CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th Camaro Convertible official pics leaked! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413123)

NASTY99Z28 06-25-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisvr6 (Post 8501606)
Quote it correct :bonk:

He did. They changed the title because so many of them were angry about it!!!

NASTY99Z28 06-25-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastball (Post 8501372)
Mustang is going to require significant upgrades in brakes, engine, and transmission to outperform the SS. And then go on a diet.

That's a LOT to ask for an MMC.

It has bigger brakes than the camaro will have. Engine wise they aren't to far off especially if the voodoo jumos into the gt engine slot. Transmission wise they are lacking "strength" but those gear ratios make up for lack of torque. Weight? 3700 ain't bad considering thats what the camaro should weigh so I'm not sure why it will "need" to lose weight. The camaro should have the upper hand but I'm not sold on the camaro rotor size unless it dropped more weight than predicted which won't happen considering the ats-v came out weighing more than they said it would. But only time will tell.

RLHMARINES 06-25-2015 03:42 PM

Mark Reuss knows performance, so I wouldn't doubt what he has publicly stated about out performing the mustang.

NASTY99Z28 06-25-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLHMARINES (Post 8501659)
Mark Reuss knows performance, so I wouldn't doubt what he has publicly stated about out performing the mustang.

Was or is he the same guy that said the same thing about the zl1 and gt500? I think it will beat it but for how long? Will Ford offer something other than the 350/350r for 2017? Bump in power maybe? As it stands now if both cats weigh the same the camaro should have a good advantage not only in et but mph. I.just hope the hype isn't just hype.

The stang is selling like crazy so Chevy better do something to stay ahead in sales and on the track. God knows the next zl1 vs gt500 "type" of cars offered will be fords to win.

IOMike 06-25-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 (Post 8501635)
It has bigger brakes than the camaro will have. Engine wise they aren't to far off especially if the voodoo jumos into the gt engine slot. Transmission wise they are lacking "strength" but those gear ratios make up for lack of torque. Weight? 3700 ain't bad considering thats what the camaro should weigh so I'm not sure why it will "need" to lose weight. The camaro should have the upper hand but I'm not sold on the camaro rotor size unless it dropped more weight than predicted which won't happen considering the ats-v came out weighing more than they said it would. But only time will tell.

Gt500 had bigger brakes than the zl1 and the zl1 had no where near the brake fade as the gt500.

They're whooped in power, 20hp, 55tq with a much broader powerband. We aren't talking a tenth or two faster...factory everything in, we are talking .4 to .5. That's a boatload faster. Shorter gears don't make up for torque/power as they will need to shift more. That's mustang folklore.

fastball 06-25-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 (Post 8501635)
It has bigger brakes than the camaro will have

You fell for it.

The Camaro's slightly reduced brake size is due to the weight savings. It doesn't need as large of a brake, and reduced undprung weight improves performance.