CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Rarity to Rarity Comparison (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619252)

Camfab 09-09-2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z OH 6 (Post 11357348)
Might be difficult to get a new 1LE now but there's plenty of used 1LEs available with depreciation.

Yup and my guess is now is the best time. I still feel like the Camaro really going away is under the radar currently as Dodge has done such a great job of marketing. In a way Chevrolet has done its fans a service by completely dropping the ball. Had they done anything like Dodge it would be even harder to get your hands on one of these at the current prices. I may be off base but I think the current pricing on all the muscle cars is ridiculous.

NG329 09-09-2023 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camfab (Post 11357339)
NG329 I’m sure your car is in excellent mechanical condition, and the person buying your car will likely be someone who appreciates the way you took care of your car. If I was in the secondary market I’d be more likely to look at your car than a typical street car that’s been modded and tuned.

Thanks. The dealer is going to give it a little TLC cosmetically before they list it for sale. It's definitely a solid ride and it needs nothing. Sounds mean, engine breathes well, and it's fast. A nice Cam and flowed heads would be the cherry on top. That's all that's left to do on it. It's all braced up with BMR bits (Toe Rods, Cradle Braces, Drivetrain Brace, Strut Tower Brace, Sway Bar Links), has a bad ass tune, CAI, and LTH 3" straight thru to the Exit.

ukester 09-10-2023 05:54 AM

best of luck to those searching for a new 1LE ZL1 took me over a year and it was by luck a dealer out of Ohio contacted me and said they had one in transit-if I did not buy that or rather put the deposit down right away there were another 10 people in back of me in line ready to put the deposit down. I did want a manual but sometimes you have to take what you can get and i took the auto. This is the last year of the camaro and looks like 2023 is the last 1LE ZL1 prices for low mileage cars like this will only go up-wait for one of these to come up on Mecum or Barret Jackson.

NG329 09-10-2023 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukester (Post 11357430)
best of luck to those searching for a new 1LE ZL1 took me over a year and it was by luck a dealer out of Ohio contacted me and said they had one in transit-if I did not buy that or rather put the deposit down right away there were another 10 people in back of me in line ready to put the deposit down. I did want a manual but sometimes you have to take what you can get and i took the auto. This is the last year of the camaro and looks like 2023 is the last 1LE ZL1 prices for low mileage cars like this will only go up-wait for one of these to come up on Mecum or Barret Jackson.

Agreed. Don't forget, Hendrick bought the very first one for $250k back in 2016 I think. It's probably only a matter of time.

JSH 09-10-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukester (Post 11357430)
best of luck to those searching for a new 1LE ZL1 took me over a year ...

The law of supply and demand will inevitably cause their values to increase.

Z OH 6 09-10-2023 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSH (Post 11357468)
The law of supply and demand will inevitably cause their values to increase.

In 50 years. Maybe you'll still be around to reap the benefits, or maybe you'll be too old to spend that extra 50k of appreciation.

HemiDave 09-10-2023 03:16 PM

I will take a bet right now that the value of ZLE’s goes up in less than 5 years and not 50 years.

We will likely still be alive to see if i’m right lol.

GreenZLE 09-10-2023 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiDave (Post 11357584)
I will take a bet right now that the value of ZLE’s goes up in less than 5 years and not 50 years.

I think there will be a big market for all these high performance cars for decades. I turned 16 in the early 80's and the cars from the 60's and early 70's were legendary. I wanted a 1972 Z28 real bad but couldnt afford it and it wasnt even very expensive for the time. The HP of things built after the mid 70's were 1/3 of the horsepower and pathetic. Everyone wanted the old performance cars and they didnt have the performance of the new stuff. Hemi cars were unobtainable by then unless you had way way more money than even my parents did.

Z OH 6 09-10-2023 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiDave (Post 11357584)

Won't go up enough of significance in 5 years unlike your Demon.

Camfab 09-10-2023 11:12 PM

It’s true Americans love factory drag cars, I’m included. Like I said before, this time it’s totally different, not with respect to drag cars but the OEM’s moving away from ICE. You want a new Camaro with a V8 and a manual, this is it. You want a Redeye you got a few months. The narrative that the Z-28 sat in dealer lots and so will the ZLE’s has already been proven false. That ship sailed. Next the ZL1’s and all the other models. For the time being Ford will be king, and thinking about that GT 500, Ford killed the secondary market (for now) on that car as collectors are looking at the new Mustang Track monster, the 300 k special.

Camfab 09-10-2023 11:29 PM

Anyway I’m happy that we can have this conversation, because I never thought I’d ever see a car with 500hp let alone over 1000hp from the factory. Never in my wildest fantasies. These are great times for car guys and gals. These really are the good old days they’ll be talking about in the future!

Camfab 09-10-2023 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenZLE (Post 11357647)
I think there will be a big market for all these high performance cars for decades. I turned 16 in the early 80's and the cars from the 60's and early 70's were legendary. I wanted a 1972 Z28 real bad but couldnt afford it and it wasnt even very expensive for the time. The HP of things built after the mid 70's were 1/3 of the horsepower and pathetic. Everyone wanted the old performance cars and they didnt have the performance of the new stuff. Hemi cars were unobtainable by then unless you had way way more money than even my parents did.

You’re so right, in 1985 when the IROC came out I bought one at 21. The tuned port injected 305 and 350 (Corvette) was the first motor since 1969 that you were proud of displaying. It was awesome and the car mags were going nuts, it had a whopping 215 Hp (305). It was the genesis of the return to beauty and the future of performance. The ‘69 Vette and Z28 were always my favorite cars growing up. Thinking about how many different motors I built for that car (7) just get to 500 hp in 1990. It’s been an incredible ride that most can’t grasp because they never lived through the garbage years….

taylorforschool@gmail.com 09-11-2023 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camfab (Post 11357688)
You’re so right, in 1985 when the IROC came out I bought one at 21. The tuned port injected 305 and 350 (Corvette) was the first motor since 1969 that you were proud of displaying. It was awesome and the car mags were going nuts, it had a whopping 215 Hp (305). It was the genesis of the return to beauty and the future of performance. The ‘69 Vette and Z28 were always my favorite cars growing up. Thinking about how many different motors I built for that car (7) just get to 500 hp in 1990. It’s been an incredible ride that most can’t grasp because they never lived through the garbage years….

Something I struggle with every day. Can’t take things for granted!

Mike818 09-11-2023 10:04 AM

another one already

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ge-edition-20/

2022 GT500 HE - CFTP - 670 miles