CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   How many people here like the Camaro AND the Mustang? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421865)

classicrockr 01-24-2016 08:06 AM

I grew up in Dunedin.....Once I get my new 2016 vert, I'd love to come back down there & drive over the causeway with the top down...

Fraxum 01-24-2016 01:40 PM

I love both cars and the Challengers, and BMW Ms, AST/Vs, CTS/Vs, Mercedes AMGs, Vipers, and Corvettes.

But one thing I can say for sure, some owners of really fast Mustangs cannot handle really fast Camaros. Personal experience with that. :smiling1:

They need to keep driving Fords.

Ruebernard 01-24-2016 06:31 PM

I love cars in general. I wasn't sold on the new Mustang from the photos I saw but once I stood next to one....wow! Nice car. While I appreciate the Mustang, my heart belongs to the SS. One sexy car.

EricTheCamaroGuy 01-27-2016 07:38 PM

Me personally, I like both the Camaro and the Mustang. I like the Challenger as well, all three are very awesome offerings.

ChaseW 01-27-2016 08:06 PM

Im right there with you bud. I definitely like them both. My mustang is just a really nice riding car. It's fun to drive, has plenty of style, looks nice. My camaro is a bit more fun to drive in my opinion since it's faster, more agressive, and of course there isn't a whole lot of them on the streets right now so it's kinda unique. I love them both and you can't go wrong with either one.

EricTheCamaroGuy 01-27-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseW (Post 8867665)
Im right there with you bud. I definitely like them both. My mustang is just a really nice riding car. It's fun to drive, has plenty of style, looks nice. My camaro is a bit more fun to drive in my opinion since it's faster, more agressive, and of course there isn't a whole lot of them on the streets right now so it's kinda unique. I love them both and you can't go wrong with either one.

I've never driven a Mustang myself, but I just really like them. I also like Camaros, I've had an obsession over them my whole life. One odd thing is that people refer to the Fusion as the "four door Mustang" and the Mustang as the "two door Fusion", due to the styling. I find my Camaro fun to drive due to it having a stick shift and doing acceleration runs very fast. Either way, no disappointment with both of them.

ChaseW 01-27-2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheCamaroGuy (Post 8867737)
I've never driven a Mustang myself, but I just really like them. I also like Camaros, I've had an obsession over them my whole life. One odd thing is that people refer to the Fusion as the "four door Mustang" and the Mustang as the "two door Fusion", due to the styling. I find my Camaro fun to drive due to it having a stick shift and doing acceleration runs very fast. Either way, no disappointment with both of them.

Yea my mustang is automatic cause my wife wanted something she could drive every once in a while. So I compromised and got the automatic. When I got the camaro though, there was no compromising. It was stick shift all the way, and it's a blast. I have never been a camaro fan until this model year. It's just a nice car all around and im sure you will agree with your camaro. Both cars are awesome. Some people act like if you don't get a camaro you might as well be in a gremlin, or if you don't get a mustang you might as well be in a pinto. Neither the camaro nor the mustang are lemons, and you should be happy if you get either one honestly.

ParisTNDude 02-01-2016 10:14 AM

This past Friday I drove both a GT Premium with track pack manual and a 2SS magnetic ride 8A Camaro and that's all it took for me to decide that the Camaro is the better car for my current needs.

I've owned 5 Mustangs used and new and 3 Camaros, 2 5th gens. So, I could seriously consider either. The Mustang felt about as quick as my last 1SS Camaro which was honestly slow by todays standards, but the 16 Camaro was very quick up to 80 mph or so. The Mustang running gear was very noisy and I had trouble getting the manual to shift and engage smoothly....no where near as smooth as my 6M Grand Sport.

So, I have built the Camaro I want to order and am waiting for 3 dealers to give me a price. I will order a Camaro.