It's definitely a sweet looking color. :thumbup:

302crossram 03-16-2024 05:14 PM

that color looks great on screen however,

when I see it in the wild the shade looks olive green. ????

His ZL1 03-17-2024 11:04 AM

Nitro Yellow Convertible

A friend made the same comment about seeing green when I was showing him the car yesterday. I do not recognize that. He did say he liked the color better in person than pictures.

scottc 03-17-2024 11:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
New badges

scottc 04-11-2024 07:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
1LE front splitter and RPI side skirts