CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Bulletin 30990 (Oil Pickup tube bolt retention) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447820)

BrandX 04-10-2016 10:26 PM

No raised markings. in fact everything is smooth...

AlwaysAmerican 04-10-2016 11:56 PM

I have the recall on mine as well.. wonder if this would be the best time to install the cam on GM's dime lol (I mean they're already doing the hard part)

Mrzelfdestruct 04-10-2016 11:58 PM

So my 2SS is also affected by this recall.
Does this scare anyone on the longevity of our engines? The fact that such a small piece can wreck havoc is concerning. It makes me paranoid that GM is maybe taking the "easy" way out and this is in fact a weak point. Dunno, this is my first Chevy, and have always owned Hondas, Toyotas and the like, and reliability has not been a major concern.
Now I will always be expecting this thing to fail :noidea:

JoeAyalaM 04-11-2016 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrzelfdestruct (Post 9024382)
So my 2SS is also affected by this recall.
Does this scare anyone on the longevity of our engines? The fact that such a small piece can wreck havoc is concerning. It makes me paranoid that GM is maybe taking the "easy" way out and this is in fact a weak point. Dunno, this is my first Chevy, and have always owned Hondas, Toyotas and the like, and reliability has not been a major concern.
Now I will always be expecting this thing to fail :noidea:

Don"t be such a drama Queen, your car will be fine, all brands make repairs and recalls.

Mrzelfdestruct 04-11-2016 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM (Post 9024426)
Don"t be such a drama Queen, your car will be fine, all brands make repairs and recalls.

Lol, maybe I am being too dramatic, but I really hope the car is good and this works out without an issue. I love this car, by far the best car I've ever owned and would like to keep it for a while.

AlwaysAmerican 04-11-2016 02:49 AM

Something will probably always come up post-production.

It's just 1st world problems on owning a vehicle.

At least the repairs are free and you're not having to wait to afford the repair on a clunker and have nothing while your car is down (you do get a rental)

So it could be worse

Tr6 04-11-2016 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican (Post 9024441)
Something will probably always come up post-production.

It's just 1st world problems on owning a vehicle.

At least the repairs are free and you're not having to wait to afford the repair on a clunker and have nothing while your car is down (you do get a rental)

So it could be worse

Very well said!

Atra 04-11-2016 07:57 AM

All you guys fretting about dealers doing this work. Just remember that some old lady in a factory probably assembled your oil pan assembly...a tech with half a brain should be fine to change it. I mean I don't like it either but at the end of the day it's not so bad.

Karma81 04-11-2016 08:13 AM

Lucky me! I am on the recall list! I made an appointment for Wednesday. Service manager said they have to inspect the Oil pan and that will let him know whether they need to do anything else. Sounds like if you have a VIN on the recall but dont have the raised Text you are ok. I would still bring the car in and let them make that determination.

TSloper 04-11-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atra (Post 9024653)
All you guys fretting about dealers doing this work. Just remember that some old lady in a factory probably assembled your oil pan assembly...a tech with half a brain should be fine to change it. I mean I don't like it either but at the end of the day it's not so bad.

Ignorance will be everyone's best friend on this one.

Algeron 04-11-2016 08:33 AM

Nothing on mine, but I just bought it on 4-9-16, so maybe they already took care of it.

suzook 04-11-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSloper (Post 9024685)
Ignorance will be everyone's best friend on this one.

Completely agree.

DentinFender 04-11-2016 10:27 AM

well, my vin was included in the recall. Stopped at the dealer and they took a look at the oil pan this morning. All numbers stamped in and not raised... Phew... what a relief!!

Tr6 04-11-2016 10:35 AM

Just got back from the dealership, my oil pan didn't even have any numbers anywhere. They had to run mine through the SIS and find what the #'s were and it was NOT included in the serial bracket that they have listed in the system. It is a relief that I don't have to leave my car for 3 days + lol.