CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Rear Mount Turbo Build (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458534)

1KillerSS 07-28-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goertz (Post 9218484)
Ok so updates for today:

Sleep Apnea test results, I quit breathing 10 times in my sleep. Being the VA though it will take 6 weeks to get results back and see what follows next. And apparently out of a 8 hour night only got about 3 hours of sleep. Guess this could explain why I'm always so tired

I had a lot more episodes than ten, my setting are pretty high also, like its set at 15. Gotta love the VA, I get all my health care done there, they take pretty good care of me.

How goes the build?

Goertz 07-28-2016 04:11 PM

Turbowerx filter comes in today finally

The other pump should hopefully be in by next Friday. I would be putting things back together today to test out our relieved gears but it's leg day at the gym and I'm pretty much going to be dead when i finally make it home haha

Tomorrow We'll put it together and hope the turbowerx pump holds out. We've will have done everything imaginable to fix it minus taking the motor apart and putting new brushes in it

Va has done a pretty good job for me so far.

Goertz 07-29-2016 08:37 PM

Pulled every trick we can for the turbowerx pump with no success.

Just waiting on next scavenger pump to come in at this point now.

Fergy 07-29-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goertz (Post 9221499)
You can see in this picture how there rotors were rubbing the pump cover and have galled up. We are going to try taking off .003 and see how that goes.

Honestly that looks like normal wear, i have worked in the energy and gas industry for a few years on top of my time in the military as a mech. and seen that on many oil pumps that lasted 20+ years

Goertz 07-29-2016 10:55 PM

My dad ( engineer) thinks one of th e armature is going out on it. Turbowerx offered to check it out for me so I'll likely mail it out Monday. I'm expecting my tracking number for my new pump around then as well so hopefully things can get moving again next weekend.

Atomic Ed 07-29-2016 11:13 PM

A diaphragm pump will do the trick.

1KillerSS 07-30-2016 08:53 PM

Why not do a 911 oil pump? Super reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goertz 07-30-2016 09:22 PM

Can you send me a link

I've tried looking into that and for future purposes we are. Actually looking into designing and building our own electric mini dry sump system.

Goertz 07-31-2016 07:28 AM

Hung out with the HP Motorsports guys and swapped knowledge last night.

Recipe to more power on factory fuel system according to them.

32% larger fuel pump overdrive cam lobe with lash cap for lt1 fuel pump will net 800-900 whp worth of fuel on stock injection pump, injectors and lift pump.

With z06 injectors and injection pump and 32% overdrive cam 1000whp worth of fuel.

To get 1100-1200 fuel need either a bigger lift pump in tank or a surge tank that the factory tank pumps to then larger pump push to front

With all that said figure 40% less power if using e85. Those numbers were gas only.

So we still like my supplemental fuel plans the most for getting up the power.

Oh yeah and i asked about the lt1 ring lands going and they said 700-740 whp zone

1KillerSS 07-31-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goertz (Post 9231807)
Can you send me a link

I've tried looking into that and for future purposes we are. Actually looking into designing and building our own electric mini dry sump system.

Sorry I don't have a link, but I'm sure some time google searching will show you what your after. Its a super reliable, used for engine oil, they have scavenge pumps for their turbo applications, but I would be looking for a 911 930 engine type oil pump.

Goertz 08-05-2016 03:50 PM

Got tired of waiting on that Shurflo so I ordered a Tilton Constant Duty 1-2gpm pump from summit (my shurflo will be delivered by next Thursday). Comes in tomorrow, I'll also be taking my wife out to see Suicide Squad tomorrow so install will wait till Sunday. Should be back up and running on Sunday. Luckily the shop dyno is back up and running again also so early next week can finally get some dyno time then track on Friday and see if we can muster a decent number.

After it is up, going to drive it hard for a solid 1-2 weeks and really beat the heck out of it.
We are finalizing our oiling system (currently just going to be packaged with a return to engine type system, a stand alone oiling system will be under way next month)
I have a hookup for a very nice professional website from a guy who works with CBS news so that will be under way before the month is over.
DBA is in and getting all other things in order.

My graphics artist guy is working to finalize the logo for us.

Plan is to drive the heck out of the car and iron out any remaining bugs then around the 20th take it down once again to build all fixtures. After all fixtures are built I have to build 1 complete kit out of the fixtures to install back on my car and 100% verify a bolt on installation (this is when I'll do a install video). The final install will be fully Lava Header wrapped and my turbo blanket installed.

We're a little behind schedule with where we wanted to be for release at the beginning of August but we are further along than anyone else with a turbo kit I'm pretty certain.
Expect website to operational and full blown Camaro6 Sponsorship to be underway around the end of August. Really excited and looking forward to bringing a solid product to the community.

1KillerSS 08-05-2016 08:22 PM

Good luck man! AGP has a kit I think, either way I know there doing turbo installs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tcamaro 08-06-2016 11:23 AM

Is there a guess on price?

Goertz 08-07-2016 03:05 PM

Hot rod is back up again.

Going to see about getting on the dyno tomorrow and get new pics. The new oil system looks amazing and is working perfectly